Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!
  1. Folks, some of you have asked if we were trimming our forums since there are no sports at the moment. We’re going to keep everything open on the forums to provide a sense of normalcy here. It’s our hope Gator Country can be a place of comfort for you during these crazy times. Be safe my friends and take care. -Ray and the GC staff. GO GATORS IN AL KINDS OF WEATHER!

PS. If you happen to find yourself in tight financial circumstances with regards to renewing here please reach out to us. We’d be happy to help sort it out.

The 10 most redneck cities in Florida

Discussion in 'GatorTail Pub' started by g8orbill, Feb 19, 2020.

1. g8orbill

g8orbill Old Gator VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Clermont, Fl
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. gatorknights

gatorknights GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    Gainesville, FL
    Nice to see Mascotte made the list. I am kind of surprised that Palatka didn't make it. I would give honorable mention to Bithlo and Chuluota. Possibly Umatilla as well. :)

3. tcmba

tcmba Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Okeechobee definitely deserves it's number one rating. But it is much more than just a redneck town. When Paul Harvey wrote his "God Made a Farmer" column he was probably thinking of Okeechobee. Many of our state and country's agricultural leaders are from Okeechobee. Many great Gators too.

4. gatorknights

Apr 8, 2007
    Gainesville, FL
    There was a time that Kissimmee might have made that list but good old Walt Disney put a stop to it. :)

5. tilly

tilly Superhero Mod. Fast witted. Bulletproof posts. Moderator VIP Member

They left speed traps per capita out or Starke and Waldo would have taken the prize.

Also...lol at Arcadia. I always thought it was #1 in a landslide.

• Like Like x 1
  6. gatordavisl

gatordavisl VIP Member

Apr 8, 2007
    northern MN
    Moorehaven? Clewiston? LaBelle? Plant City (more of a redneck metropolis)? I'd put Immokalee pretty high on the list, too.

• Like Like x 1
  7. gatordavisl

gatordavisl VIP Member

Apr 8, 2007
    northern MN
    These were my predictions - looks like I got one of 'em.

8. ThePlayer

ThePlayer VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    I remember three dudes living next door to me from Brooksville ages ago.
    They were up in Gainesville going to Sante Fe Community College (of course).
    And they told me a guy from their high school actually had sex with a cow. :oops:

Last edited: Feb 22, 2020
  9. gatordavisl

gatordavisl VIP Member

Apr 8, 2007
    northern MN
    Perhaps they had access to a movie theatre and were privileged to watch this flick:

10. gatorknights

Apr 8, 2007
    Gainesville, FL
    Yeehaw Junction didn't make the cut? No love for Holopaw? Not even Zellwood? Not fair :D

11. gatorknights

Apr 8, 2007
    Gainesville, FL
    Oh and Sorrento is angry as well.

12. etennant

etennant Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Starke has never been a speed trap. Waldo was before their police department was disbanded a couple years ago. Lawley despite their recent assertions still is a speed trap.

13. G8trGr8t

G8trGr8t Premium Member

Aug 26, 2008
    Seems like number of fishing shops is weighted too heavily.

14. GatorFirefighter

GatorFirefighter Junior

Apr 13, 2007
    Longwood, FL
    Geneva says hold my beer....

• Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
  15. gatorknights

Apr 8, 2007
    Gainesville, FL
    Okamumpka wants in. I'd bring Winter Garden into the discussion but Orlando took care of that.

16. gatordavisl

gatordavisl VIP Member

Apr 8, 2007
    northern MN
    I like the very thought of this thread. It brings a warmth to my heart that can only be felt from having meaningful experiences in the heart of a state/region. Now that I live in Minnesota, I feel that there are rednecks and rednecky communities in the far north too - it's just different in its own ways. Would be fun to read a list of the most redneck towns in Minnesota. I'm not much familiar with them, but have passed through more than a few.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. ThePlayer

ThePlayer VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Are you up in the St Paul/Minneapolis area or some less populated town Davis?
    Once dated a girl in Gainesville from there and always had an interest to visit.
    Is it the land of tall Viking blondes or has it changed over the years?
    How cold does it get where you are?

18. gatordavisl

gatordavisl VIP Member

Apr 8, 2007
    northern MN
    I'm in Duluth - 150 miles north of the twin cities. It's a very homogenous population (esp. when compared with the places I've lived in Fla) and yes, there are many beautiful girls of Scandinavian decent. I'd place the girls of MN on a pretty high scale, though not quite like the UF campus on a temperate Friday afternoon ;). As for cold, this is one of the coldest places in the northern 48 - colder than places like Chicago, Boston, and even Anchorage (at the moment, Anchorage is 7 degrees warmer than Duluth).
    The only saving grace is that its beautiful beyond belief up here and people do outdoors all year. Hiking, biking, skiing, etc. and we're on Lake Superior, which is surrounded by endless parks and rec.

• Like Like x 1
    • Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1