Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Thanks Seniors!

Discussion in 'Nuttin' but Net' started by bakaduin, Mar 23, 2019.

1. bakaduin

bakaduin VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    I will miss this group. Hudson has been one of my favorite players to watch and Hayes this year was the heart of this team. Allen was fun to watch for four years and I wish he had developed that killer instinct to unlock his potential.

Great season and I look forward to next year.

Last edited: Mar 23, 2019
    • Like Like x 7
    • Winner Winner x 5
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  2. Bazza

Bazza GC Hall of Fame

Jan 2, 2009
    New Smyrna Beach
    Thank you seniors!

This will be the best thread on the forum for the next 48 hours.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. GatorPlanet

GatorPlanet GC Hall of Fame

Apr 15, 2007
    Maitland, FL
    Best wishes to all the seniors!

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  4. shane4three

shane4three GC Hall of Fame

Dec 24, 2014
    Great young men. Hayes is a guy I’d go to war with.

3 great dudes.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  5. gogators73

gogators73 GC Hall of Fame

Oct 30, 2007
    St. Petersburg, FL
    An interesting group with how they each were so close to being elite. Glad they were all Gators though.

Will be weird to turn on the first game next year and not see them. They’ve been an enormous part of Gator basketball the last 2-3 years.

Losing basketball seniors is always more emotional to me than football. This year is no different.

• Agree Agree x 4
  6. jeffphillips21

jeffphillips21 GC Hall of Fame

Jun 20, 2009
    Vancouver
    Yes big thanks to Hudson, Hayes and Allen! Big shoes to fill next year. Here's to hope our 3 freshmen make the sophomore jump and our 3 incoming freshmen are at least as good as we expect.

Can't wait to see what Scottie Lewis can do after a summer/fall with Preston

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. 33hoop

33hoop GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    Lexington, KY
    Best wishes to these fine young men.

• Agree Agree x 3
  8. 33hoop

33hoop GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    Lexington, KY
    They gave us some great moments and some moments that made me want to scream with frustration. I will miss them and not miss them. Looking forward to see how White does with a team of all his own recruits.

9. UFish

UFish GC Legend

Dec 14, 2010
    We are going to miss Hayes defensively very much next year. Nobody on the roster who can do what he’s done for us the last few years. At least not right now.

I’ll always remember Allen exploding for 35 on Wisky in the Sweet 16 two years ago and I’m glad Hudson got to close out his senior season playing more like himself.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  10. gatorbogey

gatorbogey Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    s. e. florida
    Enjoyed the journey they were on as gators. Will always be gators. Brought much delights!

• Like Like x 2
  11. RD_gator

RD_gator GC Hall of Fame

Jul 20, 2007
    A special thank you to Kevaughn Allen & Kevarius Hayes for giving four years to Florida Basketball. And thank you Jalen Hudson for the last 2-3 years with the Gators. All of you have provided great memories for Gator fans.

Good luck to all of you in your future endeavors!

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  12. gatorknights

gatorknights GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    Gainesville, FL
    Despite the loss today those young men can hold their heads up high and be proud of what they accomplished here. They may have wanted better results, but their hard work and effort deserves respect. Good job fellas!

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  13. g8rvet

g8rvet Premium Member

Feb 2, 2011
    Hayes winds up #2 all time in blocks. Allen scores 1000. Hudson came back to play with is teammates another year. 3 great Gators and I appreciate all the effort from these young men.

• Like Like x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  14. KAGator67

KAGator67 GC Hall of Fame

Feb 2, 2011
    Thanks for an unforgettable season. Best to all of you guys in your future endeavors.

• Like Like x 1
  15. BA69MA72

BA69MA72 All American

Apr 8, 2007
    They carried on the tradition of men’s basketball players being outstanding men and exemplars of the University of Florida

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  16. ApexNC

ApexNC VIP Member

Apr 8, 2007
    NC
    All great representatives of the university. I wish them the best in their futures.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. A big thank you to Hayes, Allen, and Hudson. Great gators who provided us with thrills and chills for, literally, years. I remember Hayes as a freshman throwing up his first foul shots that barely hit the backboard and I remember him going to the line this year when the heat was on and knocking them down. Great young men who gave us their all. You will be missed and we will keep rooting for you whatever you do in the future.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  18. tilly

tilly Superhero Mod. Fast witted. Bulletproof posts. Moderator VIP Member

I tried to find the thread..but think ot is purged. I wont recall the entire event for time, but after last years LSU game...my kids looked back to notice the whole team entering the ODome lobby just as the door closed behind us. Allen seeing my kids noticing them through the glass from outside and then sneaking us back into the arena (after security said no) so my kids could meet the team, and then Hayes walking with us to our car is a moment my kids still talk about. My girls (then 13 and 11) and son (7) were so blown away. (My daughters now - 15 and 13 -were so sad seeing them walk off the floor last night. My son is more of a wins and losses ready for next year kid lol)

Cheese and Egor were great too.

Guys all took pictures and hung out just to talk to is.These past two classes will always be some of my favorite classes because of that one night.

GREAT kids.

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  19. jmac83

jmac83 GC Legend

Apr 9, 2007
    All three seem like good kids, and it was nice to see a Senior Day with multiple players standing with their parents. Leverage that UF degree, guys, it’s a bigger asset than you know.

• Like Like x 1
  20. BLING

BLING GC Hall of Fame

Apr 16, 2007
    All 3 had great college careers and were by all accounts fine teammates and people. They should go out with their heads held high.

I actually believe these guys will be harder to replace than people assume. While we have a couple guys coming who look like uber talents, there's something to be said for seniors vs. freshmen. Even most 5* freshmen don't necessarily come in and dominate like Zion Williamson, there is an adjustment... sometimes a freshmen wall late in the season.

• Friendly Friendly x 1