Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Televangelist Jim Bakker has the $125 Coronavirus cure

Discussion in 'GatorNana's Too Hot for Swamp Gas' started by WarDamnGator, Feb 26, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WarDamnGator

WarDamnGator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    Apparently he's pimping colloidal silver as a cure-all that has eliminated other strains of Coronavirus within 12 hours, and sells it on his website for $125 to $300. According to his guest:

"Well, let's say [Silver Solution] hasn't been tested on this strain of the coronavirus, but it's been tested on other strains of the coronavirus and has been able to eliminate it within 12 hours," she said. "Totally eliminate it. Kills it, deactivates it. And then it boosts your immune system so then you can support the recovery, because when you kill the virus, then the immune system comes into action to clear it out. So you want a vibrant immune system as well as an ability to deactivate these viruses."

FWIW, actual medical concensus is not only does this not work, but it's dangerous and prevents other medication from working.

Televangelist sells $125 'Silver Solution' as cure for Coronavirus

Last edited: Feb 26, 2020
  2. BLING

BLING GC Hall of Fame

Apr 16, 2007
    Trump should make this guy his CDC chief.

• Funny x 6
    • Like x 2
    • Agree x 2
    • Winner x 2
    • Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
    • Wish I would have said that x 1
  3. oragator1

oragator1 Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Darwin something something. Imagine reading thisnguy’s bio and deciding to even listen to him, let alone give money to him, or trust him with a cure for anything.
    I would hope prosecutors would go after him for pushing dangerous cures, but no chance this admin goes after a religious leader, and he is not going to be questioned by a conservative Missouri government either.

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. BLING

BLING GC Hall of Fame

Apr 16, 2007
    That was my first thought. It’s obviously fraud. Guy must think he has free reign to commit fraud. Though in fairness, I’m not sure previous administrations were keen to go after those who hide behind a religious cloak either.

There is a certain logic that needs to be broken through to get these bad actors: if you are a dem, you don’t want to go after this guy and hear all the “nanny state war on Christians” nonsense that would probably be full blast on Fox News... and we know Trump isn’t going after this guy, more likely he will probably start pimping this stuff through his campaign.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. 96Gatorcise

96Gatorcise GC Hall of Fame

Aug 6, 2008
    Tampa
    Pimpin' the gin and jesus juice

• Like Like x 1
  6. sierragator

sierragator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007

• Funny Funny x 1
  7. gatorknights

gatorknights GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    Gainesville, FL
    With a big old lie and a flag and a pie most folks are just liable to buy any lie any place any time.

It is easy with the bible to pretend that you're in show biz.

Right Frankie??? :D:D:D

8. mutz87

mutz87 #stayingtf@home VIP Member

Aug 30, 2014
    [​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  9. studegator

studegator All American

Feb 24, 2008
    Many moons ago I got involved in the natural supplement business. Colloidal Silver was heavily pushed as a near miracle medical product. Preppers bought tons of it. Of course there is no science to back its so called property's up.
    I woke up and got out of the business-----

10. AgingGator

AgingGator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 24, 2007
    I thought Jim died years ago. Out of sight, out of mind I guess.

The Jim and Tammy Fay jokes were fun back in the day.

I have a cousin who worked for Swaggart’s “church” . Heard some good stories from her.

Also used to drive by Benny Hinn’s church everyday in Orlando. These guys were all Madoff before we heard about Madoff.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  11. boligator

boligator All American

Apr 3, 2007
    Jesus would be so proud...Baker is one pathetic human being.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. cocodrilo

cocodrilo GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    Jim's a Christian, so don't knock it!
    The coronavirus scare
    Puts some silver in his pocket
    Like the silver in his hair.

13. gatorpika

gatorpika Premium Member

Sep 14, 2008
    i don't think you can call him a "religious leader" or even a televangelist anymore. He lost his tv stations and everything else in the bankruptcy and now he just has a website and a streaming channel where he will say anything to make a buck. Even for a "televangelist", he has hit rock bottom.

• Agree Agree x 3
  14. danmann65

danmann65 GC Legend

May 22, 2015
    I have many Jim an tammy stories going back to my youth in Charlotte, when Jim and Tammy had a kids puppet show on uhf and I went to school with their kids at Lansdowne(sp)elementary.

This time I am going to tell a tale from my Atlanta days. PTL had fallen Jerry Falwell had gone down the slide at the timeshare scam they were running.

Jim and Tammy's son was a street evangelist. He said he was preaching to the homeless and addicted which he may have been but he also on Sunday went to the Pentecostal church and told them what he was doing and asked people to dig deep to support him in his ministry.

The apple doesn't fall far from the tree.

15. cocodrilo

Apr 8, 2007
    He has a TV show that can be seen on one of the religious channels.

• Informative Informative x 1
  16. cocodrilo

Apr 8, 2007
    The thing I remember about Tammy (besides her crying at the drop of a hat) was when she said that God healed her washing machine. She had to go somewhere and had to get her clothes washed first. But the machine wouldn't work. So she got on her knees and put her hands on the machine and said, "I know that God is gonna heal this washing machine!" And immediately the machine started working - "Womp, womp, womp!" Praise God!

• Funny Funny x 3
  17. gator_fever

gator_fever GC Hall of Fame

Nov 3, 2013
    This mess may not do anything but there are natural things that work good with certain ailments and doctors won't talk about them because they can't be patented to make money like prescriptions.

• Funny Funny x 1
  18. BLING

BLING GC Hall of Fame

Apr 16, 2007
    I’m sure there are “natural” things that have good properties, like eating berries with antioxidants or green tea or whatever or eating Salmon for Omega-3’s. That’s just part of living healthy.

But if it’s sold in a bottle as a “supplement”, it’s probably a scam. Most of them are. Even semi-legit things like vitamin supplements aren’t fully effective due to the way the body processes them, but they are marginally better than nothing.

• Agree Agree x 2
  19. gator_fever

gator_fever GC Hall of Fame

Nov 3, 2013
    One I know works and might bring borderline and early type 2 diabetes people into good numbers is simply taking a chromium picolinate supplement a few days a week. Most people are really deficient and multi vitamins and most diets now don't give you enough of it.

Another one is selenium. I bet many people being treated for slow thyroid would recover a lot naturally if they took some of that a few days a week and wouldn't need medication after a while.

20. sas1988

sas1988 Sophomore

Nov 16, 2016
    Denver
    Damn! I haven't thought about Benny Hinn since I moved to Denver 18 years ago. I used to do some catering in the 90's and we were at his huge church all the time. Ridiculous opulence. Brings back memories though.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.