Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Tebow reassigned to minor league camp

Discussion in 'RayGator's Swamp Gas' started by Nostradamus, Mar 12, 2019.

1. TrueGator

TrueGator GC Legend

Nov 11, 2014
    He went 4 for 15 with an RBI with the major league club in Spring Training, so he finished up with a .267 batting average. Seemed solid in the outfield on routine plays.

Last edited: Mar 13, 2019 at 9:32 AM
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. WhattaGator

WhattaGator Psycho Mod and Cook Shack Chef Moderator VIP Member

Agreed...
    That's why I stated previously that I feel he has a good shot at getting called up sometime in the season.

Tim's definitely no slouch!

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. avogator

avogator Sophomore

Apr 3, 2007
    Tim should get married

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Come On Man Come On Man x 1
  4. StrangeGator

StrangeGator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Chicago
    Yea, that's when life gets really exciting.

• Funny Funny x 1
  5. dflll1216

dflll1216 Senior

Nov 20, 2017
    Florida’s Space Coast
    Copy that AND agreed!!!

Tip o’ the hat, sir!

6. biggynugs

biggynugs All American

Apr 3, 2007
    Orlando, fl
    That’s what the Mets organization is hoping too

7. 95Gator

95Gator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 9, 2007
    Studio City, CA
    Not me. Die hard yankee fan since my Dad took me to games at 2 but if Tebow is on the Mets, my whole childhood arguing over who was better with all my friends that were Mets fans will go out the door and i don't care if I'm in Yankee stadium. Even if he's just on the roster, I will be rooting for Tim and the Mets to beat my Yankees. And if he is batting, I'll go nutty.

Last edited: Mar 13, 2019 at 7:24 PM
    • Like Like x 2
  8. GatorNavy

GatorNavy Tally me banana Moderator VIP Member

Apr 9, 2007
    Space Coast
    Even if he doesn't make the big league, making AAA is an accomplishment that not many baseball players achieve. Especially for those who had not played since high school.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  9. TrueGator

TrueGator GC Legend

Nov 11, 2014
    AAA is the stockyard for the majors. If Tim does continue to do well enough to maintain at the AAA level, he will likely get a call-up at some point in the season, probably after the rosters expand. At his age, I would say he has at least a 50-50 shot of a short call-up in September, especially if the Mets aren't competitive at that point, which is usually the case. Just want to see him get one major league hit during the regular season, and I will be satisfied. Phenomenal rise by a great Gator. Hitting a 95 mph pitch is literally the hardest thing to do in sports.

Last edited: Mar 13, 2019 at 12:15 PM
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  10. VAg8r1

VAg8r1 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    Off-topic but he is engaged to a former Miss Universe. On topic there is fairly good chance that he will be called up some time during the season.
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  11. 92gator

92gator GC Hall of Fame

Jun 14, 2007
    "Women weaken legs, Rock!"

Maybe he's waiting til his playing days are behind him.

• Funny Funny x 1
  12. enviroGator

enviroGator Premium Member

Apr 12, 2007
    Hey.... glad to see you are still around!

13. Go2gtr

Go2gtr GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    In AAA he'll be facing the highest level of pitching this side of the show. He was hitting at .267 in Mets spring training camp. He can hit big league pitching. He may be able to pick up another technique, for hitting the curve for instance, to hit a four-pitch pitcher. I look for him to get a call up at some point.

14. enviroGator

Apr 12, 2007
    I'm no expert, but I'd think it is probably harder to hit those crazy screwball sliding, dropping, yo yo balls I've seen.

I don't watch a lot of baseball, but I did watch all the Gator world series games a year or two back and some of those pitches that our ace (can't remember his name) threw were just unfair.

As a batter it would look like you were going to get nailed in the ribs then at the last millisecond it would slice over the plate for a strike.

Or it looked right over the plate and then it dropped at the last second making the batter look like a fool for swinging at a ball that literally bounced 1 foot before the plate.

Nasty stuff. Just nasty.

15. paidinfull

paidinfull GC Legend

Feb 22, 2017
    ^^^what he said. A 95 mph fastball is nice, but it doesn’t work unless you have some off speed stuff. If all you have is 95, mlb hitters will eat you alive.

Location and movement are more important than just throwing hard. Lots of 95 mph guys that will never make it to the bigs.

16. LakeGator

LakeGator Mostly Harmless Moderator VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Tampa
    That would be on the Alex Faedo, FYI.

17. enviroGator

Apr 12, 2007
    Actually, I think it was Brady Singer that I was thinking of. You are right, Alex was our #1 pitcher during our WS run and was amazing too. But some of the stuff Brady threw made my jaw drop.

Talk about an embarrassment of riches having those two in the bullpen at at the same time. And we get guys like that for one reason. Mom's and Dad's know they can trust O'Sullivan to coach them up and not destroy their arms. We need to sign that guy to a lifetime contract!

• Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
  18. paidinfull

paidinfull GC Legend

Feb 22, 2017
    Kowar also had some really nasty stuff. Dyson was a huge help in the tourney too, but he’s one of those 95mph guys I don’t think will ever make it to the bigs. He leaves that 95 mph fastball belt high over the middle way too much, and really struggles with throwing strikes.

Brady had a ton of natural run on his fastball that made him really hard to hit. 93-94 that starts over the plate and runs in on your hands...he plunked his fair share of hitters too. Faedo and Singer both had nasty sliders. Kowar probably had the best curve ball of those three. He’s who I would think you’re talking about when you talk about a pitch that looks like its gonna hit you in the ribs sliding back over the plate for a strike.

• Informative Informative x 1
  19. enviroGator

Apr 12, 2007
    Could be. I just remember a couple of times guys would jump back trying not to get hit and get a strike called on them. lol. That can't be good for the ego.

• Like Like x 1
  20. paidinfull

paidinfull GC Legend

Feb 22, 2017
    Always great to get a guy jumping out of the box on a called strike. Or watching their knees buckle and body just lock up.

We’ve definitely had some good ones.