Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!
  1. Father's Day is coming.... Give your Dad a gift he’ll appreciate all year long and save up to $20!

This year, for a limited time and in limited quantities, you can take advantage of our Father's Day Special package and get a discount on top of it. This special won't be around long, so here's how to jump on it now -- click here for details!

TE Tebow?

Discussion in 'RayGator's Swamp Gas' started by bposs, Apr 29, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. garettk

garettk GC Hall of Fame

Oct 3, 2008
    I’m sure somewhere, there a participation trophy they can give those guys.

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  2. Distant Gator

Distant Gator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 9, 2007
    Upstate, SC
    It is odd, but Tebow is an anomaly. I'm sure everyone on the board agrees.

But as far as the media- you nailed it. After my post I went to lunch at a local and they had the noon ESPN Sportscenter on.
    I couldn't hear it but it was all Tebow- highlights, discussions. They even brought in Rex Ryan.
    I mean really? I love me some Tebow but this is such a small story in the scheme of things.
    I can't blame the players for thinking this is ridiculous.
    They are wrong, but I can't blame them.

3. Skink

Skink GC Hall of Fame

The media insists on generating as much negative spin as possible on this. They hate Tebow even though he gives them stuff to write about. Why? Because he stands for things they abhor. The media is the dark side. I couldn’t believe the hate spewing from Shannon Sharpe yesterday on whatever shitty sports show he yaps on.

Tebow is a hometown boy in Jax - a guy who incidentally won 2 national championships and a Heisman. He’s trying to make a comeback on the local NFL team coached by his former college coach. If it was anybody but Tim Tebow it would be the feel good story of the week and everybody would be pulling for him. But haters gonna hate, and no public entity I know is as diametrically opposed in their values from Tim Tebow as the mainstream media.

It’s unfortunate - he’s had this going against him from Day 1

Go get ‘em Timmy

Last edited: May 12, 2021
    • Best Post Ever x 5
    • Agree x 4
    • Like x 3
    • Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
    • Winner x 1
  4. DawgFanFromAlabam

DawgFanFromAlabam GC Hall of Fame

Apr 18, 2007
    Funniest posts are that his good character would enhance a NFL locker room. Remember, we’re talking the NFL here...

• Agree x 4
    • Like x 1
    • Disagree Bacon! x 1
    • Funny x 1
    • Come On Man x 1
  5. TrueGator

TrueGator GC Hall of Fame

Nov 11, 2014
    If Tim Tebow was as worried as some here that he would not be succesful at something, that he would be a "distraction" unless he sat home and did nothing, or that there might be perceptions of favoritism if he went out and made his own opportunities, he never would have accomplished what he has in his life... both on an off the football field. Don't worry about Tim; he's certainly not worried about anyone's opinions or perceptions of his limitations... still.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Best Post Ever Best Post Ever x 1
  6. Wanne15

Wanne15 GC Hall of Fame

Jan 18, 2015
    The reasons he’s getting signed are obvious to most people.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. DawgFanFromAlabam

DawgFanFromAlabam GC Hall of Fame

Apr 18, 2007
    Big TT fan, have posted the story of how blessed my Mom felt to meet him at the Senior Bowl. How much I appreciated his kindness.

Not meant as a shot at TT, meant as a shot to the “character” of the NFL.

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  8. 183gator

183gator Junior

Nov 17, 2010
    Agree 100 % - imagine putting him, Hernandez, and Gronk on the field at the same time, and every now and then again line him up at Qb with those two and 2 wideouts and one back, DCs nightmare

9. Skink

Skink GC Hall of Fame

I stand corrected Dawgfan - just sporting a high level of annoyance right now at all the negativity surrounding him, particularly from other Gator fans. And that’s not your fight - my apologies. Post deleted

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  10. 4everaGator

4everaGator GC Hall of Fame

Aug 3, 2010
    Central Florida
    It's so true Skink! Tebow gave them fodder for their crappy media voices for years and all they can repay him with is more hate!

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
  11. Nostradamus

Nostradamus GC Hall of Fame

Sep 18, 2015
    1 - I don’t know if Tebow will make the team after a number of years away from the game or not. If anyone can, it would be him. By all accounts he lives a clean lifestyle, maintains an elite level of fitness, and he’s a very good athlete. In any event, it’s irrelevant how long other players have been out of the league who aren’t getting a shot. If Myer wants to have his grandfather try out for kicker, it’s totally his call - he gets paid to win.

2 - Urban Myer builds championship winning cultures. If you watch any of the long-format interviews he’s done, he points out that each time he takes over a team, he hires the right people to help build and maintain a championship culture. He hammers away at the point that he looks to build the best possible organization.

3 - As for players and culture, he’s had firsthand experience with Tebow as a locker room leader. It’s entirely possible he values his potential leadership and cultural contributions as much as his playing potential. He may also want to have Tebow take some of the short yardage pounding instead of his franchise QB.

4 - The media will whip everything Tebow-related into a circus. Perhaps that would take some of the spotlight off of T Lawrence as he gets his feet wet. Tebow can handle whatever the media throw at him without trouble. Won’t bother him a bit nor effect his performance.

Bottom line is Myer is building and org, staff, roster to win games. If he thinks Tebow can help win games, how long he’s been out of the league is irrelevant.

• Like Like x 6
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Wish I would have said that Wish I would have said that x 1
    • Best Post Ever Best Post Ever x 1
  12. Nostradamus

Nostradamus GC Hall of Fame

Sep 18, 2015

• Like Like x 8
    • Winner Winner x 1
  13. mkfgator

mkfgator GC Legend

Aug 28, 2019
    All of this because of a slow day at the media machine. I can't wait for Hurricane Season and the Weather Channel's next attempt to get an Academy Award.
    Get Evil K'nievel to jump over an 80 foot wave to prove water is wet and air is dry.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  14. CHFG8R

CHFG8R GC Hall of Fame

Apr 24, 2007
    St. Augustine, FL
    So true. Much ado about nothing. Contrived outrage at it's finest. Dude lives like 20 minutes from the practice facility. Urban has called him the most important signing in his career. Probably the closest thing to a son Urban has that isn't a blood relative. Urban also quoted (to Collinsworth) that ". . . we'll give it a try."

No guarantees of a spot on the final 53 man roster. No multi-year, multi-Million dollar deal. Just "give it a try" and you'd think someone shot their grandmothers. What a pathetic joke mainstream media has become. No wonder YouTubers are taking their lunch money. Oh, let's all shed a tear for all those 3rd string tight ends that aren't getting a similar opportunity. What a joke. If they were intellecually honest, there would only be one vein to this discussion. "Do you think he'll make the 53 man roster in August?" Everything else is just a bunch of click-baity, contrived nonsense.

P.S. Does anyone really give a s--t what Nolie Devon Bush II thinks about anything to do with ex-Gators? (Yeah, I know he went to UM, but we all know that was a "business" decision. Kid grew up hating everything Gators and would have been at F$U if Fisher hadn't turned it into a tire fire).

• Like Like x 4
    • Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 2
  15. mkfgator

mkfgator GC Legend

Aug 28, 2019
    Right on. You ought to read an article on Outkick the Coverage, Clay Travis. I forgot the name of the article. Many people in this country are like us--sports fans. We love to watch the games and escape from the "real world" . But for me and , according to the article , 96% of Americans regardless of race, gender, etc don't want to mix politics with sports. The highest rated sports channel, at least according to the Outkick article, was The Golf Channel. ESPN, I think , was lagging behind the channel that nightly airs movies like "How I Slept with a Serial Killer" or "My Mom the Axe Murderer".

• Like Like x 2
  16. believer

believer GC Legend

Jun 2, 2007
    Nobody would care if it were anyone else but Tebow. That’s the bottom line. People don’t like him because, apparently, he’s just an awful person or something.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  17. Skink

Skink GC Hall of Fame

If it was anyone other than Tebow the media would be trying their best to make it their feel good story for more clicks

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
  18. cocodrilo

cocodrilo GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    The real story here is that Tebow is just trying to get away from that wife of his.

• Funny Funny x 3
  19. your_perfect_enemy

your_perfect_enemy GC Hall of Fame

Apr 7, 2010
    Not even sure what the argument is about anymore but I saw his name so I wanted to chime in… Clay Travis is an asshat

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Bacon! Disagree Bacon! x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  20. Claygator

Claygator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 11, 2007
    Remember, you're a leg humper.

Don't you have somewhere else to do that?

• Funny Funny x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.