Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

TE Tebow?

Discussion in 'RayGator's Swamp Gas' started by bposs, Apr 29, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. antny1

antny1 GC Hall of Fame

Dec 3, 2019
    The authority has spoken....

2. antny1

antny1 GC Hall of Fame

Dec 3, 2019
    FB_IMG_1620938452696.jpg

3. Claygator

Claygator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 11, 2007
    You are one giant BLAH BLAH.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
  4. hoyt233

hoyt233 GC Hall of Fame

Aug 31, 2009
    Prattvile, AL-Go Lions!
    I wish he would just stay in THFSG and not bring that crap over here.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  5. coach

coach GC Hall of Fame

Dec 5, 2008
    Boca Raton
    If you want to bust on the Jags, ought to be more upset with moving their game vs Dolphins to London.
    Genius!

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  6. believer

believer GC Legend

Jun 2, 2007
    If anyone in the Jaguars organization has a problem with this they should be fired (not including rookies or new personnel). After the garbage product they put out last year, they should all be open to any changes. If they insist on more of the same, why are they collecting a paycheck when it’s clearly not working?

• Like Like x 2
  7. SewaneeGator

SewaneeGator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    Certain posters are just provocateurs. I don't know if they actually believe what they write, but I do believe they enjoy kicking over ant piles. I don't think many of them are secret Noles or Dawgs in disguise. They're just people who like to take purposefully contrarian opinions because they get a rise of the reactions for some reason. The real problem for me is not the provocation, it's the predictability. You can guess nine times out of ten what they'll post on a particular subject, well before they ever post. If the general tenor of the group is up, they will insist on down. If everyone is left, they are right. If the choice is black, they will complain about white. It's just dull.

With smart alecky certainty and smug condescension, they post the same "hey look at me, I'm so different and some much better or smarter or whatever" each and every time. The funny thing is the few times a some of our regular provocateurs posted something in broad agreement with others, it's often really good, interesting, even insightful. The ability is there, but it's not why they post, or post as much as they do. It's a schtick and a gimmick, or maybe a habit and a reflex. Either way, I'd encourage people to not take it too personally. Because odds are that's exactly why they're doing in the first place.

• Like Like x 3
    • Best Post Ever Best Post Ever x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
  8. hawaiigator

hawaiigator All American

Sep 9, 2018
    I’d buy you a beer if we were near each other.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. BLING

BLING GC Hall of Fame

Apr 16, 2007
    Let's take the O&B goggles off. Teysom Hill runs a 4.4 40, he has legit NFL WR speed, elite speed even. Tebow was officially clocked at 4.7 in his prime. Tebow was more of a power runner, almost a true running back coming at defenders from the QB position. That is what made him special, you never see a QB running over linebackers in the SEC, and Tebow did that. But his speed is pretty average if you compare him to an NFL RB or a TE (particularly if we are to assume he may have lost a step or two).

There's some talk of the Jags using him as a short yardage wildcat FB/RB, no doubt Tebow was elite at that, and that could and should have been part of his package on any NFL team he was on. Makes perfect sense to have him as 3rd string QB and if he can score some TD's, go for it. But at 34 you wonder how many hits he can take. I never believed the suggested move to TE made sense even when he was 24, so obviously to me it makes far less sense now. I'll believe it when I see it.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  10. Nostradamus

Nostradamus GC Legend

Sep 18, 2015
    Dude. You’re clueless. Now you’re saying Spikes’ comment about Tebow being a locker room inspiration isn’t about that, it’s really about good relationships with his college coach. Seriously. It’s hard to believe you have any logical or philosophical foundation, and you should be embarrassed by your lack of critical/linear thinking - but you’re not. Instead you’re oblivious.

Keep moving the goal posts when you’re pinned down. Nice job. Rookie move. I’m done.

Rather rearrange my sock drawer than deal with people like you.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Best Post Ever Best Post Ever x 1
  11. antny1

antny1 GC Hall of Fame

Dec 3, 2019
    The same guy that says forum posters shouldn't have an opinion about other issues with football players because they have no skin in the game unless they played competitive sports is now completely dismissing Spikes comments. Pretty hypocritical.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Wish I would have said that Wish I would have said that x 1
  12. tegator80

tegator80 GC Hall of Fame

May 29, 2007
    Richmond, VA
    This was/is a combination of the NFL wanting teams to play in London (or Mexico City) and the Jags owner seeing a way to make more money than relying on local revenue streams that are not as good as the Dallas's and Washington's of the league. They have to compete with these guys for free agent players. If the Lawrence/Meyer experiment works well, THEN the local revenues can catch up.

13. tegator80

tegator80 GC Hall of Fame

May 29, 2007
    Richmond, VA
    Besides being an alright sized H-back for the NFL, what I believe to be correct (based on what veterans have said) is that the main difference between being young and old isn't you are less athletic but that it takes longer for your body to heal. It is much harder to get back into playing/practicing shape when you cross the 30 line. Tim has that against him, besides having to get punished trying to catch a pass. He hasn't had that experience yet.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. CHFG8R

CHFG8R GC Hall of Fame

Apr 24, 2007
    St. Augustine, FL
    And, in reality, all the Jags have committed to is exactly that, "We'll give it a try". Really just a nothingburger. If he makes the final 53, then we can talk. Right now - and given his relationship with the community/coach - it's perfectly understandable.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  15. unclerob

unclerob Junior

Aug 14, 2015
    Tebow was one of the fastest doing the three cone drill. That tells me that he has great acceleration and a little less top end speed. Even at 4.7 in the 40, the only defensive players that are going to be faster are in the secondary. I wish the dbs trying to tackle him good luck.

• Like Like x 2
  16. GameTime1

GameTime1 GC Hall of Fame

Jul 27, 2015
    Not sure about this. I think there are many LBs running sub 4.7s in today's NFL.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  17. hawaiigator

hawaiigator All American

Sep 9, 2018
    Brandon Spikes ran a terrible 40 and his response was somewhere along the lines of when am I going to run 40 yards to the line of scrimmage? Agree with the post above saying he had a great cone drill which is what’s measuring acceleration and explosiveness. I do see your point though that LBs are becoming more athletic in general though

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. Endless Excuses

Endless Excuses GC Hall of Fame

Jan 13, 2010
    Swampville
    Tebow not only ran the best three cone drill in the entire draft everyone included but that time back then was top 3 all time at any position. I think it was like a 6.67 or something. What that says is he may not have top end 40 speed but he gets that 240 lbs of muscle up to speed really fast. That’s going to lay a wallop on someone in a big way and I’m betting it won’t be Tebow crawling off the turf after the collision.

• Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
  19. 4everaGator

4everaGator GC Hall of Fame

Aug 3, 2010
    Central Florida
    Not surprised by this take from you on the word "inspiration' given your completely uninspired posts on this board!

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  20. G8tas

G8tas All American

Sep 22, 2008
    Tebow won't make the team

• Informative Informative x 1
    • Come On Man Come On Man x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.