Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

TE Tebow?

Discussion in 'RayGator's Swamp Gas' started by bposs, Apr 29, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pd_gator

pd_gator GC Hall of Fame

Oct 6, 2013
    Florida
    I agree, definitely an attention starved nole fan desperately wanting to see what a moral university & winning sports teams looks like.

• Like Like x 2
  2. GameTime1

GameTime1 GC Hall of Fame

Jul 27, 2015
    I get the idea, but I think a Gator fan can be indifferent. I really don't care much that he's getting another shot, what's the big deal? I just hope it ends well.

3. Skink

Skink GC Hall of Fame

How can any true Gator fan be indifferent to Tim Tebow? That would be like being indifferent to Danny Wuerffel or Steve Spurrier.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  4. GameTime1

Jul 27, 2015
    Indifferent to the comeback, not the individual.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Skink

Skink GC Hall of Fame

huh?

• Agree Agree x 3
  6. believer

believer GC Legend

Jun 2, 2007
    I can understand this. I’m personally happy for him, but I get others might not care. What I don’t understand is why so many people are mad about it. It’s pure hatred. Luckily, I don’t think it bothers Tim as much as it bothers many of us.

• Agree Agree x 5
  7. Wanne15

Wanne15 GC Hall of Fame

Jan 18, 2015
    Not surprising

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. CHFG8R

CHFG8R GC Hall of Fame

Apr 24, 2007
    St. Augustine, FL
    Bingo. And I'm right there with you on Danny.

• Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
  9. MaceoP

MaceoP GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    I really appreciate the way golfers view and treat Tiger Woods. I believe they see him as someone who contributed to building the tour to where it is now, from a financial perspective. Tim Tebow is not Tiger Woods from an acheivement perspective, however him signing with Jacksonville will give the franchise more attention, and if he can make the team, or spur interest in making the team, it makes all players in football benefit.

• Come On Man Come On Man x 1
  10. Gatorborn

Gatorborn Sophomore

Jul 11, 2014
    South Carolina
    Those of us that are real Gator fans would remind you that Urban did convince Mike Pouncey to play defensive line his freshman year.

• Winner Winner x 1
    • Wish I would have said that Wish I would have said that x 1
  11. iam4uf

iam4uf GC Hall of Fame

Apr 12, 2007
    Gainesville
    Ex playoff winning QB humbles himself with a position change to seek vindication of his NFL-level skills. That's the story minus the hate. At this point it's actually a minor story that should only gather momentum if/when Tebow survives each cut. It should play out like NCAA basketball Cinderella story. Instead malevolent, malicious media & aged, arrogant athletes who can't believe someone can be that athletic are using this as an avenue to spew hate.

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. Nostradamus

Nostradamus GC Legend

Sep 18, 2015
    Dizzying logic you have there. Take a step back from whatever agenda you have about how long players have been out of the league, and focus on what Spikes said. He said Tebow would be an inspiration in any locker room. He made no reference to whether Tebow could/should/would play TE for the Jags.

Your response is that Spikes has been out of the league for 5 years. Irrelevant.

Then you go off on some tangent that Spikes should come back at another position. Irrelevant.

Next you take us on some convoluted trip, naming random past Gators who are out of the league to different positions. Irrelevant

All of which entirely misses the point Spikes was making about Tebow being an inspiration in the locker room based on his personal experience.

Asinine is right.

• Winner Winner x 4
    • Best Post Ever Best Post Ever x 1
  13. GameTime1

Jul 27, 2015
    Agree, not sure why so many want to be so invested in it. But I guess that's what drives media today. Can't just have a take, it's gotta be a hot take.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. GameTime1

Jul 27, 2015
    only thing is, this idea implies he wasn't humble before.

15. Distant Gator

Distant Gator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 9, 2007
    Upstate, SC
    He wasn't humble about his ability to be a QB in the NFL.
    But anyone who makes it as a QB in the NFL must have that confidence, otherwise they'd never make it.

Perhaps he could have made it if he had changed positions previously??? I really don't know.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  16. 4everaGator

4everaGator GC Hall of Fame

Aug 3, 2010
    Central Florida
    You really just compared Tim Tebow to that slime bag Tiger Woods? lol!

17. 4everaGator

4everaGator GC Hall of Fame

Aug 3, 2010
    Central Florida
    I read one story where Tebow is just trying to attract attention to himself and thus the journey from NFL QB to MLB Wannabe and now to NFL Tightend. It's true that he does seek the spotlight but it is not a self serving quest, he always uses the platform to draw more people to faith in a Savior.

18. orangeblue_coop

orangeblue_coop GC Hall of Fame

Nov 19, 2016
    The Jaguars just hired one of the most successful college coaches of all-time, and just drafted their franchise QB of the future along with the playmaking running back he handed the ball off to during his college career. The franchise already has plenty of buzz and attention going for themselves.

• Come On Man Come On Man x 2
  19. orangeblue_coop

Nov 19, 2016
    Funny, I thought football fans just wanted to watch their football in peace without being subjected to anything else.

Last edited: May 13, 2021
    • Come On Man Come On Man x 2
  20. orangeblue_coop

Nov 19, 2016
    Yes, it will inspire players to keep good relationships with their college coaches, because they never know when their college coaches will get an NFL coaching gig.

• Creative Creative x 1
    • Come On Man Come On Man x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.