Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Taysom Hill vs. Tim Tebow.

Discussion in 'RayGator's Swamp Gas' started by tilly, Jan 13, 2019 at 5:48 PM.

1. tilly

tilly Superhero Moderator with bulletproof posts! Moderator VIP Member

Love watching Drew Brees and the Saints offense...but cant help but think that Tebow could play the same role as Taysom Hill...maybe rven better... Big QB...who plays various spots and special teams while also running a few plays at QB too. Can run wrll and pass of needed.

Oh well. Miss Universe will just have to do..lol

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Like Like x 4
    • Funny Funny x 2
  2. 96Gatorcise

96Gatorcise GC Hall of Fame

Aug 6, 2008
    Tampa
    The only person to blame is Tebow himself. His refusal to see his own limitations as an NFL QB and not listening to the advice of others to switch/try other positions. He could have been a good TE or short yardage RB.
    Hill recognized this and turned himself into a FB player not a position player. TT could have done this as well.

For Miss Universe's sake I hope TT has grown and is open to trying different positions.:eek::D:p

Wildcat!!!!!!!!

• Funny x 6
    • Disagree x 5
    • Come On Man x 3
    • Like x 2
    • Dislike x 2
    • Agree x 1
  3. coach

coach GC Hall of Fame

Dec 5, 2008
    Boca Raton
    Winning record as a starting QB. Very good TD/Int ratio. Better than many of the guys cashing NFL checks. The only reason he's not in league is the circus that follows him.

• Agree Agree x 12
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
  4. shane4three

shane4three GC Hall of Fame

Dec 24, 2014

Hill plays QB. Granted only on goal line situations.

Difference is Tebow started and won in the NFL and that includes a playoff game. I can’t even really compare the two because Hill is a role player at best. Timmy started and won. Timmy wasn’t treated real well. I’d say it was Elway’s jealousy that ran Tim out. Karma-seen what Elway has done to the Broncos organization??
    Tebow was much more popular than Elway and that wasn’t gonna last long.

• Agree x 8
    • Best Post Ever x 2
    • Disagree x 1
    • Funny x 1
    • Winner x 1
  5. Gatuar

Gatuar GC Hall of Fame

Oct 9, 2008
    Ponte Vedra Beach
    Sean Payton actually approached Tebow about the role (that Taysom is playing )but Tebow still had aspirations of being a starter and said no

Tebow could’ve started QB for Jags but chose the Jets

He broke his string of poor decisions recently by proposing to Miss Universe:)

• Agree Agree x 4
  6. cocodrilo

cocodrilo GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    Tebow was given a chance with New England and bombed. The one play I remember was a simple swing pass that he threw into the dirt with no pressure (except to complete the pass).

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  7. coach

coach GC Hall of Fame

Dec 5, 2008
    Boca Raton
    Tebow was bad in New England. But was a better QB in Philly than he was in Denver. Should have made that team. But apparently Kelly was using him merely as a distraction.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
  8. hogtowngator

hogtowngator VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Great point my Fin brother.

9. 96Gatorcise

Aug 6, 2008
    Tampa
    No worries man. We all have our opinions. I just don't view mine through thick O and B glasses. Love TT as a college player and playing for our Gators, as an NFL guy he was middle of pack. He could have gotten more years if he was more open to a position change. The NFL wasn't ready for his style of play. If he came out today he would have a better chance of being a QB.

• Agree Agree x 4
  10. orangeblue_coop

orangeblue_coop GC Legend

Nov 19, 2016
    Elway being “jealous” of Tebow makes zero sense considering after getting rid of Tim he heavily recruited and eventually signed Peyton Manning, who was a much more popular QB than Tebow and an all-time great in his own right.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
  11. gator0711

gator0711 Freshman

Dec 26, 2009
    He did have 17 passing TD’s in his career in addition to the 12 rushing touchdowns.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  12. 96Gatorcise

Aug 6, 2008
    Tampa
    My bad.

13. defensewinschampionships

defensewinschampionships GC Hall of Fame

Sep 16, 2018
    Tim made his choices and it seems to have turned out just fine

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. 4everaGator

4everaGator GC Hall of Fame

Aug 3, 2010
    Central Florida
    For Tim playing in the NFL was never about being the best QB, it was about exemplifying what it means to serve Christ. For him Football is a platform to deliver a message to those who would listen. He fulfilled and continues to fulfill that mission better than most people I know.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  15. justinwitt07

justinwitt07 GC Legend

Dec 7, 2018
    Atlanta , GA
    I think jealous is a stretch. Elway is a god in that town, even Tebow didn’t and wouldn’t have challenged that

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  16. rpmGator

rpmGator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 10, 2007
    Bobby Douglas Qbd for Da Bears for years

Couldn’t hit a bull in the ass with a bass Fiddle passing but would run over you

Tebow had his own skill set a winning record in the NFL and a playoff win over the Steelers on a pass

Teams that suck too scared to attempt success is the only reason Tim didn’t get another chance while known losers get multiple chances

Tim has been a winner through it all

Still Winning

• Winner Winner x 1
  17. tegator80

tegator80 GC Hall of Fame

May 29, 2007
    Richmond, VA
    Ah the Tebow and the NFL thread! It has been so long ago! Welcome back!!!

I still believe my take is the correct one and that is Tim could have played in the NFL but that the league has become a pass-happy one and if you don't have a X-box kind of QB you are considered damaged goods. Tim's era is not this one, it was in the 60's and most of the 70's.

And to that end, no HC and AD was going to put their nice sized paycheck on the line to prove the pundits wrong. Where I think Tim lost his last chance was Kaepernick. When he went to the Superbowl he played like Tim played (well, close enough) and if he had won the NFL would begin to look for Kap clones. Just like today and the Cardinals signing Kingsbury to be their HC because young coaches who embrace the X-box game are a hot item.

Tim wasn't damaged goods, just born about 30-40 years too late.

• Informative Informative x 1
  18. Gatorhead

Gatorhead GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Philadelphia
    At the end of the day I could see Tim being a pastor, or megachurch
    leader. If that should happen I would be OK with that. I would much rather put my pennies in with Tim, whom I believe is sincere than some who pretend to be.

19. charliecasey

charliecasey Sophomore

Feb 8, 2017
    I’m glad this thread came about. Think I’ll head to the head for AM Hoge (Merril that is).

• Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
  20. orangeblue_coop

orangeblue_coop GC Legend

Nov 19, 2016
    Kaepernick actually performed well in that Super Bowl. Had 300 yards passing and 1 TD, ran for 60 yards and another TD. If teams were looking at that performance to gauge whether or not sign Tim, then it should've helped him out.

I agree that this simply was not the NFL era for him to succeed in.

• Agree Agree x 1