Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Tate Martell in the transfer portal

Discussion in 'RayGator's Swamp Gas' started by Diesel350z, Jan 10, 2019.

1. justinwitt07

justinwitt07 GC Hall of Fame

Dec 7, 2018
    Atlanta , GA
    I
    its probably a safe bet that Fromm was the better option so I don’t know if I’d go as far as wasted but I’m sure Mr vacuum misled him so it’s not surprising fields is leaving. Never understood fields uga choice outside of getting a new g ride. He doesn’t seem to fit what they do offensively. They may run a few rpo’s but a root they seem to be a true one back set straight hand off /shots down field offense.

• Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
  2. rpmGator

rpmGator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 10, 2007
    Uga still wants to play like Dooley and hand off with play action passing

When the star is at Qb you might want the ball in his hands and just out score opponents

3. nawlinsgator

nawlinsgator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 11, 2007
    Let’s not exaggerate. Fields played in enough games to burn his redshirt. He also threw some passes in those games.
    It IS his fault for coming in and thinking he can beat out Fromm, and tucking his tail and running when he couldn’t. And then using the race card to try to get eligible right away instead of waiting a year like everyone else.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
  4. CHFG8R

CHFG8R GC Hall of Fame

Apr 24, 2007
    St. Augustine, FL
    If the kid went to UGA with the expectation of starting ahead of Fromm (who is just better, more experienced, knows the offense and has been a "gamer" since he was 11-12yo) then, yes, it is his fault. The failing of absurd expectations.

But. . but (insert name of recruiting service) says he was the best player in the nation.

Who cares? Anyone with a brain could see he had no chance of winning that job. And now he pulls these kinds of stunts? Even a blind squirrel can see whose "fault" this is.

5. CHFG8R

CHFG8R GC Hall of Fame

Apr 24, 2007
    St. Augustine, FL
    Sad that some find it appropriate to play the race card for such trite and cynical purposes. Really sad actually.

• Winner Winner x 1
  6. I personally find field's allegations hypocritical and self-serving.

It is WELL PAST TIME to call it what it is... he is playing the Race Card in order to strongarm his way to a starting QB job somewhere.

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Winner Winner x 3
  7. Skink

Skink GC Hall of Fame

Grier and his tool of a dad immediately popped into my mind

Last edited: Jan 12, 2019
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  8. orangeblue_coop

orangeblue_coop GC Hall of Fame

Nov 19, 2016
    Martell transferring to Miami.

9. It's endemic. My daughter, in her senior year at UF, did some modeling for a sportswear manufacturer. I told her, during my "WTH!" moment after running across a stack of her photo shoots in plan freakin' sight, "Daddies shouldn't be ambushed by this type of thing, and don't let the money derail you". While it was a bit more than she'd make entry level after earning her degree, it's not the kind of world to live one's life in. Imagine my relief when she said (I paraphrase), "I'm not going to fool myself. Any girl who's fit, shows enough skin, and wears enough makeup can get a ton of attention, but then, your identity becomes skin and makeup".

So true.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  10. lwg8tr

lwg8tr GC Legend

Kid sucks..nuff said

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Claygator

Claygator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 11, 2007
    Yes, I do believe that possibility existed. And I could care less about high school star ratings.

12. 62gator

62gator GC Hall of Fame

Dec 4, 2007
    Fort Lauderdale, FL
  13. gatorpower

gatorpower GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    I'm confused what you mean here. Would it be possible to attach some pictures of your discovery to give us a better idea the nature of these photos? Please and thank you

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  14. wulimaster

wulimaster All American

Apr 8, 2007
    St Augustine
    I haven't been paying attention for a while. Is a transfer portal new technology I should be excited about?

15. LLCoolJ94

LLCoolJ94 GC Hall of Fame

This thread got weird real quick

• Agree Agree x 2
  16. Gatorrick22

Gatorrick22 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Nah... portal is way funnier. Especially when you customized the phrase for places like Miami and their 'portal potty' that they use. Or 'peasant potty like another poster created for them.

17. dadx4

dadx4 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Gainesville, Fl
    Why don't you have a seat over here...

chris hansen - Bing images

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  18. Claygator

Claygator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 11, 2007
    If the NCAA approves a waiver for Martell, they may as well just do away with the rule requiring players to sit out for one year.

• Agree Agree x 2
  19. Gator715

Gator715 GC Hall of Fame

Dec 6, 2015
    There's exceptions to every rule...

But my understanding is that Fields has more imposing physical attributes than Martell... And is more intelligent than Martell based on his Ivy League offers...

Nothing's ever a guarantee... but what did you see that suggests you'd prefer Martell to Fields?

20. Gator715

Gator715 GC Hall of Fame

Dec 6, 2015
    I agree that Fields wouldn't hesitate to throw the university and the football program under the bus to get ahead if he committed here, but wanted to transfer... Which is something I don't like...

That said, Fields could be another generational talent... like a Tebow or Newton... time will tell... I think he couldn't get an opportunity at UGA because Fromm kept winning games... He was simply too impressive that there's nothing that Fields could do to win him the job... Fromm just laid an egg against LSU...

I understand why he's claiming the racism thing... but there's two sides to every coin... I understand he's doing it for eligibility... but if the implication is that UGA perpetuates a "racially divisive environment," I wouldn't say that's fair to UGA, either...