Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Tampa was right

Discussion in 'Nuttin' but Net' started by twodaparty, Nov 24, 2019.

1. twodaparty

twodaparty GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Glover is a straight up baller!!!!!!! Not sure we win that game without a couple of big time plays he made.

• Agree Agree x 9
    • Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  2. bike1014

bike1014 GC Legend

Jan 9, 2010
    Tampa called it all summer

And White gave him the minutes that he earned; kept him in the game

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  3. cincinnatigator

cincinnatigator GC Hall of Fame

Mar 5, 2017
    [​IMG]

• Funny x 8
    • Like x 4
    • Friendly x 2
    • Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
    • Winner x 1
  4. HallGator

HallGator Senile Mod Moderator VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Outer Limits
    The best thing is it's a great thing to be wrong about.

• Like Like x 1
  5. cincinnatigator

cincinnatigator GC Hall of Fame

Mar 5, 2017
    Nembhard played unreal the first half but tended to revert back to his old bad habits in the 2nd half. Glover came in and made some excellent offensive decisions. His play really won us the game. Was it premature to assume he couldn't play this season, yes. Very premature.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Friendly Friendly x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  6. HallGator

Apr 3, 2007
    Outer Limits
    And even better we should have him for 4 years

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Winner Winner x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
  7. filamg8torfan

filamg8torfan GC Legend

Mar 17, 2019
    I think CMW slows him down. That kid plays fast and fearless which I like.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  8. HallGator

Apr 3, 2007
    Outer Limits
    I am not going to get down on An but he seems to get lackadaisical with the ball at times and it could cost us big time in a tight game.

9. SJB612

SJB612 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 12, 2007
    The second coming of Erving Walker, even a little quicker. Can get his shot off despite his height limitations. He's going to be a great 4-year player for us.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  10. the_alphagator1906

the_alphagator1906 All American

Nov 26, 2013
    Glover is going to be a stud for us moving forward. I can see him becoming like Cheese. He is so quick and fast.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 1
  11. filamg8torfan

filamg8torfan GC Legend

Mar 17, 2019
    He does. It seems like he gets nervous. Great players want the ball in their hands in critical situations. In AN's case, he doesn't even touch the ball.

• Wish I would have said that Wish I would have said that x 1
  12. SeabudGator

SeabudGator GC Legend

Apr 23, 2014
    I think AN's issues at the end of the game are just a reflection of his overall issue of playing against an extended defense. He can't break guys down off the dribble and is hesitant to shoot over the top if guarded. When the pace is frantic (end of game) the DDO and his physical limitations (quickness) cause us issues. Hope one of the freshman can work into that role of initiating offense against extended defenses (or maybe have KJ run that role)?

• Like Like x 1
  13. Matherly87

Matherly87 GC Hall of Fame

Oct 3, 2016
    Ocala, FL
    Giving credit to you Tampa you had this one long ago. I never even gave him a look with all the other talent. I figured he was an extra contributor when needed. He is more than that. If he can control his turnovers and not make senseless mistakes he is going to be a bigger factor as the season goes. I still think Tre Mann will play more at various positions but Glover is the spark we are going to need from time to time.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  14. ThunderGator

ThunderGator Freshman

May 15, 2014
    QG was everything I hoped he would be in this game. Congrats to that young man. A lot of fun to watch tonight. I needed this weekend. The previous few games were so painful I found myself regretting the 14 hour round-trip to Gainesville. It’s nice to see the team start to gel.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. akaGatorhoops

akaGatorhoops VIP Member GC Columnist

Apr 10, 2007
    I was tipped to how good he was sometime during early summer.

On another note, I was told today that Tre Mann has been absolutely dominating practices, and it won’t be long before he breaks out in a game. Then, watch out!

• Like Like x 12
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • Wish I would have said that Wish I would have said that x 1
  16. regurgigator

regurgigator VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Seattle area

But, wasn't AN taking too many shots late in the game a couple of games ago? :confused: This really is getting reminiscent of the Calathes criticism who was alternately criticized for trying to do much and then for not carrying the team enough.

This is the type of game I was hoping to see from AN since the season started. He was a big reason we got out to the big lead. And, the wheels really started to come off near the 10-minute mark when AN was out for a couple of possessions and Glover was the only PG in while we were trying to beat their press. White got AN back on the court quickly! He and Blackshear ended up being the main press breakers for us over the last few minutes. But, all our guys (except maybe Blackshear) need to learn how to pass the ball quickly against a trapping press. I was pulling my hair out watching our players watch the double teams come get them.

Once we made it into the half court, Glover made a couple of big baskets in the late going to help keep Xavier at bay. Kudos to him! :cool:

Way too many dumb possessions for us in the late going (and I was swearing profusely, including over that Nembhard pass coming up the right side near midcourt that was stolen), but that was a team effort.

Last edited: Nov 26, 2019
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  17. bullish

bullish GC Hall of Fame

Nov 14, 2010
    Tre seemed overwhelmed last night, I know there is a ton of talent in his body, he needs to let it go.
    For him to turn pro, he needs to get more physical, the NBA guards, even if small, are usually very strong, Steph for the Warriors is one who is slight of build. Tre has a small frame also, he is just going to have to trust his body and let his athleticism take over, just like Glover. Two deadly guards when they turn it on. for Glover, when his team won the Tennessee HS championship game, his stats were unbelievable. James Wiseman, the number one HS player of the year in the nation, was on the team, Glover’s team beat. When I saw this in the local papers, I knew we had stolen a good one! To finish under the basket against a fast, skilled 7’, this was proof to me he was what we needed against the Auburn’s of college basketball.
    When posters on NBN said he wouldn’t play much, I just laughed to myself, they, like the opposing teams that play us, are going to say, “Good God” Florida has a good one there!

• Like Like x 7
    • Informative Informative x 1
  18. dontpanic

dontpanic VIP Member

Oct 28, 2019
    Temple Terrace
    There can be little question that Mann has a huge upside, and usually it takes even the best true frosh a while get get things together.

With 4 completely different and good guards, this team is gonna be really dangerous.

19. Jayhovah

Jayhovah GC Hall of Fame

May 15, 2007
    I had similar visions! He's like a shorter Roberson with Chiozza's speed.

• Creative Creative x 1
  20. manigordo

manigordo GC Hall of Fame

Good on you, Sir!!!
    Your other post was fine as well. Respect.

Last edited: Nov 26, 2019
    • Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1