Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Talk about your kids here!

Discussion in 'Awesome Recruiting' started by CalGator, Jan 14, 2019 at 9:18 AM.

1. CalGator

CalGator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 11, 2007
    Feel free to have conversations about whatever your heart desires on this thread.

Maybe those of us who come on here to talk Gator sports can now do so on the other threads. I’m REALLY tired of logging in to get recruiting updates and all of the new posts are people chatting about their kids or some other BS.

• Winner x 11
    • Funny x 5
    • Come On Man x 4
    • Like x 3
    • Best Post Ever x 2
    • Off-topic x 2
    • Agree x 1
    • Friendly x 1
    • Wish I would have said that x 1
  2. 1975Gator

1975Gator Senior

Jan 5, 2012
    This post deserves a like, agree, winner, best post ever, wish I had said that, but I could only give it one.

• Agree x 2
    • Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
    • Informative x 1
    • Optimistic x 1
    • Wish I would have said that x 1
  3. bobbybaker86

bobbybaker86 All American

Sep 4, 2017
    Man couldn't have said it better because I come into this section and see a thread upped and thinking it's going to be a recruiting update only to see it's a post that's unrelated to the OP.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Off-topic Off-topic x 1
  4. GATORnGA

GATORnGA Senior

Dec 5, 2007
    Gray, GA
    I think we should hijack this thread and start talking primarily about recruiting.

That being said, does anybody have any updates or insider information on recruiting?

;)

• Funny Funny x 12
    • Winner Winner x 2
  5. fox

fox GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Florida Beachland
    I think Elam is all GATOR. Not sure about anyone else but pretty sure we'll finish in excellent shape!

6. 4RoswellGators

4RoswellGators Sophomore

Apr 3, 2007
    Kids suck! Lets talk about 18 year old boys.
    Doesnt every thread get hijacked with random thoughts?

I wish there was a thread where only Candy or Nortorious could post without 50 people chiming in with their opinions.

• Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  7. g8rboy

g8rboy GC Hall of Fame

Apr 10, 2007
    Spring Hill, FL
    I got a 12 year old. Big frame, he's is gonna be huge. Just can't get him excited about playing. If I could just get him some attitude, he'd be perfect for the O Line.

• Like Like x 1
  8. GameTime1

GameTime1 GC Legend

Jul 27, 2015
    Any chance we could move this thread to the Pub? It might do well there.

• Winner Winner x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  9. GatorMatt06

GatorMatt06 All American

Oct 4, 2008
    Atlanta, GA
    You know UGA really is a great school and Alabama has a phenomenal campus. Here let me find the enrollment link...

I’m a Gator fan I swear!!

• Funny Funny x 1
  10. rpmGator

rpmGator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 10, 2007
    Just click on everyone to ignore but those two and you have your way

Do it yourself and don’t try to take us with you

• Like Like x 1
  11. DieAGator

DieAGator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    People should stop whining. This board is for news but it's a free board and frankly there is not that much news. If only that which was immediately relevant to a recruit is reported and discussed this forum would be dead and practically worthless. You are free to sift through posts, or not, or pay for premium content where you would then discover that even those boards discuss things other than subjects immediately relevant to that recruiting cycle.

OP, are you in California?

Last edited: Jan 14, 2019 at 11:58 AM
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  12. StrangeGator

StrangeGator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Chicago
    Those recruits are somebody's kids and they're doing exactly what many of our own young adult kids are doing, figuring out their future, sharing their plans on social media, changing their minds the next day, trying to make their parents happy, then trying to drive them crazy.

Recruits parents might actually have it easier since they have to narrow their finalists to five. We visited 12 campuses in one year, three with my son and nine with my daughter. She went nuts with the common app and applied to 19 schools. Imagine what it would be like to follow recruiting if prospects could expand their official visit lists to nine or ten.

• Like Like x 1
  13. CalGator

CalGator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 11, 2007
    Roflmao!!!! LITERALLY almost spit up my coffee when I read this?!??!??

BTW, I have an AMAZING 2 year old who is the center of my universe, who I talk about incessantly in my real life and our pediatrician just told us that he’s way advanced for a 2 year old boy! And while he’ll probably go to a school on the west coast (where we live now) you best believe he’ll be raised a GATOR!

• Like Like x 2
  14. StrangeGator

Apr 3, 2007
    Chicago
    Unless Candy is posting, there are no real recruiting updates. Until NSD, we might as well call this forum "Awesome Speculation and Rumors." We've been reading about these kids for almost a year. It's kind of nice to know about some of our own kids. If not, have fun watching paint dry.

• Like Like x 1
    • Best Post Ever Best Post Ever x 1
  15. StrangeGator

Apr 3, 2007
    Chicago
    Of course he'll be a Gator. Lived in Tampa when my twins were toddler to pre-school age. Took them to games all the time. All their bedtime stories involved Albert, Alberta and Danny Wuerffel. We moved back to the midwest when they were four took some Gator country with us. Had a parent teacher conference with my daughter's third grade teacher while they were learning about the 50 states. "Your daughter was able to spell all the states but got a little stuck on Florida but then spelled it perfectly while singing this strange melody."

Neither went to UF but at 25 they're just as loyal to the Gators as they were when they were two.

• Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 2
  16. StrangeGator

Apr 3, 2007
    Chicago
    Probably not.

17. 4RoswellGators

4RoswellGators Sophomore

Apr 3, 2007
    Oh GatorMatt0
    You took the words right out of my mouth.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Best Post Ever Best Post Ever x 1
  18. Gatorhead

Gatorhead GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Philadelphia
    OK,

My son is 15, 6-3 280, 4.28 speed ………...benches 660

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  19. CalGator

CalGator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 11, 2007
    Also, even if we weren’t on the west coast, if my boy got accepted to UF and Stanford the only thing that would make the decision tough would be figuring out how we’d pay for Stanford. Lol

I was super excited for the family of the kid who signed with Stanford over UF (although the selfish fan in me REALLY wanted him to sign with the GATORS). Now I’m sure THIS statement is gonna get me in trouble....

20. manigordo

manigordo GC Hall of Fame

I was guilty of posting, "Good for her," when someone posted about his daughter talking about going to Europe. Likely the only time I received an "off topic." For that transgression, I strongly apologize. I appreciate that someone thought it was that significant to take the time to let me know that I had offended the board. Again, please forgive my insubordination.

• Funny Funny x 6
    • Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1