Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

(TAF)After a Decade of Sustained Success, the Gators' Dynasty continues to be underestimated

Discussion in 'RayGator's Swamp Gas' started by gatorjjh, Mar 14, 2019.

1. gatorjjh

gatorjjh A Gator with a Glass half full attitude Moderator VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Irvine, Fl
    Why The Tone of Surprise?
    After a Decade of Sustained Success, the Gators' Dynasty continues to be underestimated, And they keep Collecting Titles.
    UF Sports
    Dynasties are hard to root for. Competitors and rival fanbases, are envious of their seemingly never-ending success. Even setting allegiances aside, they are flat out boring. Who wants a predictable outcome from a world of infinite possibilities?

A dynasty is like a monster truck barreling down city streets, flattening underdogs, demolishing Cinderella stories, eradicating the element of surprise. Cheering such dominance is like rooting for Darth Vader, or Voldemort. Villains are supposed to be worthy adversaries, not the ultimate victors. Seeing them actually win (and win repeatedly) would be soul crushing.

When you are the dynasty, though, it is hard to understand how anyone picks against sustained greatness. It is baffling, almost frustrating, how the slightest speed bump is a sign of impending demise in the eyes of prognosticators and those wishing to upend the establishment.

That is all Florida head coach Mike Holloway heard this season, and the chatter amplified ahead of last weekend’s NCAA Indoor Championships.

• Like Like x 3
    • Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
  2. eastowest

eastowest GC Hall of Fame

May 13, 2007

3. tigator2019

tigator2019 All American

Dec 25, 2018
    In my head--- UF
    These students toil in anonymity most of the time. They represent my beloved university wearing orange and blue. They get up early train on our campus do the gator chomp And make the University and me proud.

• Like Like x 2
  4. gatorbite00

gatorbite00 Sophomore

Feb 2, 2019
    Port Orange
    We are the #GatorNation... Come on board...Or get run Over...

• Like Like x 1
  5. I like the sound of this:

"This was not just a title defense. It was a bludgeoning. Holloway may have swung a sledgehammer in comparison to his teammates, smashing his way to 27.5 points (the second-highest total in history), but practically everyone in a Gators uniform took a turn clobbering the one-man-team narrative."

Yeah, baby.

Yeah.