Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

T & T

Discussion in 'RayGator's Swamp Gas' started by unclerob, Feb 17, 2021.

1. paidinfull

paidinfull GC Legend

Feb 22, 2017
    Pretty sure our bowl game was meaningless to ohio state. Doesn't appear you even know who we played, so must not have been that meaningful to you either.

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. zman-1

zman-1 Junior

Mar 5, 2017
    West of the equator
    As far as playing in a "meaningless" bowl game, as some have proclaimed, how far does Trask slip in the draft following his abysmal showing in that game? I can't believe NFL scouts would forget his entire body of work from the season.

3. willgetin

willgetin Freshman

May 1, 2007
    Oh snap. Thanks for calling that out! I had just had a conversation with my son-in-law who is an avid Buckeye fan (he lives in Columbus) and we were talking about meaningless games... Dang it.

4. Chompsuey

Chompsuey Senior

Oct 17, 2011
    If the bowl game was so meaningful why did Mullen let the team have off for a week prior and only practice 3 times with 80% of Trasks offense opting out? I spent a good amount of money attending and I wasn't upset in the least they all opt out.

5. Chompsuey

Chompsuey Senior

Oct 17, 2011
    When they allowed 6-6 teams get a bowl invite

• Like Like x 1
  6. GameTime1

GameTime1 GC Hall of Fame

Jul 27, 2015
    It's a tough one. We're the 2 previous NY6 meaningless? Or are they just meaningless when we don't want to play?
    I think we had 0 key optouts, but I think we had a few, including Campbell who opted out of half the year.
    Restrictions and struggles were placed on all society. Most just had real jobs to deal with, not the opportunity to play big time college football.
    As for opting out of the bowl game, I get it for a definite 1st round pick like pitts. For the other guys? I think its more a sign of not fully buying in to the team. But it's a good debate.

7. nawlinsgator

nawlinsgator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 11, 2007
    So what? We play Vandy every year and they are barely over .500 on a good year.

8. nawlinsgator

Apr 11, 2007
    Because Mullen was wrong to do that. He’s not sure infallible.

9. justinwitt07

justinwitt07 GC Hall of Fame

Dec 7, 2018
    Atlanta , GA
    It was astonishing how much that kid improved. I think he’s got the requisite dog in him to thrive in the league. Good for that kid for real

• Like Like x 1
  10. g8orbill

g8orbill Old Gator Moderator VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Clermont, Fl
    am not a fan of the opt out and was not happy with the "play this like a spring game" Mullen put out there a couple of days prior to the game

• Agree Agree x 2
  11. Chompsuey

Chompsuey Senior

Oct 17, 2011
    They are on the schedule. They aren't being rewarded for being mediocre. You don't see opt outs for the playoff teams. Wonder why that is?

12. Killer_Rabbits

Killer_Rabbits GC Legend

May 28, 2007
    The overuse of ‘meaningless’ to describe bowl games is inconceivable.

• Agree Agree x 2
  13. 183gator

183gator Junior

Nov 17, 2010
    Easy to say when you're not the one risking million$$$

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. nawlinsgator

Apr 11, 2007
    Once a bowl is scheduled, it’s ON THE SCHEDULE.

• Winner Winner x 1
  15. Wanne15

Wanne15 GC Hall of Fame

Jan 18, 2015
    So you enjoyed the product we put on the field. I wouldn’t pay for that personally. I’m not against them sitting but I’m not paying too billing money for half a team.

16. Chompsuey

Chompsuey Senior

Oct 17, 2011
    The end result nor the OU mouthing was enjoyable. Seeing Trask go out like that sucked. But if the opportunity presents itself and I'm financially able then yes I'll fully support the team. Even the scout team. We got an up and close look at the future players.

17. willgetin

willgetin Freshman

May 1, 2007
    Um, easy answer. Because he knew they weren't going to win with the opt outs. So let the kids have a good time so they have something to remember OTHER than just getting their a#$%%^ kicked. In addition, that being the case, at that time, there is a chance there is going to be no spring practice. So lets have one. Mullen has a winners mentality. No way he blows a bowl game off if he thinks he can win. He's not Muschamp, McElwain, etc.

Easy to say if it is. Some people put others before themselves. That is the whole societal scene now. Me first. Me first. You know KT thought about what people would say. His reply to that thought? He didn't care, he wanted to get his money. In life, you get to make choices. The consequences are predetermined by the choice. He (and the the other opts) chose the consequence of not getting hurt in the game and the consequence of *some* people not liking it.

• Like Like x 1
  18. 183gator

183gator Junior

Nov 17, 2010
    Shame on him for not wanted to risk injury to his body and wanting to get paid.
    What a horrible person. Your right, he should be worried about what your thinking about him sitting in the stands while you eat a hot dog and drink a beer.

• Creative Creative x 1
  19. gatordee

gatordee GC Hall of Fame

Oct 17, 2007
    orlando
    That was an accident. I fixed it. I can't remember the last time I rated a dislike

• Like Like x 1
  20. BJ1888

BJ1888 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 14, 2007
    If the ball is way off-target, it wouldn't be credited as a drop, even if the receiver didn't bring it in. Drops are "incomplete passes where the receiver should have caught the pass with ordinary effort." The total number of targets will be higher than the number of actually catchable balls. The stat would mean that Toney caught all of the passes he's expected to catch, not that he caught every ball Kyle threw to him.