Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

(SB) Superregionals & WCWS 2021 Softball Discussion

Discussion in 'Diamond Gators' started by GatorGrowl, May 24, 2021.

1. alysb21

alysb21 All American

Jan 8, 2019
    We didn’t have a need at catcher to go after a Shipman or Ellsworth. Ellsworth maybe if she was willing to DP or play first. Bama did and they also had 7 seniors so I’m sure money was freed up. OU really hasn’t got often any big name transfer other than Alyssa Brito who will have to work to crack the lineup unless I’m mistaken. Maybe I’m optimistic, but I don’t really see the need for a transfer this year with our lineup looking like this:
    1. Wallace - SS
    2. Adams -2b
    3. Echols - 3B
    4. Cottrill - C/Dp
    5. Wilkie - Dp/C
    6. A. Goelz - 1b
    7. Goddard - RF
    8. Falby - lf
    9. Lindsey - cf

If Goddard can’t produce I think Avery goes to rf and Wilkie or a freshmen plays 1st. Or Kistler comes in to rf. Only other kind of out there thought I have is that one of the incoming freshmen, I think Walsh, is supposed to be a really good defensive ss. If her bat can produce I could see her starting at ss and Wallace going to 1st. I think there is definitely more flexibility for next year though. And I think our pitching is pretty solid considering how well they performed this year when they had never been relied on before. And with addition of Delbrey. Also Trilicek and Pittman should improve. Trilicek especially should have incentive to improve considering apparently she didn’t this past offseason and saw less playing time as a result. Also, one big improvement i see in this lineup is speed.

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 2
  2. ocalaman

ocalaman GC Legend

Jun 30, 2018
    Good analysis. I expect Trlicek to make a huge leap to help the pitching staff. Hightower made the leap last year, but now needs to develop a better change-up and not rely so much on her screwball. Lugo is steady, but is who she is. It will be interesting to see if Delbrey can work her way into the regular pitching rotation and if Pittman can improve enough to get more PT. Falby & Goddard are the interesting projected starters to me. Goddard was playing great during the COVID year, but just couldn't hit a lick this past season. Seemed to be looking to get hit or for a walk most of the time and struck out a ton in limited appearances. Reagan Walsh comes in a very highly touted recruit, but she's been an infielder and I don't see her cracking the starting lineup unless she can make the switch to OF. If so, she could win the LF or RF slot.

• Like Like x 2
  3. alysb21

alysb21 All American

Jan 8, 2019
    Pitching wise I agree with you. Hightower looked good with the change up at times so if she can really get that down I think she can carry a load for us again. Lugo has good movement, it just happens that when she misses it’s unfortunately over the plate. If she can work on that I think she could be even better. Trilicek is the key to me as far as development. Pittman we didn’t see much, but she showed potential imo, especially being a lefty. I’m hoping Delbrey has a Barnhill or Trilicek freshman year where she can pick up a chunk of innings even if it’s only once or two or twice through the lineup.
    Hitting wise I agree with you also. If Goddard can put it all together I think she could be special with her power and she has sneaky speed. I’m rooting for her, but I think she will have a short leash for the younger players behind her that can produce. Falby is one I really hope can come in right away as she’s good defensively and speedy. LF will be here if she can produce imo. If not I’m thinking Kistler gets a shot or as you said maybe Walsh. Before Walsh goes OF though I'm thinking she could crack the infield at SS, moving Wallace to 1b or Walsh playing 1b if her bat is producing. That’s assuming she is as good as advertised and it translates as a freshmen. I don’t know why I just have this feeling that next year’s team could be exciting and contend for a title.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. notexgator

notexgator VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Can we post our hitting coach and recruiting coordinator in the portal? Apparently Tim is going to sink with his bestest buddy Aric at this position.

• Disagree Bacon! Disagree Bacon! x 4
  5. apkgator

apkgator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Well the upcoming recruiting is off the charts, 2 or 3 of the top 5 in each of next 3 classes.
    And im pretty sure nobody thinks Tim is "sinking "

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Winner Winner x 1
  6. johnny_cakes

johnny_cakes All American

Apr 2, 2017
    KSP Stadium
    I'm still saddened by Farley. I had her pegged as the next Ocasio, since Farley could hit and play other positions (at least in HS). I'm still surprised she wasn't able to make the leap. Bottom line -- I guess I was wrong. Wish her well though.

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. GatorLegend

GatorLegend VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    And her most important achievement was becoming Kyle Trasks girlfriend!

• Funny Funny x 1
  8. GatorLegend

GatorLegend VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    We do seem like we try really hard for hit by pitches and base on balls! But seriously, after you got past our top four or five hitters in the lineup, the drop off was substantial. With that in mind I just don’t think we could keep a good hitter on the bench to bring in at a crucial time, they would need to be in the lineup. As “APK” has stated, if Skylar Wallace had been eligible she would have been one of our best 3 or 4 hitters and lengthen the lineup. Hopefully we can add another couple productive hitters to the lineup this season.

• Like Like x 1