Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

(SB) Superregionals & WCWS 2021 Softball Discussion

Discussion in 'Diamond Gators' started by GatorGrowl, May 24, 2021.

1. Bazza

Bazza GC Hall of Fame

Jan 2, 2009
    New Smyrna Beach
    Sooners playing dirty. Second obstruction call at home. Ironically - they could have gotten the out had they not been called for obstruction.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  2. Bazza

Bazza GC Hall of Fame

Jan 2, 2009
    New Smyrna Beach
    You can't block the path of the runner until the ball is in your hand.

• Informative Informative x 1
  3. number1

number1 Premium Member

Oct 9, 2011
    That was very close to obstruction. Wonder why she didn't just go straight to home plate and at least make the umpire think about it?

4. Bazza

Bazza GC Hall of Fame

Jan 2, 2009
    New Smyrna Beach
    Sooner runner was afraid of getting hurt when she came home!

Great defensive play by FSU.

Good game!

Sooners got to win two in a row now against a very scrappy opponent!

[​IMG]

5. MCB51

MCB51 GC Hall of Fame

Nov 23, 2015
    FL
    Well Go Sooners....hope they win the next 2

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  6. gatornharlem

gatornharlem Sophomore

Dec 16, 2018
    New York City
    I cannot explain it but I am rooting for fsu. And I have never rooted for them ever regardless of who their opponent has been. But my animosity for Oklahoma runs deep. Their gymnastics team has been lately the thorn for the Gators (like Stanford has been for Gator women's tennis). And scoring 198+ with routines that consistently have a lower level of difficulty compared to Florida's.... It really irks me the way some of Oklahoma's batters take so much time between pitches- especially their catcher! And how the team comes out from the dugout to lead cheers. Once in a while I could deal with. But it seems like they do this every time there's a break in the action. But despite all this, I would still think I'd root for fsu to lose I have 2 siblings who went to fsu, uncles, aunts, cousins...it's a huge rivalry in my family. 2 of my uncles who have passed, are buried next to each other.. 1 has a fsu seminole on his tombstone, and the other has a Gator. "They will be duking it out every Gators vs Seminoles game for eternity" is the family joke. But yet I find myself pulling for fsu. What's wrong with me??

• Funny Funny x 1
  7. gatorinmi

gatorinmi GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    Same here but the OU coach is impossible to root for. Actually found myself rooting for fsu. I'll hand in my Gator card now.

• Funny Funny x 2
  8. hoyt233

hoyt233 GC Hall of Fame

Aug 31, 2009
    Prattvile, AL-Go Lions!
    Sounds like a job for Van Helsing

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. gatornharlem

gatornharlem Sophomore

Dec 16, 2018
    New York City
    LOL! Yep!!

10. joebrown352

joebrown352 Sophomore

Jan 19, 2012
    If it was possible for both of these teams to lose, that’s what I would root for. But I am pulling for FSU. Was a good game tonight featuring 2 well coached and talented teams.

11. gatornharlem

gatornharlem Sophomore

Dec 16, 2018
    New York City
    Looks like I'm not alone in the struggle to choose which team to hate more. Or there are other members of Gator Nation besides me struggling to understand why we are not rooting for fsu to lose? I understand this could lead to suspension or even expulsion of my membership to Gator Nation if this behavior is not eradicated.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Bazza

Bazza GC Hall of Fame

Jan 2, 2009
    New Smyrna Beach
    There's nothing wrong with pulling for FSU to win this championship.

Florida had their chances and they lost.

Now it's between two other teams.

If you're interested enough to continue watching - why not have an interest in who wins or not? It's common sense - and even more so - that's how it's supposed to be, if you're really a sports fan.

Further......as mentioned earlier.....Oklahoma is a dirty ball club. Last night they attempted to obstruct home plate TWO different times! The second time they did it - the FSU base runner got hurt while just trying to do her job by getting to home plate. Then later on when the Sooner base runner did the same - the FSU catcher did not obstruct - but the Sooner base runner was too scared to even come in directly - she tried to back door it - and failed miserably!

How anyone can pull for Oklahoma is beyond me.

Lastly - this FSU team has pluck! I LOVE how aggressive they are in their approach to the game. I mean - no matter what school they represent - you have to appreciate that part of it, as well. Fun to watch!

Now I don't know if I want it to end tonight with another win - or go to a third game and they still win (but we get a third game to enjoy :))

Don't let our rivalry with the Noles keep you from enjoying the games - big picture folks.... :)

• Disagree Bacon! Disagree Bacon! x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. cocodrilo

cocodrilo GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    I hate FSU on the gridiron but I like this Nole softball team. I like the way they play and they're playing against OU's home field advantage. I like Miss Muffley and I've got a crush on Sydney Sherrill, which I guess makes me a dirty old man.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  14. WESGATORS

WESGATORS Moderator VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Guys, don't let TJ see these comments.

Go GATORS!
    ,WESGATORS

• Funny Funny x 1
  15. Bradass

Bradass GC Hall of Fame

Oct 11, 2007
    Who cares how much Oklahoma plays dirty or cheats or whatever, you will never ever ever find me actively rooting for FSU. It's OK to hope the whole field collapses into the earth IMO. Some of yall are sus

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  16. Bazza

Bazza GC Hall of Fame

Jan 2, 2009
    New Smyrna Beach
    Highlights from last night:

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  17. Bazza

Bazza GC Hall of Fame

Jan 2, 2009
    New Smyrna Beach
    [​IMG]

• Dislike Dislike x 3
  18. gator1977

gator1977 All American

Apr 15, 2019
    Hey, this is no doubter-- I am rooting for the scrappy Noles against a not very likable Sooners team that play home games every World Series and are aggresive bordering on flat out dirty.
    Had Walton and crew recruited better since Grajewski and Jen Rocha departed maybe we would be playing in the finals again every few years.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  19. hoyt233

hoyt233 GC Hall of Fame

Aug 31, 2009
    Prattvile, AL-Go Lions!
    See post #317.

20. cocodrilo

cocodrilo GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    Gator1977, I don't know if the "Agree" you gave me on this post means you agree that this is a likable Nole softball team or you agree that I'm a dirty old man. (Or both?)