Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Super Bowl halftime

Discussion in 'GatorNana's Too Hot for Swamp Gas' started by rivergator, Feb 3, 2020.

1. NavyGator93

NavyGator93 GC Hall of Fame

Dec 4, 2015
    Georgia
    I have only been married 24 years, but married late in life. I couldn't see going through the dating game or being with another person if something ever happened to my wife. Maybe that changes, but I can't imagine.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. carpeveritas

carpeveritas GC Legend

Dec 31, 2016
    Beauty is always in the eye of the beholder and I was always attracted to older women my entire life. Crows feet and laugh lines are the order of the day. No need for plastic surgery as every wrinkle tells a story and some of those stories are well worth a listen.

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  3. carpeveritas

carpeveritas GC Legend

Dec 31, 2016
    When you begin to read each others thoughts no one else crosses your mind. You do things for her because you want to and not because she asks. Such relationships take time and effort along with the good and the bad. When you find someone to walk with you versus behind or ahead you're on the right track.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  4. gatorknights

gatorknights GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    Gainesville, FL
    Very well said. I agree. There are hot chicks everywhere, but awesome souls are few and far between. When we find one, we need to heed Don Henley's advice and hang on tooth and nail, the wolf is allways at the door. One day they're here, the next day they're gone. That was an awful night.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. AgingGator

AgingGator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 24, 2007
    That is sort of like comparing Joe Montana’s salary to Aaron Rodgers’.

Let me ask you a question; If you had to buy a $500 ticket to a concert and stay for the entire show would you rather see them or TP.

They are pop stars, Tom is an icon. Tom was also known for not gouging his fans in his concert tickets, records, or CDs. He even had a contract dispute stemming from his refusal to support price increases.

In addition to his concert prices being reasonable, his shows were always great. The last time I saw him in Orlando they played for 2 hours and covered everything. Old songs, newer songs, even some Traveling Wilbury’s.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. rivergator

rivergator Too Hot Mod Moderator

Apr 8, 2007
    probably not the 12-year-olds. And maybe they'll see it soon enough.

7. wgbgator

wgbgator Tiny "Boop Squig" Shorterly Premium Member

I dunno man, music is weird. The height of the record business was between 1970-1999. Album sales are way down, and when bands like the Stones tour, tickets are just as expensive as JLo or whatever pop acts are "big."

8. cpgator

cpgator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    Something to consider...J-Lo and Shakira performed the act but it was fully screened by NFL executives (most likely a bunch of older white guys). The decision to put that show on was made by men who knew what their key demographic wanted. Don't hate the players...hate the game.

BTW - Best quote I've seen on this: "If you enjoyed watching men risk permanent brain damage and broken bodies for a game that entertains you, but JLo and Shakira's clothing choices deeply offend you, there's a good chance that you're the problem. Unpack that yourself. I'm not explaining everything to you."

• Winner Winner x 3
  9. citygator

citygator Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Charlotte
    You said they were untalented and shared 3/8th of a brain. I offer support that your assessment might be flawed. If you had said “older people like Tom petty more than those two” I’d have to agree with that.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. wgbgator

My take is if you aren't going to send your 12 year old boy out of the room because the performance is Too Hot For Children, then you shouldn't freak out about your 12 year old girl seeing it either.

• Winner Winner x 1
  11. carpeveritas

carpeveritas GC Legend

Dec 31, 2016
    Music is the universal language that evokes emotion in your soul. At any rate it appears we have some music buffs on the board so I thought you might be interested in this pod cast. I subscribe to Hit Parade and have enjoyed every bit of music trivia to date.

• Like Like x 2
    • Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
  12. rivergator

rivergator Too Hot Mod Moderator

Apr 8, 2007
    No one is freaking out. We're talking about pop culture and the most watched show of the year.

13. Bazza

Bazza GC Hall of Fame

Jan 2, 2009
    New Smyrna Beach
    [​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 4
  14. gatorpa

gatorpa GC Hall of Fame

Sep 5, 2010
    East Coast of FL
    We may not agree on most politics, but we agree here.

Don't need to see such overt air humping on national TV, regardless of how good they ladies may look.

• Like Like x 2
  15. gatorpa

gatorpa GC Hall of Fame

Sep 5, 2010
    East Coast of FL
    I didn't think anything more of it than the fact it was in Miami and they catered to the locals....

• Agree Agree x 2
  16. DesertGator

DesertGator VIP Member

Apr 10, 2007
    Frisco, TX
    In her defense, the dancers would probably have been more interested in you than in her.

• Funny Funny x 2
  17. wgbgator

We didn't already know pop culture was crude?

[​IMG]

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  18. homer

homer GC Legend

Nov 2, 2015
    That resurrected her career.

She went from Hanna Montana to famous bad girl.

Damn brilliant professional move, endorsed by her father Billy Ray.

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. tegator80

tegator80 GC Hall of Fame

May 29, 2007
    Richmond, VA
    Don't care about middle aged exhibitionists or a bunch of prudes commenting on middle aged exhibitionists?

• Funny Funny x 3
  20. Bazza

Bazza GC Hall of Fame

Jan 2, 2009
    New Smyrna Beach
    Yes.

• Funny Funny x 1