Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!
  1. Folks, some of you have asked if we were trimming our forums since there are no sports at the moment. We’re going to keep everything open on the forums to provide a sense of normalcy here. It’s our hope Gator Country can be a place of comfort for you during these crazy times. Be safe my friends and take care. -Ray and the GC staff. GO GATORS IN AL KINDS OF WEATHER!

PS. If you happen to find yourself in tight financial circumstances with regards to renewing here please reach out to us. We’d be happy to help sort it out.

Sunday 12:00 Noon P.M. ET. - Bowl Selection Show - ESPN.

Discussion in 'RayGator's Swamp Gas' started by RayGator, Dec 7, 2019.

1. Nava_Gator

Nava_Gator Freshman

Jan 5, 2015
    Gators in the orange #9 vs Virginia

• Like Like x 1
  2. happygatorguy

happygatorguy Junior

Apr 17, 2007
    Gators 12/30 Monday night at 8pm ? Dang. Tired Tuesday at work for me.

3. TJtheGator

TJtheGator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Orlando, FL
    Good bowl game.

The team needs to be hungry to win.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Come On Man Come On Man x 1
  4. gatorcloud

gatorcloud VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    LMBO. Rece said. Ready to see the other rankings and Jesse looks at his watch and said they have been waiting for 3 hrs. Haha!

• Funny Funny x 1
  5. justinwitt07

justinwitt07 GC Hall of Fame

Dec 7, 2018
    Atlanta , GA
    How did wisky not fall below us

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. roflcopter

roflcopter GC Legend

Dec 1, 2011
    West Virginia
    I’m good with rankings except for us being below Wisconsin. They have 3 losses including a terrible loss to a bad Illinois team. We lost on the road to the number 1 team and neutral site to number 5.

• Agree Agree x 4
  7. gatorcloud

gatorcloud VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Good bowl yes. Not a good bowl game.

8. vaxcardinal

vaxcardinal GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    Does it really matter?

9. gatorcloud

gatorcloud VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    What does matter?

10. roflcopter

roflcopter GC Legend

Dec 1, 2011
    West Virginia
    If you’re not in the top 4 I guess it’s just a matter of respect. What bothers me is how next year’s rankings often are based off of this year’s finish. I feel we should be 7th or 6th. But that’s my opinion.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. DieAGator

DieAGator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    georgia at 5 is wrong.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. justinwitt07

Dec 7, 2018
    Atlanta , GA
    I guess they were making a statement and thus establishing some precedent here that no team will drop after a conf title game loss. Save uva that fell one spot

13. justinwitt07

Dec 7, 2018
    Atlanta , GA
    41-14

14. TJtheGator

TJtheGator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Orlando, FL
    Do you guys realize how long we had a losing bowl record?

Forever until Urban came in. Urban was 5-1 in bowls. He got us to .500.

Lumpy maintained, Butters maintained, and it was actually DJ Durkin who got us one game above .500.

With last year’s destruction of Michigan we are 2 games above .500. A great opportunity to make it 3 games on Dec 30.

Then Dan will be on really solid ground.

Last edited: Dec 8, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  15. vaxcardinal

vaxcardinal GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    So you actually care about meaningless early season rankings. Just win and rankings take care of themselves

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. wingtee

wingtee GC Hall of Fame

Apr 11, 2007
    Latitude Margaritaville
    Call in

• Funny Funny x 3
  17. wingtee

wingtee GC Hall of Fame

Apr 11, 2007
    Latitude Margaritaville
    Probably doesn’t matter. If we take care of biz we will be good shape

18. Pasco08

Pasco08 GC Legend

Sep 5, 2013
    Dade City FL
    Oh look we get screwed again via rankings and the matchup. Virginia is honestly a boring matchup.

19. Too bad we didn't get that kind of courtesy after mac's losses to gump in ATL. When it's the Gators who lose the SECCG, just throw them in the Outback Bowl seems to be the default position.

The powers that be just keep churning teams above us and we lock in at 9 no matter what. DISRESPECT.

puppies/Baylor. Both winner and loser will outrank us even if we blow out uva. Watch. We are the Gators and we have a glass ceiling beyond which they will not let us go.

Happy with the Orange Bowl. AGGRAVATED with the rankings.

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. WhattaGator

WhattaGator "Where's The Beef"?? (Or the crabcakes, etc.)... VIP Member "Cook Shack Chef"

For them to rank us at #9 is a slap in the face.....

When the Coahes's Poll has us at #7, and the AP has us at #6....you just know there's some bullshit goinng on in the committee....

Oregon??? OK..they beat an overrated Utah team..but that didn't warrant the committee giving them such a huge jump...sure...give 'em their "tie-in" Bowl game, but not that ranking....

Next... how do you put a 3-loss Wisconsin team ahead of almost ANY 2 loss team??? That just defies reasoning...

Baylor??? qustionable at the very least..... They really didn't play anybody except Oklahoma, who they lost to TWICE,....

The AP poll got it right.... the Gators should be at #6....and, we'll see what happens after the Bowl carnage.....I have absolutely NO problem exposing the CFP Bowl "tie-in" garbage, for pitting the Gators against the "next best" ACC team in Virginia.....

We'll get a premiere NY6 Orange Bowl game, in Miami, to attract more recruits, while they watch the Gators pound Virginia, and give Coach Mullen an 11-2 season in only his 2nd season!!...

Once the dust settles..(we'll have to see if Baylor really deserves the ranking when they play the Dawgs in t he Sugar Bowl).... then somebody has to drop when Oregon faces Wisconsin in the Rose Bowl....

So... Either Oregon, Wisky, Baylor, has to drop below us after tht carnage....
    That's another reason I like the Orange Bowl against Virginia...

Once it's all said and done....the Gators should finish at #6

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1