Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Suffering under Obama

Discussion in 'Too Hot for Swamp Gas' started by Trickster, Jul 21, 2019.

1. duchen

duchen VIP Member

Nov 25, 2017
    Maybe Trump and his Herbert Hoover loving supporters can return the country to the good old days of the 1930s? Hoover and Bush left economies that collapsed, and were on the verge of collapse. FDR and Obama got good results. Not just good intentions. Meanwhile, back to GOPnomics.

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  2. gatorchamps0607

gatorchamps0607 Always Rasta Premium Member

Aug 14, 2007
    Hendersonville, TN
    That's quite the accusation.

3. Gatorrick22

Gatorrick22 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    He reduced the federal deficit from 9.8 percent of GDP in 2009 to 3.2 percent in 2016.

What a freaking JOKE, this NON-STATISTIC article is...
    Obama took us from 10 trillion in national debt to 19 trillion...

Talk about a worthless man and purposefully saboteur to our economy... unemployment for woman, blacks and Latinos was horrendous. And the employment numbers were a joke because anyone that worked 29 hours a week was considered full time employees.

He had the FED print money... which devalued all of our financial possessions to little of what they were really valued at before he had the fed create his false economy. And he bowed to dictators and shunned our allies like Israel... and then he made the deal with the devil in the middle east - Iran. He was a liar and a thief...

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Come On Man Come On Man x 1
  4. fastsix

fastsix Premium Member

Apr 11, 2007
    Seattle
    Here's a chart of the unemployment rate for African Americans from 2009 to present.
    Can you show us where trump turned things around?

And I'm going to bet charts showing the unemployment rate for women and Latinos are similar (actually I know they are).

• Winner Winner x 1
  5. Trickster

Trickster VIP Member

Sep 20, 2014
    North Carolina
    Rather than compare apples to orangutans, you ought to make at least some attempt at non-partisan balance.
    The US national debt just pushed past $22 trillion — here's how Trump's $2 trillion in debt compares with Obama, Bush, and Clinton

• Funny Funny x 1
  6. QGator2414

QGator2414 VIP Member

Aug 24, 2009
    Ocala
    You are arguing for what the entitlement programs are not. But carry on.

I am all for means testing these programs and helping those in true need. I am not for redistributing from the younger generations to the older under the guise of being an “earned benefit”. But the government has you well trained it appears...

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. QGator2414

QGator2414 VIP Member

Aug 24, 2009
    Ocala
    Yes! It stinks we continue to redistribute from younger to older instead of creating laws that help those who are truly in need. It fdr/lbj/obama know it is a bipartisan issue they could manipulate. And the problem is when you call it like it is...you are killing granny. To both sides.

8. QGator2414

QGator2414 VIP Member

Aug 24, 2009
    Ocala
    One of the more ignorant things I have read here.

On top of the fact most have no issues with the government helping people in need. Government is not the only answer in doing so and you will find Conservatives are extremely giving...

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  9. QGator2414

QGator2414 VIP Member

Aug 24, 2009
    Ocala
    Maybe we can start means testing and create noble programs that help people truly in need?

But nah...We earned that benefit even though most of us have enough. So our kids will pay it so we can enjoy more and let them deal with our greed (satire alert).

10. carpeveritas

carpeveritas GC Legend

Dec 31, 2016
    That's par for the course attack the audience ignore the content.

11. nolancarey

nolancarey GC Legend

Aug 16, 2009
    What laws do you foresee that won't come with a price tag?

12. carpeveritas

carpeveritas GC Legend

Dec 31, 2016
    At least you are now getting to the content maybe it is sinking in. This one may help you out even more.

“Investigative Journalism and the Obama Administration”

13. QGator2414

QGator2414 VIP Member

Aug 24, 2009
    Ocala
    Have I said any would not?

You continue to miss the point. I pay a ton of taxes. Don’t complain (well hate how ridiculous bureaucracy wastes so much and gets involved in things it should not). Probably need to pay more in the short term (as does everyone) to make up for government mismanagement. But entitlement programs are not about helping those in true need. Of course they do this and that is good. But if they were designed properly that is what they would truly be focused on. Instead they are used by both parties no less to continue and redistribute from younger to older regardless of need.

• Like Like x 1
  14. rivergator

rivergator Too Hot Mod Moderator VIP Member

Apr 8, 2007
    Rather than post hour-long videos and expecting people to watch them, why don't you break out some of the specific points in each of those videos? That way we can discuss the claims.

Personally, I'm curious how you explain why Obama had so few members of his administration arrested, compared to other presidents. Especially since he was so corrupt and all.

• Like Like x 4
    • Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
  15. carpeveritas

carpeveritas GC Legend

Dec 31, 2016
    The answer is simple Mr Eric Holder refused to do so. As for the hour long videos it takes more than a sound byte to educate yourself on the matter at hand. Now I understand there are people with short attention spans that would rather watch their favorite soap opera and depend on sound bytes to make up their minds concerning our political environment. However given what this nation is going through now I believe they are beginning to wake up and pay much more attention instead of living a bubble.

• Like Like x 1
  16. rivergator

rivergator Too Hot Mod Moderator VIP Member

Apr 8, 2007
    If you cannot give specific points from the video, there's no indication you've watched them either.

• Winner Winner x 1
  17. Tjgators

Tjgators Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    I thought it was the economy that would collapse once DJT took office. That is what a bunch of really smart people said.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Off-topic Off-topic x 1
  18. Tjgators

Tjgators Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Medicare is an earned benefit, yet the people receiving it are taking 3x what they put in and living much longer. It has to be dealt with today.

19. Bazza

Bazza GC Hall of Fame

Jan 2, 2009
    New Smyrna Beach
    Is it football season yet? :emoji_face_palm:

• Like Like x 2
  20. carpeveritas

carpeveritas GC Legend

Dec 31, 2016
    I've watched them all otherwise I would not have posted them. Cut and paste isn't my style.