Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

STUNNING UPDATE: Mother of Jazmine Barnes Lied to Police – Knew the Killers were Black Men, Killer W

Discussion in 'Too Hot for Swamp Gas' started by flgator2, Jan 7, 2019.

1. flgator2

flgator2 All American

Apr 3, 2007
    STUNNING UPDATE: Mother of Jazmine Barnes Lied to Police - Knew the Killers were Black Men, Killer Was Online Friend

The original reports from the family who witnessed the shooting death of Jasmine described the shooter as a “white male in his 30s.”
    Harris County Texas police announced on Sunday that 20-year-old Eric Black Jr. was arrested and charged with capital murder in the death of Jasmine Barnes.
    Now here is a new twist.
    The family said the killer was a “white male in his 30s” but he was a black male… This is odd because the family who witnessed the shooting described the killer to the police.

And now we know the mother of Jazmine Barnes is a Facebook friend with her baby girl’s killer.

• Informative Informative x 1
  2. citygator

citygator Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Charlotte
    Weird

• Like Like x 1
  3. orangeblue_coop

orangeblue_coop GC Legend

Nov 19, 2016
    RIP to the 7-year old girl.

• Agree Agree x 3
  4. G8trGr8t

G8trGr8t Premium Member

Aug 26, 2008
    Poster on facebook said that video confiscated from mothers business and that mother of dad child tried to drive away without paying for her drugs and shooting followed that....wonder if the national news will report that if true

Last edited: Jan 7, 2019
  5. kygator

kygator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Has it been confirmed that they knew each other? I don't think the "fan Eric" facebook picture looks like the guy who got arrested. Granted it is a different angle and facial expression. On the other hand, he also looks nothing like the suspect description.

6. gator7_5

gator7_5 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 9, 2007
    pathetic

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. wgbgator

wgbgator Very Stable Genius Premium Member

Apr 19, 2007
    Geo-hell
    Its Gateway Pundit, so I wouldn't put any stock in the article.

• Winner Winner x 3
  8. wgbgator

Apr 19, 2007
    Geo-hell
    Man charged in death of 7-year-old girl Jazmine Barnes

If you'd like to read an article about this case that's not from a dubious and racist source here's a link.

• Winner Winner x 2
  9. tegator80

tegator80 GC Hall of Fame

May 29, 2007
    Richmond, VA
    If I may overshoot some, as a participant on the "Defense of Trump" thread, I think this is another example of who we have become. Someone who as been "indoctrinated" into who is the enemy has to believe that person is to blame when something bad happens. And to the Law and Order take, it also goes to how "seeing is believing" or an eye witness can be SO wrong. The ability of DNA evidence has put so much of our "skills" into question.

• Come On Man Come On Man x 1
  10. PITBOSS

PITBOSS GC Hall of Fame

Apr 13, 2007
    Not sure I get your point(?)

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  11. tegator80

tegator80 GC Hall of Fame

May 29, 2007
    Richmond, VA
    Simply that people seem to get ideas of who is their enemy and so when something bad happens we "see" them when it may very well be a lie made inside our heads.

• Winner Winner x 1
  12. gator_lawyer

gator_lawyer Premium Member

Oct 30, 2017
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  13. rivergator

rivergator Too Hot Mod Moderator VIP Member

Apr 8, 2007
    where'd you get that, if not from the national news?

14. BigCypressGator1981

BigCypressGator1981 Premium Member

Oct 11, 2011
    Or some people just lie about what they saw.

• Winner Winner x 5
  15. ursidman

ursidman GC Hall of Fame

Sep 27, 2007
    Sounds like she did not want to admit her own culpability in her child's death so no mention of drug deal or the real culprit and an intentionally bad description. Don't know how she will be able to live with herself. I know I couldn't.

• Agree Agree x 2
  16. rivergator

Apr 8, 2007
    where are you getting the drug deal info?

17. rivergator

Apr 8, 2007
    BTW, the claim that the mother lied could be completely false. There apparently was a white guy in a red pickup truck next to the victim's car. Perhaps in a hail of bullets and shattered glass, the mother saw this guy and assumed he was the shooter.

The Latest: Sheriff: Man in truck was witness, not suspect

• Informative Informative x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. gator_lawyer

gator_lawyer Premium Member

Oct 30, 2017
    I wonder why a mother who was a victim of a shooting that took her daughter's life is being attacked by the fringe-right media for what seems to be an honest mistake . . . .

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  19. wgbgator

Apr 19, 2007
    Geo-hell
    There isn't a logical reason to murder a 7 year old kid randomly. If you were looking for an explanation what would your mind drift toward? If I were black racial violence wouldn't be something I would write off since America has a long history of racial violence toward black people.

20. kygator

kygator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    The mother never claimed to see the shooter. It was the teenage sister who gave the description.

Washington said the attack -- which happened near a northeast Harris County Walmart -- happened so fast she didn't even have a chance to see what happened.

"It was that quick. I didn't even see him. I didn't see the truck," she said. "I didn't see anything but shattered glass and bullets coming towards my car."

There were a lot of journalists and activists on the left who jumped to conclusions without having all the facts. However, there are now a lot of people on the right who are jumping to conclusions about the mother without having all the facts.

• Winner Winner x 1