Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!
  1. Folks, some of you have asked if we were trimming our forums since there are no sports at the moment. We’re going to keep everything open on the forums to provide a sense of normalcy here. It’s our hope Gator Country can be a place of comfort for you during these crazy times. Be safe my friends and take care. -Ray and the GC staff. GO GATORS IN AL KINDS OF WEATHER!

PS. If you happen to find yourself in tight financial circumstances with regards to renewing here please reach out to us. We’d be happy to help sort it out.

Strength coach Cochran leaving Bamar for on field position at Ga

Discussion in 'RayGator's Swamp Gas' started by justinwitt07, Feb 24, 2020.

1. justinwitt07

justinwitt07 GC Hall of Fame

Dec 7, 2018
    Atlanta , GA
    How big of a deal is this ? Seems like this is a big deal on some level. Not necessarily from a ga gain but more so what does this say about things in tusc. Seems odd. It’s not like he’s leaving to take over ga strength prog. Not sure what to make of this

2. chattgator

chattgator Freshman

Jul 17, 2007
    Meanwhile domino effect BIG opening in T-Town. Make sure we have our bases covered on the home front!!

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. recongator

recongator GC Legend

Nov 26, 2017
    Meh
    Nobody does less with more than Georgia.
    As long as Kirby is the coach he’ll invent new ways to choke away championships

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. g0ggles

g0ggles Junior

Sep 8, 2012
    I think it's a huge deal. Dude left saban to be a special teams coordinator. Adding more subplots to their game in September

• Informative Informative x 1
  5. justinwitt07

Dec 7, 2018
    Atlanta , GA
    Shit I didn’t even think about that

• Like Like x 1
  6. bobcatgator

bobcatgator Sophomore

Nov 24, 2011
    This is a very big loss for Saban and Bama.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. justinwitt07

Dec 7, 2018
    Atlanta , GA
    I’ll reiterate, I’m not nearly as concerned with what it means for ga as i am curious as to what’s goin on in tusc

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. wyldcrocodyl

wyldcrocodyl Recruit

Nov 29, 2014
    Is it not odd that he can go in to be a on field coach? I would have thought that S & C would have become its own "specialty"; Like it is filled by an expert in exercise science rather than a football coach

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. apkgator

apkgator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Bama loses an elite strength coach, and UGA adds a guy that may or may not be suited to coach given his experience. Not quite sure why UGA would reach like this, seems like they are forcing things just to sting Bama

• Agree Agree x 7
  10. 62gator

62gator GC Hall of Fame

Dec 4, 2007
    Fort Lauderdale, FL
    Spot on. It’s a really odd hire, but Kirby is an odd bird, the ’Doofus Thrasher’. Instead of going out and hiring one of the best proven STC’s, he goes out and hires one of the best S&C coaches, to be the STC, brilliant! Cochran likely didn’t want to be S&C grunt forever, hence why he jumped.

Cochran once proclaimed Georgia was wearing black jerseys for their upcoming Saturday night game because “they’re going to a m———-ing funeral.”

11. twodaparty

twodaparty GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Smart is trying so hard to be like Saban and it doesn’t work for him but he doesn’t learn. Can’t be original just imitate others with all your hires.

• Like Like x 1
  12. WhattaGator

WhattaGator "Where's The Beef"?? (Or the crabcakes, etc.)... VIP Member "Cook Shack Chef"

I wonder if Kirby Dumb is trying to make a move, replacing their current S&C director Scott Sinclair, or one of the two ass't S&C coaches in the near to immediate future.....but, ...
    Knowing Kirby, he'll probably keep him where he is, or "promote" him to a DB coach, and their entire defensive back corps will turn to crap. :)

13. ugahairydawgs

ugahairydawgs GC Legend

Apr 9, 2007
    I don't get this train of logic....Nick Saban only hires guys that have never had jobs before?

14. fda92045

fda92045 All American

Feb 19, 2012
    Kirby "Dumb" is 3-1 against UF...so he must be doing something right.

• Dislike Dislike x 4
    • Come On Man Come On Man x 2
  15. twodaparty

twodaparty GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    It’s not my fault you don’t comprehend. Smart is a copy cat. The best don’t imitate. They innovate.

• Come On Man Come On Man x 1
  16. WhattaGator

WhattaGator "Where's The Beef"?? (Or the crabcakes, etc.)... VIP Member "Cook Shack Chef"

Kirby Duke might have been working with his already stacked deck, that he pretty much inherited for now...but if you think that's going to last with Mullen breathing down his neck...you might want to reconsider.

Kirby won one with Sharkteeth at the helm, and Mullen's had to work with what he had coming in...( and, a 10-3, then an 11-2 seasons ain't too shabby for a complete turnaround of the program)

We'll see how this continues to play out.

Oh, by the way....HOW LONG has it been since the Dawgs have won a National championship???....Oh, that's right...56K modems came out some 10 years earlier.

• Like Like x 2
  17. lerxst6

lerxst6 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 11, 2007
    Naples
    One thing is for sure - Kirby won’t have a seat at the Saban Thanksgiving table this year.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  18. Bazza

Bazza GC Hall of Fame

Jan 2, 2009
    New Smyrna Beach
    Not a big deal.

This will end up as a positive for Bama.

We need to beat the poodles this year....period.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  19. justinwitt07

Dec 7, 2018
    Atlanta , GA
    He was already making 600k+ too, can’t imagine spec team coach would make that much more than that if at all but I could be wrong

20. ugahairydawgs

ugahairydawgs GC Legend

Apr 9, 2007
    Hiring successful guys that can recruit is copy cat?

• Like Like x 1