Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

POLL: Spring Game

Discussion in 'RayGator's Swamp Gas' started by gator_brent, Mar 5, 2018.

Will you be attending the spring game?

Poll closed Mar 15, 2018.
  1. Yes

45.3%
  2. No but I’ll be there in spirit

54.7%
  1. Skink

Skink GC Hall of Fame

parking?

2. tilly

tilly Superhero Moderator with bulletproof posts! Moderator VIP Member

Doubt it. Tentatively have to fly to Atlanta for work in April, Have a huge project for work at the end of the month and my daughters dance academy has their big annual production in May and I do all their marketing so that ties me up.

April is crazy busy. :confused:

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. tilly

Passes included. ;)

4. tilly

Also have some oceanfront property in Arizona to go with the tix and parking.;)

• Funny Funny x 5
    • Best Post Ever Best Post Ever x 1
  5. swampgas44

swampgas44 Junior

Feb 1, 2012
    I'll take the corner lot overlooking the Grand Canyon. :)

• Funny Funny x 2
  6. Matherly87

Matherly87 GC Hall of Fame

Oct 3, 2016
    Ocala, FL
    Don't forget the choice of 2 alcoholic beverages per person brought to your seat during the game by the Dazzlers.
    Not that something like that would ever happen anyway.

7. twodaparty

twodaparty GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    They need to start some kind of marketing campaign do something catchy to attract fans to show up in droves. Would love to break our all time spring game attendance record. Unfortunately our UAA sucks at this kind of stuff promoting.

8. Skink

Skink GC Hall of Fame

From my perspective up here on the coast of North Carolina, if the team, the new staff, and the excitement over this new chapter in Gator football isn’t enough to motivate me to make the 1000 mile round trip, no amount of catchy gimmicks will either.

It’s all about Dan Mullen, his staff, and the new Florida Gators.

I hope we fill The Swamp - it would be a great way to start out this next chapter in Gator football. Go Gators

• Like Like x 3
  9. jeffbrig

jeffbrig GC Hall of Fame

Aug 7, 2007
    I've been going to games for 20+ years, and been a booster for about a decade. I've been to maybe one or two spring games since Meyer left. We're heading up for the spring game this year!

• Like Like x 3
  10. themistocles

themistocles VIP Member

Apr 8, 2007
    Temple Terrace, FL
    Unfortunately, automobiles and trucks are massively expensive to buy and maintain (average yearly cost for Americans per vehicle is over $8,000), unless you're like some friends of mine and do your own work.

My X-Wife, who drives a 2005 Honda (a bad year for Honda's unfortunately), doesn't trust it to go 100 miles. Fortunately, I drive an 8-speed bicycle, which I can afford to repair (and do most myself), but the trip to Gainesville is 132 miles (212 km) one-way, which I won't make for many reasons (2-day trip one way) when I'm in outstanding shape.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  11. INGATORSWETRUST

INGATORSWETRUST GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    Florida
    Red Coach bus ride to Gville from Miami, Ft Lauderdale, Palm Beach, Orlando, or Tally. Nice seats, WiFi, lots of leg room, and not that expensive, if no other way.

They also let you ship items with them when not traveling. I have a friend that shipped an entire Thanksgiving meal for their kid in a large cooler via Red Coach for $20 bucks. I’ve shipped up winter clothes in a suitcase. Gets there faster than fed express and cheaper. Your kid just had to go pick it up at the Red Coach bus station.

12. Skink

Skink GC Hall of Fame

Ordinarily I wouldn't bother, but you are so prolific with posts celebrating your self-perceived greatness that I'm inclined to inform you that the plural of Honda is not "Honda's". I don't have any idea what you teach or where, but there's your grammar lesson for the day - from an engineer.

Carry on

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Best Post Ever Best Post Ever x 1
  13. NOLAGATOR

NOLAGATOR GC Hall of Fame

Jun 2, 2014
    I won't be able to make it but I'll watch.

I think a signing session and a meet and greet the coaches and players before or after the game would pull em in. I said before, I'd give special invitations to the HS, HS Coaches, Military Units, Special Needs...

That said, I think the excitement of Mullen and a new system should bring them.

14. pd_gator

pd_gator GC Hall of Fame

Oct 6, 2013
    Florida
    Idk the mileage to Gville off hand? But I'm 1.5hrs south of Orlando. But turns out it's a moot point, my niece's 1St bday is that day....

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  15. NOLAGATOR

Jun 2, 2014
    Ditto:

2 conventions and one in May.

• Like Like x 1
  16. NOLAGATOR

Jun 2, 2014
    We should have at least 40,000 of those 50,00o Students and Friends. Maybe they can show how Elite they are.

When I was at UF we just got off an 0-10-1 Season and it was hard to get a Student Ticket when Pell got here. I sat in the old bleachers my JR year.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. NOLAGATOR

Jun 2, 2014

18. wygator

wygator GC Hall of Fame

Mar 31, 2010
    I'll take the Orange plus 7

• Funny Funny x 2
  19. NOLAGATOR

Jun 2, 2014
    Like I said before:
    • I'd pick Captains
    • Then pick teams - Old School Playground Style (Or 1st Team O vs 1st Team D)
    • I'd play as real of a game as possible with Special Teams
    • Winner gets Steak - Loser gets Burgers.

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  20. wargunfan

wargunfan GC Hall of Fame

Jan 6, 2010
    Inside your head.
    We're packin' the Honda Pilot with three generations of Gators and driving up from Orlando. Me, my son and our wives and three grandsons. We're looking forward to kicking off the new Gator era of winning championships! Go Gators!

• Like Like x 3