Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Sports debate: Is the NFL rigged?

Discussion in 'Too Hot for Swamp Gas' started by GatorPrincess8, Feb 12, 2024.

1. GatorPrincess8

GatorPrincess8 Princess of Gators VIP Member

My Dad said before he passed away said the NFL was rigged and I now I am starting to believe him. For example Travis Kelce and Taylor Swift just so happen to fall in love via Twitter and she follows him all the way to a Super Bowl win where KC is NEVER called for a hold. It's a money maker story for the NFL. The game so happens to go to OT and KC wins and the love story continues. Blah blah blah.

I was on my Facebook and posted this and this lady said it was not rigged and I said prove me wrong and her response to that was Trump sucks. Yeah, How original. I mean if you can't win one argument go for another right? I mean this lady was really butthurt because I said the NFL was rigged.

• Funny Funny x 6
    • Disagree Bacon! Disagree Bacon! x 4
    • Come On Man Come On Man x 1
  2. exiledgator

exiledgator Gruntled

Jan 5, 2010
    Maine
    The only people waking up this morning and claiming the NFL is rigged are far right whackos that think Biden made the NFL force a KC win so Taylor could have the spotlight to better endorse him.

Is the NFL rigged? Maybe. If it is, it's certainly not to the level of scripting SB winners. But it's the timing of today's complaint that your friend sees right through .

Last edited: Feb 12, 2024
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  3. wgbgator

wgbgator Premium Member

Apr 19, 2007
    I dont think NFL is rigged, but I think pro wrestling might be

• Funny Funny x 9
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. GatorPrincess8

GatorPrincess8 Princess of Gators VIP Member

Oh I Like KC and hate 49ers, but I thought 49ers got some bad non-calls. I was neutral.

5. wgbgator

wgbgator Premium Member

Apr 19, 2007
    Why does the team with the best QB and killer defense always seem to win, very fishy

[​IMG]

• Winner Winner x 9
    • Funny Funny x 4
    • Like Like x 2
  6. danmanne65

danmanne65 GC Hall of Fame

Jul 2, 2022
    DeLand
    I think refs can try to influence if teams cover the spread or not. I think some basketball refs have been caught doing that. Whether football refs do the same I have no opinion on other than to say I don’t bet on sporting events. Kansas seemed to be peeking at the right time. I think the better team last night won.

7. AzCatFan

AzCatFan GC Hall of Fame

Apr 9, 2007
    KC won 2 Super Bowls in the past four years before Swift and Kelce ever met. Kelce, along with HC Reid, Mahomes, et. al. are true champions. They just know how to win the big games.

And the refs called an even game. SF's first TD should have been flagged for illegal man downfield. McCaffery's lead blocker in the play was a lineman about 5 yards down from the LOS when the ball was thrown to McCaffery.

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. murphree_hall

murphree_hall VIP Member

Jul 11, 2019
    I don’t understand how the guy who might supplant Brady as the GOAT QB, the GOAT tight end, a top 5 all time coach, an outstanding defense… all who just happen to be defending champs were able to win the Super Bowl. Must be rigged!

• Funny Funny x 6
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
  9. wgbgator

wgbgator Premium Member

Apr 19, 2007
    I dont think you can rig a thing like Greenlaw doing his ACL running onto the field, that's just bad juju

10. ursidman

ursidman VIP Member

Sep 27, 2007
    Bug Tussle NC
    I thought they later said it was an Achilles tendon. Distinction without a difference though.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. mikemcd810

mikemcd810 Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Penalties were pretty even: 6 for 40 yards for the Niners and 6 for 55 yards for the Chiefs. Maybe there are some calls that were missed in the Chiefs favor but there were four pretty big ones that went against the Chiefs:

• Bad spot for KC around their own 10 yard line that looked like it should have been a first down. KC inexplicably called a timeout but didn't challenge
    • Mahomes about to be sacked throws the ball away and gets called for intentional grounding when Noah Gray was in the area. It was borderline but generally that doesn't get called which Gene Steratore stated
    • Juszczyck dives for the first down in OT, ball comes loose on contact, no replay from the booth. Probably a catch imo but could have warranted a review
    • Another bad spot for KC in OT leading to 4th and 1. Looked like it should have been a first down but no booth review. Mahomes then went on to run for ~20 yards on 4th down anyway

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  12. channingcrowderhungry

channingcrowderhungry Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Bottom of a pint glass
    Jaguars admitted it was scripted last year. Incredibly telling video if you have 8 minutes

• Funny Funny x 6
  13. Gatoragman

Gatoragman GC Hall of Fame

Jan 4, 2008
    I certainly don't believe the NFL is rigged, but I do believe the bias of "some" of the refs could become a concern. You see some refs make certain calls against certain players, while not making them against others. Being straight up and honest on about everything has been more compromised in the past 10 years or so than any other time in our lives. IMO. I mean with companies cheating on taxes and getting away with just a slap, to some politicians getting slaps on wrist, to other being kicked out of Congress, to folks just crossing the border with no regard for our laws, to criminals not being charged because of skin color or perhaps a LCO, to some being overcharged for the same reasons. You have media sources that are as bias as they come, then have media bias sources, that are bias, claiming who is more bias.
    I just think being honest, and the chips fall where they fall is becoming a lost attribute no matter what your political association is.

14. BobK89

BobK89 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 9, 2007
    Tampa, FL
    If it was rigged, why did the refs flag KC for holding on third and long at the start of overtime? ENOUGH of this "RIGGED" bulls--t!! If you don't like a result, it doesn't mean "rigged."

• Winner Winner x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. LimeyGator

LimeyGator Official Brexit Reporter!

If it was rigged, they needed a better script writer for that first half. Ooommff.

• Funny Funny x 5
    • Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  16. BigCypressGator1981

BigCypressGator1981 GC Hall of Fame

Oct 11, 2011
    Not sure how a lady on facebook could possibly prove that the NFL is NOT rigged.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. WestCoastGator

WestCoastGator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 12, 2007
    Almost as bad as the swindle and definitely rigged, errr, heavily "influenced" by the officiating.

• Disagree Bacon! Disagree Bacon! x 3
  18. channingcrowderhungry

channingcrowderhungry Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Bottom of a pint glass
    The most impressive part of the rigging was the punter being so precise with his aim that he hit a guy's foot 50 yard down the field to stick to the script. Supreme talent!

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Winner Winner x 4
  19. PITBOSS

PITBOSS GC Hall of Fame

Apr 13, 2007
    Shouldn’t evidence first be provided why it’s rigged. That’s the way an accusation usually works.

Last edited: Feb 12, 2024
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  20. antny1

antny1 GC Hall of Fame

Dec 3, 2019
    Why would the refs put KC in a bad spot if the game was rigged? They had 2 short spots that weren't even reviewed. The one in OT would have been a booth review but they didn't even attempt it. The intentional grounding and horse collar were both called bad calls by the rules expert. Both teams got away with egregious holding calls.

I think money taints everything so I could see games being influenced( swindle in the swamp) but there are way too many moving parts for the games to be "scripted." It's one of the same problems with conspiracy theories about 9/11, NASA, chmetrails, etc. Thousands of people involved but no leak or smoking gun..

• Agree Agree x 5