Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!
  1. Folks, some of you have asked if we were trimming our forums since there are no sports at the moment. We’re going to keep everything open on the forums to provide a sense of normalcy here. It’s our hope Gator Country can be a place of comfort for you during these crazy times. Be safe my friends and take care. -Ray and the GC staff. GO GATORS IN AL KINDS OF WEATHER!

PS. If you happen to find yourself in tight financial circumstances with regards to renewing here please reach out to us. We’d be happy to help sort it out.

South Carolina gets NOA

Discussion in 'Nuttin' but Net' started by oragator1, Feb 13, 2020.

1. oragator1

oragator1 Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    • Agree Agree x 5
    • Informative Informative x 3
  2. GoCocks3877

GoCocks3877 All American

Nov 14, 2015
    We will get screwed on this, while the LSU’s of the world will get away with it..

When Frank McGuire was at South Carolina he was very outspoken on the bias against the Gamecocks, because the ACC always looked out for the Tobacco Road schools.

I hope Frank Martin will tell the NCAA to go F themselves, just like Coach McGuire told the ACC to kiss his ass.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. gatorbogey

gatorbogey Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    s. e. florida
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  4. bullish

bullish GC Hall of Fame

Nov 14, 2010
    The AD for LSU was a roommate in college with Mark Emmerrt, president of the NCAA. Both Basketball and Football has wrong doings in paying players, doubt anything much will happen. Think if Florida did this, they would give us the death penalty.

• Informative Informative x 2
  5. Claygator

Claygator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 11, 2007
    And to think none of this would have seen the light of day but for the FBI probe.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. BLING

BLING GC Hall of Fame

Apr 16, 2007
    Yeah, if LSU doesn't get the hammer and they start going after other schools in their own league for similar (but less explicit) infractions, the NCAA is done. Total corruption. There is no way you can justify that with the head coach being on tape. I'm amazed LSU stuck with the guy as their coach. Brazen.

Doesn't really make sense as LSU is hardly a blue blood in basketball, but if that's true about the LSU AD and NCAA President being "college roomates" that pretty much tells the story. Unreal.

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. incoldblood

incoldblood GC Legend

Nov 30, 2016
    I don’t think Emmert and Woodward were ever college roomates since they graduated from different schools. Emmert hired Woodward for an external affairs position while chancellor of Lsu. Then he hired him for the same position and later as AD while president of Washington. Supposedly, Emmert’s daughter and Woodward’s stepson are married.

• Informative Informative x 1
  8. GatorRade

GatorRade Rad Scientist Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    If anything, I think this news shows that the NCAA isn’t done. I still expect something to happen LSU, though I have no idea what.

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  9. HallGator

HallGator Senile Mod Moderator VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Outer Limits
    Or in what Millenium.

10. grant1

grant1 GC Hall of Fame

Nov 10, 2009
    Why would an assistant risk his career over a lousy 6 grand?

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. GratefulGator

GratefulGator GC Hall of Fame

Oct 15, 2016
    Denver
    If LSU fired Wade, they would have to show cause; if they showed Wade buying players, LSU would be sanctioned and penalized. So, it's best for LSU to keep their heads in the sand while Wade keeps coaching there.

I hope that LSU and Wade get the book thrown at them by the NCAA; but I fear that this is wishful thinking.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  12. VTGator

VTGator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 17, 2007
    Good question. Only makes sense if there was a whole lot more going on but this is the only caught.

13. ahudson

ahudson Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
  14. REM08

REM08 GC Hall of Fame

Jun 1, 2010
    Arkansas
    I've heard several national media guys on podcasts (Gary Parrish and someone from ESPN, can't recall who) allude to rumors circulating that this will be an eventful off season for some of the FBI implicated teams like Kansas and LSU. We'll see if this holds true.

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  15. spike718

spike718 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 11, 2007
    At this point I’d laugh at the ncaa and show them the middle finger. Wouldn’t answer a single question except to deny everything, even if they have audio and video of frank Martin himself taking a parent or handler to a bank and giving them $100,000 in cash.

Missouri cooperated - actually self reported - And got a stiff penalty for doing the ‘right thing’ while miss state skated for denying the same offense.

The cheating by some power blue bloods in football and basketball is so rampant and yet ignored. Instead non blue bloods get dicked over by ncaa.

I would love to see Frank Martin or someone in a similar situation reply to the letter, in front of the media, with something like ....”well, in light of the ncaa letting a blue blood cash cow like North Carolina have institutionalized academic fraud and since Kansas and auburn and LSU and others who were exposed as cheaters aren’t even getting investigated, we are not even going to acknowledge the blatant favoritism and selective enforcement by the ncaa.” To cap it off, urinate on the letter. Okay, maybe that is too far. Lol

• Funny Funny x 1
  16. Gatorhead

Gatorhead GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Philadelphia
    And David picked up a rock and slung it, he smote the Phillistine in the head...…...

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  17. phideltdj

phideltdj GC Hall of Fame

Aug 7, 2007
    In other words...let's make sure they can play in the tourney.

• Funny Funny x 1
  18. Gatorhead

Gatorhead GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Philadelphia
    Hope so REM, about time, thank you for sharing BTW your cats just keep on creeping quietly up the vine. May turn out to be a fun month of March for you guys up there.

• Like Like x 1
  19. spike718

spike718 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 11, 2007
    I think they forgot to add the actual key code though for those reading or listening...I have a little orphan Annie code ring and it shows me that LSU really means South Carolina and Kansas really means some other obscure non blue blood program.

• Funny Funny x 3
  20. GratefulGator

GratefulGator GC Hall of Fame

Oct 15, 2016
    Denver
    I hope this happens.

• Agree Agree x 1