Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Sometimes carrying a gun doesn't make you safer.

Discussion in 'GatorNana's Too Hot for Swamp Gas' started by l_boy, Jul 26, 2020.

1. WarDamnGator

WarDamnGator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    I haven't yet seen a report that the victim fired his gun. I'm sure the police would know by now, and so far they are saying the 5 shots came from the murderer and 3 shots came from a 3rd person who shot at the car after he tried to flee the scene.

Yet, we have people on the internet who can tell who did the shooting by the sound ... :rolleyes:

2. WarDamnGator

Apr 8, 2007
  3. homer

homer GC Hall of Fame

Nov 2, 2015
    Sometimes it does.

Carrying a gun in her purse may have saved my wife’s life. It most certainly saved her from being car jacked.

That was back in the early 70s.

Y’all don’t like guns, don’t own one. I believe in choice.

We choose to own guns.

4. LLCoolJ94

LLCoolJ94 GC Hall of Fame

Or not:

BREAKING: Garrett Foster Likely Didn't Fire Gun, But Pointed Rifle At Concealed Carrying Driver Who Did Fire – Concealed Nation

Your source: GF did nothing wrong.

Another source: GF definitely pointed his gun at the driver.

Surrounding a car and pointing a gun is enough to cause a person to perceive a threat. Surrounding a car is honestly enough. Here's a tip: Get the hell out of the road! Nobody said you can't protest. But you don't have the right to commandeer the streets!

The first shots are from a rifle.

5. WarDamnGator

Apr 8, 2007
    OK ... watch out for moving goal posts. And get your ears checked.

6. LLCoolJ94

Not at all. I think he pulled the trigger. Somebody fired a rifle. How many people were carrying rifles at this "peaceful" protest?

And that's rich coming from you.

7. WarDamnGator

Apr 8, 2007
    It's sad that you can't admit you are wrong when the police definitively say you are wrong and even your own link to a pro-guns website says in the headline "Garret Foster Likely Didn't Fire Gun". I mean, it's right there in the headline, of an article you posted. ... Sad.

8. LLCoolJ94

I'm likely not going to hit with a baseball bat. Suppose I run into you now. Do you feel confident and safe I won't?

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 2, 2020
  9. WarDamnGator

Apr 8, 2007
    Is that supposed to be some kind threat?