Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Sometimes carrying a gun doesn't make you safer.

Discussion in 'GatorNana's Too Hot for Swamp Gas' started by l_boy, Jul 26, 2020.

1. LouisvilleGator

LouisvilleGator GC Hall of Fame

Oct 16, 2012
    Exactly and if you see no hot women ANYWHERE, that should be your queue it is time to leave, as well.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. WarDamnGator

WarDamnGator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    It is legal to carry an AK-47 around the streets of Texas. You can't justify shooting a person by saying he was doing something completely legal at the time he was shot .... and I doubt that anything in the open carry laws says you need to be "willing to throw down".

3. cluckugator

cluckugator VIP Member

Aug 16, 2007
    We will see how this case plays out. Never had a need for a gun. Hope I never will. Feel bad for all parties involved.

If the deceased wanted to walk around with an AK; his choice.

Shooter on the other end’s choice as well.

Last edited: Jul 26, 2020
  4. Tjgators

Tjgators VIP Member Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    If you are a dumbass carrying then I get it. If you live in an area that lets people loot your business or your home then it's a good idea to carry. The one thing government is tasked to do is keep us safe. The number one thing is to keep us safe.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  5. Trickster

Trickster Premium Member

Sep 20, 2014
    Something's seriously wrong with people in a civilized society who walk around with loaded assault rifles. This aggressive macho-man culture in America is really sickening. To do it at a protest/counterprotest, where emotions run high, is nothing short of insane. No one deserves to die in those situations, but they will.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 3
  6. cluckugator

cluckugator VIP Member

Aug 16, 2007
    And sorry for the back to back replies. Not sure what the exact law is regarding standing in the middle of I-95. Wouldn’t advise my kids to do that or carry an AK to a peaceful protest. Different ideas of American Liberty. Both not wise, truly feel bad.

7. AgingGator

AgingGator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 24, 2007
    Anyone interested in a Gun Down, Dont Shoot protest?

Somehow I don't see the media getting behind it like they did in the Michael Brown shooting.

8. WC53

WC53 GC Legend

Oct 17, 2015
    Old City
    I just don’t understand the mindset of wanting to carry a long gun in public, let a lone with tac gear at a protest.... brain washed? Nuts? Cultish?

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  9. jmoliver

jmoliver GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Anyone that feels the need to “carry” at one of these protests is stupid regardless of the laws. Nothing good will come of it.

10. metalcoater

metalcoater GC Legend

May 30, 2007
    Because he was dead, and if he fired five rounds after that we have much bigger problems.

• Funny Funny x 1
  11. LLCoolJ94

LLCoolJ94 GC Hall of Fame

Now do pointing a gun at a random stranger and firing five shots.

NSFW (Violence & language):

Also, why are you bringing a rifle to a peaceful protest? If you think you need protection, then how safe is it? Or, why not conceal and carry a handgun? Check his logic.

12. HallGator

HallGator Senile Administrator Moderator VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Outer Limits

Where does it show him firing 5 shots?

• Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  13. stingbb

stingbb Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    The victim, Garrett Foster, made a really idiotic comment on Facebook regarding federal officers facing possible blindness by lasers aimed at them during protests. This post was from the day before he was shot. Something tells me he might have been looking for trouble when he brought his assault weapon to the protest the other night and unfortunately for him, he found it.

upload_2020-7-27_21-5-27.jpeg

• Winner Winner x 1
  14. FutureGatorMom

FutureGatorMom Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Florida
    I just saw a witness on tv, he said the car stopped at a stop sign and then accelerated through his turn and nearly ran over a group of people. People were banging on his windows and standing in front of the car. He said he was behind the car but off to the driver's side and saw the guy stick his arm out the window and shoot several times. He said the guy with the AK never fired a shot. Take it for what it's worth.

• Informative Informative x 3
  15. RIP

RIP VIP Member

Feb 2, 2015
    So he died instantly upon being shot? I'm not being argumentative just asking if you read that somewhere.

16. FutureGatorMom

FutureGatorMom Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Florida
    Sad either way, a young guy has lost his life.

17. LLCoolJ94

It doesn't sound like either of you have ever fired a gun before. The first 5 loud shots, those are from a rifle. How do I know? Well, I hope you can figure that out on your own. Those 3 MUCH quieter shots. Those are from a pistol. How do I know that? I refer you back to my previous statement.

There are also witness accounts that the people occupying the streets illegally surrounded the vehicle before any disturbance occurred.

Moreover, the person who fired the three rounds from the pistol called 911 once at a safe distance away to report the incident. In my experience, guilty people don't alert the authorities to their illegal activities.

18. LLCoolJ94

GF fired 5 times and missed with every round. Something tells me he never bothered to visit a range for target practice. He was not pronounced dead at the hospital.

19. LouisvilleGator

LouisvilleGator GC Hall of Fame

Oct 16, 2012
    Winner and still champion ...

20. HallGator

HallGator Senile Administrator Moderator VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Outer Limits
    In other words, you really don't know he fired the AK, you are just surmising it based on sound rather than actually seeing it.