Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Sometimes carrying a gun doesn't make you safer.

Discussion in 'GatorNana's Too Hot for Swamp Gas' started by l_boy, Jul 26, 2020.

1. metalcoater

metalcoater GC Legend

May 30, 2007
    He fired five rounds at the car.

• Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. HallGator

HallGator Senile Administrator Moderator VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Outer Limits
    Do you have a link for that?

3. scooterp

scooterp GC Legend

Feb 15, 2012
    Then don’t let your dumb ass break through a gate and enter a private community that is clearly marked private property.

• Come On Man Come On Man x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  4. gatorpika

gatorpika Premium Member

Sep 14, 2008
    Doesn't matter. Stay in your damn house and if someone breaks in then shoot them if you feel threatened. Don't pre-threaten them. Call the cops and tell them you are a rich white person that knows so and so and they will likely intervene and shoot a few of the protesters for you.

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. scooterp

scooterp GC Legend

Feb 15, 2012
    That’s funny. A month long assault on business’ and private property has been displayed all over TV & social media ...with police being instructed to stand down and a former cop was killed in THE SAME NEIGHBORHOOD just 11 days before, trying to protect a friends business and that’s your answer. Get real.

tell that to David Dorns family

• Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  6. gatorpika

gatorpika Premium Member

Sep 14, 2008
    I mean you might not agree with how stupid they acted, but think about it a different way. Is standing in your front yard waving a gun around and shouting at people your best tactical option? There are hundreds of people in front of you and you have no cover, so it's an easy way to get shot if someone wanted to kill you. If you retreat into the house you have cover. If you call the cops you have more armed people on your side coming to help. If you don't agitate the people outside then they are less likely to shoot at you, right?

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. RIP

RIP VIP Member

Feb 2, 2015
    Before or after he was shot at? Context matters. Also like Hall said a link would be nice (preferably with evidence to back it up).

8. metalcoater

metalcoater GC Legend

May 30, 2007
    I would assume before he was shot at it.

9. antny1

antny1 GC Legend

Dec 3, 2019
    The story i read was that there was a 2nd shooter in the crowd and not the deceased. It suggested the 2nd shooter opened fire as the car fled.

Now...i don't believe anything written as fact since truths have been skewed heavily time and time again in order to paint whatever respective picture that satisfies whatever respective side

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. AgingGator

AgingGator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 24, 2007
    Agree wholeheartedly. I had probably earned a Master’s in Stupid by the time I was a sophomore at UF. I have always prayed that my children would do less than 1% of the dangerous things I did.

That said, I have not seen ANY girls at ANY of these protests that would have motivated me to be stupid enough to go to one of them.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. RIP

RIP VIP Member

Feb 2, 2015
    Why?

12. gator_lawyer

gator_lawyer Premium Member

Oct 30, 2017
    Ask Philando Castile and Emantic Fitzgerald Bradford Jr.

• Winner Winner x 1
  13. metalcoater

metalcoater GC Legend

May 30, 2007
    Video on you tube of him being interviewed right before, and then as it happened. I do not how to link it.

14. metalcoater

metalcoater GC Legend

May 30, 2007
    Really? Figure it out.

• Come On Man Come On Man x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  15. StrangeGator

StrangeGator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Chicago
    I know that street and that block. It's a stretch to call it a private community. I've driven on that street coming in from a side street. They didn't break through the gate. It's never locked and even if it was, it's for the block and not for any individual. The street is fairly wide. Their property wasn't threatened. Their fragility was.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  16. WarDamnGator

WarDamnGator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    In the video, you can hear 5 shots being fired. The victim was hit 3 times. Unless he shot himself 3 times I don't see how all 5 shots could have come from him. I've read two stories on this so far and I don't see where it says the victim shot his weapon at all...

• Informative Informative x 1
  17. WarDamnGator

Apr 8, 2007
    I can't find a single report that the victim fired. The shooter claims he pointed his gun at him but witnesses have a different story.

Witnesses and police say that the motorist fired on Foster after he approached the vehicle, but there are conflicting reports about whether or not Foster did anything to threaten the driver.

Witnesses have told reporters that Foster kept his rifle pointed at the ground as he approached the vehicle, and that he was not the only protester carrying a firearm during the march. They say that the driver pointed a handgun through the car window and fired at Foster. Witness Michael Capochiano told the New York Times that Foster “was not aiming the gun or doing anything aggressive with the gun”:

Garrett Foster: Police investigate shooting at Austin Black Lives Matter protest

Hopefully the drive gets the chair or whatever they do in Texas.

18. kygator

kygator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    There was internet speculation that the guy who died shot 3 times and the guy in the car fired 2 shots. That was based on a difference in the sound of the 5 shots. The police said the guy who was shot never fired. It was the driver and someone else in the crowd. Like a lot of these chaotic situations, the information could change over time so I’ll hold off on calling it either murder or justified shooting.

• Like Like x 2
  19. WarDamnGator

Apr 8, 2007
    He was not holding it in an aggressive manner. I’m not sure if there was much of an exchange of words. It wasn’t like there was any sort of verbal altercations. He wasn’t charging at the car. He was just walking over there.

Manley said that the first person who appeared to fire was the driver, and then a second person (not Foster) opened fire on the car as it drove away. He said that police have heard from witnesses who had “several different versions of the incident” and that detectives are reviewing the “precise actions” of everyone involved. He asked for anyone with more information or footage of the event to come forward.

20. metalcoater

metalcoater GC Legend

May 30, 2007
    In the video I saw he looked like he was spoiling for a fight. He said (paraphrasing) If I get into with the cops I will be dead. These other loudmouth p****s aren't going to do anything. When you are fired upon and fire back, It will most likely by the first person with a gun.