Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Some things I heard today (June 29th).

Discussion in 'RayGator's Swamp Gas' started by mdfgator, Jun 29, 2018.

1. crl

crl GC Hall of Fame

Nov 8, 2008
    ... to the owners of this website. Talk about the ultimate clickbait. Those posters keeping the faithful's hopes up were manna from heaven for them.

2. tommyvee

tommyvee GC Hall of Fame

May 16, 2007
    You guys bitching about hikackings do realize that you are hijacking the thread as well, right? #smh

On topic...would we give Nuss credit if Trask starts and ends up not being a total bust? I sure hope so.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  3. DieAGator

DieAGator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    I have to say no credit to Nuss because it will be Coach Mullen's system and development. Under Nuss he rides the pine and we sit in wonder watching his offense work.

When Austin Appleby fun n gunned Iowa I thought Nuss had some real promise after all but that faded as Trask sat on the bench and Franks struggled in the system.

4. INGATORSWETRUST

INGATORSWETRUST GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    Florida
    Nuss could not get offense in field goal position to let Piniero win close games last year. Texas A & M game just required a 4th quarter field goal to win. He and Mac let Will Grier leave. They let Driskel transfer. Could have worked to have both stay. Both were better options than backups

• Winner Winner x 2
  5. propagator

propagator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    The thread that all others will be judged against

6. Notoriousgator

Notoriousgator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Dont forget the 1 point loss to lsu. I dont think we crossed midfield after the missed xp. That was pathetic.

• Agree Agree x 5
  7. dkgator

dkgator Junior

Apr 3, 2007
    Who was worse? Doug Nussmeier or Lynn Amedee? A very difficult question.

8. Notoriousgator

Apr 3, 2007
    Nuss. I dont know who amedee is.

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. crl

crl GC Hall of Fame

Nov 8, 2008
    If you did, you would not have chosen Nuss. That's how bad he was in his brief stint. And that was having Emmitt Smith to work with. :confused:

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  10. Notoriousgator

Apr 3, 2007
    Wow, thats a strong statement. That guy mustve been horrific. If youre worse than Nuss and pease than you shouldnt be a coach.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. crl

crl GC Hall of Fame

Nov 8, 2008
    He shouldn't have been. :mad: :)

• Funny Funny x 1
  12. DoctorGator

DoctorGator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 9, 2007
    The thing about Amadee was that, unlike Nuss, he had actually had success as an OC in the past at aTm. Unfortunately, also unlike Nuss, Amadee stuck the proverbial knife in the back of every HC he ever worked for, trying to get the head job for himself. He blistered Galen Hall to anyone that would listen. The on-the-field performance of their two offenses were quite similar: terrible. I best remember Amadee for two things he said as OC at UF: 1) "Emmitt Smith makes a great decoy," and 2) "You win with formations". Seeing both in my rear view mirror is a good thing. Another equally bad OC was Whitey Jordan, who I believe succeeded the Amadeeville Horror, although by all accounts, Whitey was a good guy.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. Notoriousgator

Apr 3, 2007
    Wow. Thats some funny info right there. He tried to screw over every head coach that hired him? Unreal

Did he really say emmitt makes a great decoy or is that gator legend? Thats unbelievable too.

Thanks for the info. I know nothing of this guy.

14. cocodrilo

cocodrilo GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    And wasn't Hall supplementing Amadee's salary under the table? Didn't want to lose him!

15. ThePlayer

ThePlayer VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Ouch! :oops:

16. dkgator

dkgator Junior

Apr 3, 2007
    Dang, that’s some really damning information. All I remember about the Amedee Horror offense was that it seemed to go backwards more often than in the right direction. Scoring anything was like a miracle. Of course we had phenomenal defenses then, and they kept us in every game until the other team scored more than 10.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. themistocles

themistocles Premium Member

Apr 8, 2007
    Temple Terrace, FL
    Lynn Amedee in my mind. After all, he was working with a True Heisman QB in Grossman (who had the Heisman Stolen from him due to being a mere Soph in 2000 - recall that Tebow was the first ever Soph Heisman Winner), whereas Nuss was always working with unproven QBs, other than Appleby and Zaire and an injury killed Zaire.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Come On Man Come On Man x 1
  18. crl

crl GC Hall of Fame

Nov 8, 2008
    Them testicles. SMH. :D

19. Distant Gator

Distant Gator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 9, 2007
    Upstate, SC
    Wait- what? Lynn Amadee was our OC in 1988- when we had Emmitt Smith. He never coached Grossman. (perhaps you've been partaking of that cannabis and it's affected your memory.)

Zaunbrecher was Grossman's OC in 2002. Maybe that's what you meant.
    Amadee was the coach the last time we were shut out- October 29, 1988, vs Auburn, at Homecoming.

Our offenses under Amadee were probably worse than the last few years- if that can be believed.

One other fun fact about Amadee- Galen Hall (his HC) was paying him UNDER THE TABLE out of his own pocket.
    While the stupidity of paying extra for the worst Gator OC ever boggles the mind, it gets worse.
    Paying him like this was an NCAA violation- and it was one reason we were put on probation in 1990.

So yeah- Amadee for all time worst OC- not even close.

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. dkgator

dkgator Junior

Apr 3, 2007
    Who were our quarterbacks that year? Donald Douglas maybe?