Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Some Good News Coming

Discussion in 'Awesome Recruiting' started by candymanfromgc, Jul 23, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bazza

Bazza Premium Member

Jan 2, 2009
    New Smyrna Beach
    I'll take a picket to titsburgh, myself! :D

Gatorhead and tarponbro like this.
  2. TrueGator

TrueGator GC Hall of Fame

Nov 11, 2014
    Now, you're really bigging a dig hole for yourself. ;)

3. spike718

spike718 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 11, 2007
    i suppose I should have said we getting errrrbody to be more precise. Lol

tarponbro likes this.
  4. Wanne15

Wanne15 GC Hall of Fame

Jan 18, 2015
    Half a year, year and a half. When they sign is when it counts. The class will look a lot different come January. How good is up in the air for sure. Too early to worry though. Obviously unlikely as hell to be an outstanding class but still may be a good one.

5. sd_gator

sd_gator GC Legend

Jan 18, 2009
    Florbama
    Agree the nice thing about this kid is physically he is ready and only a JR! He should come in more than ready to go especially after savage gets ahold of him. Way better ALL-AROUND TE than Skinner. Skinner might be a better pure pass catcher but this kid is no slouch either. I would be fine just going with Hawkins as our 22 TE and Mac as our 23 TE. If Hawkins develops like we hope he can that will make a nasty TE combo. Mac at 6'4/6'5 250+ and Hawkins is like 6'7" can split either one out and have one inline cause all kinds of mismatches across the field. Hopefully we get some more good news this weekend!

Gatorrick22 and Wanne15 like this.
  6. gator7_5

gator7_5 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 9, 2007
    Too early to worry? If I worried about recruiting anymore, I'd be freaking out. For very good reason. With the addition of UT and Oklahoma, Mullen will have Uf squarely in 7th-9th place in the SEC in recruiting on a regular basis. That means zero chance at an Sec or National championship.

7. Wanne15

Wanne15 GC Hall of Fame

Jan 18, 2015
    We’ve won 3 in over 100 years. That’s more than most schools. All 9 of those schools probably feel national championships are their birthright too. I’m not worried about two more schools either. You have to beat them”all” anyway, that’s why they are so rare.
    What Bama is doing right now has never been done before and creates unrealistic expectations for fans. When the nil money starts rolling in for Bama players as it already has their qbs, no one will wonder why kids go there.
    I haven’t really heard of any of our players getting any life changing money yet.

8. crl

crl GC Hall of Fame

Nov 8, 2008
    Money has been "rolling in" to gump players for decades, especially the last one. That's why they've won so much. And the primary reason. Level the playing field for all schools and they would not be winning any nat champs IMO. Shithole school in a shithole place. Just in Alabama, AU in a way better location and would probably clean the gumps' clocks with a level playing field.

9. gator7_5

gator7_5 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 9, 2007
    Good grief.

10. gator_n_sc

gator_n_sc GC Hall of Fame

Oct 8, 2013
    Texas and Oklahoma are not joining the SEC. Donnie think, that Saban, coach O, Kirby smart, CDM, Jumbo are gonna sign off on that? There's no way they are gonna make their path to the title anymore difficult than it already is. And Jimbo certainly doesn't want to give up being the only SEC school in Texas.

11. stabnburn

stabnburn Junior

Sep 12, 2017
    They've already announced that they aren't renewing contracts with the Big 12 and have formally requested an invitation from Sankey, but sure. It's not happening.

12. gator_n_sc

Oct 8, 2013
    Sankey isn't the deciding factor, the majority of the coaches of other teams have to agree. If you were the other SEC coaches would you want them in.?

13. gator_n_sc

Oct 8, 2013
    Took this quote from an article from yesterday.

"If a move were to go through, that would give the SEC 16 members. Texas and Oklahoma would need a 75% majority vote from the current 14 schools if the process reached that point."

They would need 11 of the 14 SEC teams to sign off for it to happen. Then we would have to probably break the conference down into 4 pods of 4 teams. But even with that determining a conference winner that way would be difficult. IMO I don't see the teams in the SEC purposely making their goal even harder by adding Texas and Oklahoma to the conference.

14. stabnburn

stabnburn Junior

Sep 12, 2017
    You are absolutely out of your mind if you think the process got this far without the votes already being locked up.

And no, the coaches don't get a vote. They probably get some input, but not a vote.

15. bperkins10

bperkins10 GC Legend

May 25, 2007
    Illinois
    1. Coaches are not the ones voting
    2. They have been in talks for at least six months
    3. Because of the embarrassment that would happen, for everyone involved, if the SEC did not vote them in, there is no way this would be where it is if Sankey didn't know what the outcome was going to be.

Just my opinion.

tarponbro likes this.
  16. gator_n_sc

Oct 8, 2013
    Presidents get a vote and do yiu think the presidents won't take the voices of their top employees? Yiu don't think the pres at A&M won't listen to what jumbo thinks? Or the Bama and UGA pres won't listen to Saban or Kirby? There too much money at stake not too. Winning titles is big business that become harder once you add 2 more good teams.

Also they would have to wait till 2025 in order to.not have to pay $76 million Each for an early exit fee. That's 152 million combined. There's also rumors that if the SEC declines the ACC is an option for them. But the other big 12 presidents are having a meeting with ok and UT to find out why. It's probably they moreover. money. So many logistics to figure out Luke the long horn network. When the SEC already had the SEC network. Those 2 compete so which one will go bye bye? Texas gets a lot of money from their own network but the SEC schools all get a lot of money from the SEC network.

17. Wanne15

Wanne15 GC Hall of Fame

Jan 18, 2015
    It seems it will pass by a 13-1 vote

18. Chompsuey

Chompsuey Senior

Oct 17, 2011
    They won't wait until 2025. Expect them to be playing in 2022. 76 million is chump change compared to what is at stake adding them. If other members, kanas and west virginia, also leave the big 12 there won't be any monetary penalties.

19. gator_n_sc

Oct 8, 2013
    I have read that only A&M have publicly spoken out in opposition. Can't imagine the other teams are welcoming them with open arms.. lol in this case,, let's talk as if they will get in. Could this move cause more or less parity among the league? Could it cause troubles for Bama,UGA, LSU in regards to recruiting? It is an interesting concept to think about. Obviously OK being the better of the 2 teams but I also read about the possible realignment of the conference if we go to 16 teams and moving to a pod setup of 4 pods with 4 teams each. Interesting how that will go in regards to determining a conference champion.

20. thale410

thale410 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    This thing is done. It's all theater at this point.

They are 'honoring' their 2025 obligation, knowing full well the conference will implode and they can leave early with only nominal financial repercussions.

Recruiting is a wash, as Bama, LSU, UGA, already recruit against these teams.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.