Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Softball Transfer Portal

Discussion in 'GatorGrowl's Diamond Gators' started by wild4softball, Jun 22, 2022.

1. ocalaman

ocalaman GC Hall of Fame

Jun 30, 2018
    Volleyball is up to #3 in the rankings at 7-0 with 3 convincing wins over Top 10 teams. They play at 5-3 FSU Tuesday at 6 pm on the ACCN and then host #1 Wisconsin next Sunday at 3 pm on ESPN2. After that, conference play begins.

2. paidinfull

paidinfull GC Hall of Fame

Feb 22, 2017
    And neither are transfers?

3. ocalaman

ocalaman GC Hall of Fame

Jun 30, 2018
    Ariel is one of freshman signees.

4. paidinfull

Feb 22, 2017
    So is Keagan, but this is the transfer portal thread.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  5. ocalaman

ocalaman GC Hall of Fame

Jun 30, 2018
    I know. Kind of gotten off track, hasn't it? I've been talking volleyball.

• Funny Funny x 1
  6. paidinfull

Feb 22, 2017
    There’s a volleyball thread in the alley. :)

7. ocalaman

ocalaman GC Hall of Fame

Jun 30, 2018
    Yeah I know. I mainly talk soccer and volleyball on the Gators rivals message board. Somebody on this thread made mention of volleyball and I just had to jump in. Love Mary Wise.

• Like Like x 1
  8. ufgator72sb

ufgator72sb GC Legend

Aug 4, 2023
    I’m sorry I posted the girls in the wrong thread. I also verified the girls before I posted. Keagan and Liv both had the above picture on their IG Story and it came up on my IG feed simultaneously. They identified each other as being in the picture. I cropped the IDs off before the post. Again I apologize, I have three of the threads open and I picked the wrong one.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  9. scrappygator

scrappygator VIP Member

Jan 15, 2009
    Gainesville, FL
    According to sandman70, the field is lined, the bases are out, and the scoreboard is lighted. I have seen Smiley working on the dirt around home plate the last few days.
    Someone is coming or has. It could be a graduate transfer, an official visitor, or a member of the Class of 25.

• Like Like x 3
    • Informative Informative x 1
  10. tggator07

tggator07 Junior

Apr 26, 2022
    Ringem up CTW.

11. sweetpotato2

sweetpotato2 GC Legend

May 5, 2023
    Also posted this in the ongoing page

12. johnny_cakes

johnny_cakes GC Hall of Fame

Apr 2, 2017
    KSP Stadium
    Once a Gator, always a Gator. I wish her well.

I wish we knew more about the behind-the-scenes. With softball being an equivalency sport, perhaps the scholarship money dried up for Pollard and she couldn't afford to stay. It would be very short-sighted to leave UF -- a top-five university -- just for more playing time elsewhere. It's not like there's a big professional payday at the end of the softball rainbow like there can be in football.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  13. scrappygator

scrappygator VIP Member

Jan 15, 2009
    Gainesville, FL
    I hate to see her leave. But I think she saw the handwriting on the wall. She was getting passed up.

I know this is blasphemy to many, but what I saw in practices and games led me to that conclusion.

• Agree Agree x 2
  14. johnny_cakes

johnny_cakes GC Hall of Fame

Apr 2, 2017
    KSP Stadium
    You've seen more practices than anyone -- RU saying that from what you saw, you think she should have been given a bigger role than she seemed to be getting?

If my daughter played for UF and CTW told her that she was going to sit on the bench all year and the only time she'd be on the field was to help Smiley, I'd tell her stay. No question. She could laugh all the way to the bank for the rest of her life having earned a prestigious UF degree.

15. ocalaman

ocalaman GC Hall of Fame

Jun 30, 2018
    I truly hate to see Pollard go. She came in highly touted, but I think it was back issues last year that slowed her down and kept her off the field for much of the season. With the transfers and freshmen, she must have seen that she wasn't going to start. Just hope she leaves the SEC and doesn't come back to haunt us down the road.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  16. scrappygator

scrappygator VIP Member

Jan 15, 2009
    Gainesville, FL
    I am saying she was not getting the reps that others, including freshmen and transfers, were.
    Ocala is right; she fell behind because of injury, but to me, she did not catch up to the other players.

• Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  17. ocalaman

ocalaman GC Hall of Fame

Jun 30, 2018
    I just looked back and Pollard was the #4 rated player in her class by Extra Innings Softball. She was a big time get when we signed her.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. ufgator72sb

ufgator72sb GC Legend

Aug 4, 2023
    This one devastates me. I really liked how she hit. She is a gap hitter. Her back injury definitely put her behind. Unfortunately for her we have a lot of candidates for 3B, Mia will be at second and some at short. Reagan will be at 2B, 1B and DP. There is a host of players in RF. She wasn’t going to see SS much. I just hated it that she is leaving. Best of luck Lefty, I will certainly miss you.

• Agree Agree x 3
  19. rickjs1

rickjs1 Premium Member

Jan 6, 2023
    I am quite certain her parents are quite well off so I highly doubt that had anything to do with it. I'm in the boat where I think she sensed in the fall, and probably was more clearly told in exit interviews after the fall season was done that playing time would be questionable. If that is the case, and it is a very strong "if", Walton must have a ton of confidence in the newcomers because Lefty is a solid player. This hits me very deeply. Lefty committed to UF many years ago and never waivered. I followed her very closely for several years before she got to UF. Feels like I lost a daughter but I'm in her corner no matter what she does.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  20. sweetpotato2

sweetpotato2 GC Legend

May 5, 2023
    A reply in her tweet said …” a lot of girls want out..”
    I know it was rough on and most likely off the field.but other than the ones who transferred out. I don’t think anyone left wants out. but of course I’m a fan and don’t have any relationships with players or coaches. Or know anything that’s going on behind the scenes