Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

So what are you up to, nbn...

Discussion in 'Nuttin' but Net' started by akaGatorhoops, Mar 18, 2020.

1. akaGatorhoops

akaGatorhoops VIP Member GC Columnist

Apr 10, 2007
    Certainly not hoops related, but not much is.
    If you’re anything like me... you’re searching for outlets. And this forum has always been one.
    So, lets see what you’re up to.

we are currently at an Everglades national park... just wandering around on our own.

Last edited: May 24, 2020
    • Like Like x 14
  2. gatorbogey

gatorbogey GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    s. e. florida
    At work, in between tasks, checking NBN posts...and corona news of the day.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. oragator1

oragator1 Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Working from home at least through next week. stocked up for food, but gonna get out of the house today just to see it’s really out there :).

• Informative Informative x 1
  4. twodaparty

twodaparty GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Watching my retirement money plummet as idiots sell off in a panic.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  5. exiledgator

exiledgator Gruntled

Jan 5, 2010
    Maine
    Working from home while trying to home school a 3rd and 5th grader and hoping my wife doesn't bring anything home from the hospital/work.

In other words: losing my mind.

Also, edibles and bourbon at night.

• Like Like x 2
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  6. g8rboy

g8rboy VIP Member

Apr 10, 2007
    Spring Hill, FL
    running my store.
    golfing 2 or 3 times a week.
    playing with the kids.
    hitting eddie v's for some food. :)

• Like Like x 1
  7. gatordavisl

gatordavisl VIP Member

Apr 8, 2007
    northern MN
    Building online course materials and sharing them with students. Playing music and doing yoga daily. Overseeing a NbN virtual tournament. Please see the stickied thread and complete a bracket! We may not have a real tourney, but we can certainly have interesting discussion around a virtual tourney.

Ohh, and like @exiledgator, bourbon at night! :emoji_tumbler_glass:

• Like Like x 2
  8. gatorbogey

gatorbogey GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    s. e. florida
    Now is the time to buy!

• Like Like x 1
  9. regurgigator

regurgigator VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Seattle area
    Beautiful girls, aka!

The wife and I are mostly staying home here in Washington state, except for a shopping trip here and there. Watching movies (Ford Versus Ferrari is pretty good!), tv shows, and coronavirus news. Listening to music. My wife keeps cooking huge meals apparently designed to make me even fatter. Trying to do more reading. (I need to get through A Farewell To Arms so I can get to a juicier - I hope - new Steven King book. :cool:) I've got a pile of unread books.

• Like Like x 2
  10. gatorinmi

gatorinmi GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    Staring out the window.

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. Gatorhead

Gatorhead GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Philadelphia
    AKA - You look like Danny Wuerffel in that pic!
    Those kids are cuties!!

I'm fortunate, still working (we have a 3 person staff).

Cancelled the SEC tourney (I was hoping to meet you and some other Gators there) and now Spring Break
    is a dud, were going to Savannah, Gainesville, Orlando but those plans have been dashed too.

Well keep your bow "up", the lures in the water and
    may fish gather for AKA , family and friends!

• Like Like x 1
  12. GatorPlanet

GatorPlanet GC Hall of Fame

Apr 15, 2007
    Maitland, FL
    Working from home for the foreseeable future. Set up the dining room as my office. Missing the NCAAT badly. Withdrawal pains.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  13. GatorLurker

GatorLurker GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    I recently ended up with a two year old miniature Australian shepherd (long story) and this dog needs A LOT of exercise. Probably averaging 8 miles of walking per day. I should have my 24 year old son walk her because she is a total chick magnet and I am happily married and old so it doesn't do me any good.

While I am retired from UF I have been mentoring a senior design project that I now am doing via remote control. On Monday I will take over a class from a colleague going on medical leave not related to covid-19. I have to get up to speed on Zoom between now and then. I have no problem with being totally on top of the material and knowing how to teach it as I have taught that course many times and the content hasn't changed in the last few years. I still have to plan out the rest of the semester and figure out how I am going to administer exams. The compensation will be well below the aggravation level and certainly well below my consulting rate, but you got to do the right thing sometimes.

• Like Like x 2
    • Best Post Ever Best Post Ever x 1
  14. gatordavisl

gatordavisl VIP Member

Apr 8, 2007
    northern MN
    Obviously got their looks from their mom. :devil:

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. HallGator

HallGator Senile Administrator Moderator VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Outer Limits
    Still working some. Not a whole lot different than I usually do except for the big hole where basketball would be right now.

• Like Like x 1
  16. gatordavisl

gatordavisl VIP Member

Apr 8, 2007
    northern MN
    Always great to have a bada$$ like you on the net board. Congrats on the shepherd. They are super smart and made "for the job," so it's understandable that your dog needs lots of activities. It's fun to hear about your advisement and picking up a class out of retirement for a colleague.

UF uses Canvas. Do you know if your colleague has set up a course Canvas site? That will be a great platform for you to host materials on and otherwise communicate w the students. I still teach a little online for UF (master degree projects & I know all about the scant compensation ;)). Zoom is super easy. The acct you create should dial in to your UFL email. Will you teach lectures synchronously?

I'm geeking out on this stuff, because the last week has been all about screencasting, video development, Google doc'ing, etc.

17. HallGator

Apr 3, 2007
    Outer Limits
    A bit off topic but since there is talk about school work I thought I'd add something.

On the way home from work today I went by the high school and it started me thinking about the kids who are supposed to graduate this year. What a total bummer for them in what would have been one of the biggest memories of their lives they may not get to experience it in its entirety.

• Agree Agree x 3
  18. akaGatorhoops

Apr 10, 2007
    yeah- as you know, I live a block from Majory Stoneman Douglas. This year’s graduating class has had a horrifically sad high school career.

Last edited: Mar 18, 2020
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  19. akaGatorhoops

Apr 10, 2007
    back at ya!

as to Danny... funny you say that. At the final 4 in Dallas, there was a guy who was convinced I was Danny. He apparently worked for his ministry and knew him well.... and I still had to show him my ID to convince him differently.

• Funny Funny x 4
  20. HallGator

Apr 3, 2007
    Outer Limits
    Thanks for reminding me as I had forgotten about where you live. High school years should be looked back upon with fondness not for the horror they endured. This on top of it just sucks big time

• Agree Agree x 2