Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

So what’s new in DuhSantistan?

Discussion in 'Too Hot for Swamp Gas' started by jjgator55, May 18, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gatornharlem

gatornharlem GC Legend

Dec 16, 2018
    New York City
    So with more environmental deregulations and growth management controlled by Republicans who are being paid by big businesses, more forests will be chopped down and paved over.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. gatornharlem

gatornharlem GC Legend

Dec 16, 2018
    New York City
    DeSantis calls it like he wants conservative voters to see it. He will say whatever that will boost his 2024 campaign and keep him in the headlines. And he will say it in front of a privileged conservative group and media.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. gatornharlem

gatornharlem GC Legend

Dec 16, 2018
    New York City
    Unless they are transgender, gay, pregnant women, Mexican, Muslim, wearing a mask, or a young Black man wearing a hoodie...

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  4. G8trGr8t

G8trGr8t Premium Member

Aug 26, 2008
    Petty, punitive, close minded, never admits he is wrong, labels ad demeans opposition, not things you want in a leader

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. tampajack1

tampajack1 Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    You left out the Jews, the cripples, the POWs, the poor, the tired and the huddled masses.

• Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
  6. gator95

gator95 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007

Look, I get it, it’s the Dems job to call anyone on the right the “the next trump”. It’s lazy and doesn’t fit at all. But hey, back to the bashing…

7. gator95

gator95 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007

So you have nothing to add but the dem talking points. Thanks, but we don’t need anymore of that garbage. DeSantis isn’t like trump in most ways. It’s why Florida is turning red. If you don’t like it you can move to Ca of Ny. No one else seems to be moving to those places. Wonder why…

8. tampagtr

tampagtr VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    I wonder what to make of these. Oh yeah, I forgot. These refusals to enforce laws are justifiable based upon the principle that power should be concentrated in institutions where whiteness is paramount. My bad.

Brevard Sheriff Wayne Ivey embraces right-wing law enforcement ideology

Ivey is one of at least five Florida sheriffs with overt ties to the Constitutional Sheriffs movement. A foundational belief of the movement is the notion that sheriffs stand above the courts, above the president of United States and other authorities in interpreting the meaning of the many provisions of the U.S. Constitution.

Simply put, they say, sheriffs are the ultimate authority on what is and what is not constitutional, allowing them to interpret and implement the law as they see fit.

At a recent meeting of a gun rights group, Seminole County Sheriff Dennis Lemma was asked during a Q&A whether he would enforce an assault weapons ban.

Specifically, he was asked about a proposed constitutional amendment’s provision that would allow people who currently own such weapons to keep them, but only if they registered the firearm.

“It’s not only that I wouldn’t, the majority of sheriffs across the state would not do it,” the sheriff responded. In other words, he would not uphold his oath to the state constitution. The crowd ate it up.

Sheriffs swear an oath to uphold the entire Constitution, not just the parts they like | Editorial

The Florida Sheriffs Association signed a proclamation last week that says the state’s sheriffs will not “assist, support or condone” any law that infringes on second amendment rights. However, legal experts say the sheriffs are overstepping their boundaries.

Lee County Sheriff Mike Scott says he and other sheriffs have a right to not enforce laws they don’t agree with.

“We don’t currently enforce laws based on what someone else tells us to enforce,” Scott says. “We deploy our resources—precious, by the way, resources, in this economy
    —the way we see best to preserve the peace and dignity of the community that we are charged with.”

https://news.wgcu.org/law-and-order/2013-02-05/florida-sheriffs-say-they-wont-enforce-any-new-gun-laws

The sheriff in a central Florida COVID-19 hot spot has issued a directive prohibiting deputies, staff and visitors to department offices from wearing protective face masks, an order that came as a local mayor and city council squared off over a mask ordinance for businesses.

Marion County Sheriff Billy Woods sent an email Tuesday informing the approximately 900 people working in the department that "when you are on-duty/working as my employee and representing my Office – masks will not be worn," the Ocala Star-Banner reports.

Florida Sheriff Orders Deputies And Staff Not To Wear Face Masks

• Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  9. jjgator55

jjgator55 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    I agree with you. DeSantis was a Trumper when being a Trumper wasn’t cool with republicans.

• Winner Winner x 1
    • Come On Man Come On Man x 1
  10. gator95

gator95 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Lazy and untrue statement. Not surprised though.

11. BobK89

BobK89 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 9, 2007
    Tampa, FL
    And the newest FL Supreme Court Justice has the bare minimum of experience (10 years as a member of the Bar). Another political appointment for Dear Leader.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  12. VAg8r1

VAg8r1 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    Actually, Ron DeSantis victory over Adam Putnam in the 2018 Republican primary was among the first elections to demonstrate the influence of the Orange One in the Republican Party. Prior to the endorsement of Trump Adam Putnam a more mainstream Republican was the favorite to win the nomination. Following Trump's endorsement, Ron "I want to be like Don" DeSantis took the lead and ended up winning the nomination. When he ran in 2018 both in the primary campaign as well as in the general election, his focus was almost entirely on the mutual admiration between himself and Trump rather than on substantive policy.
    Some articles from 2018.
    Poll shows Trump endorsement gives DeSantis an edge in Florida governor’s race
    Trump campaigns for Ron DeSantis (and himself) in Tampa
    DeSantis Touts Trump Endorsement in Announcing Florida Governor Run - Roll Call
    Trump strengthens grip on the GOP as Ron DeSantis triumphs in Florida governor primary
    I would concede that after DeSantis won the nomination he did have some minor differences with Trump but nothing really significant.

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. gator95

gator95 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    So you have nothing that states DeSantis is just like trump. Thanks for proving my point.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  14. VAg8r1

VAg8r1 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    Not directly, but ask yourself would Trump support any candidate who disagreed with him? They could different positions on some minor issue but never anything significant.

15. intimigator1

intimigator1 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    Male' Maldives
    I like to pop by at times to see the new headaches many here create here due to lack of day to day life skills. The one i note with you is your inability to see trending. Desantis is in my opinion just a Trump clone and is just like Trump in being directed by others for the same end result. Both of them are equal fools There is no bad liberal or bad conservative in this...they (Trump/Desantis) are motivated to own you and are so far successfully controlling the very short life we have been given.
    Argue all you choose but if you bite into a mindset of complete acceptance of a person that has full intention of being your ultimate leader then nobody owes you any respect for your thoughts.

16. gator95

gator95 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Show me where I think DeSantis is infallible. I'll wait. There have been many things i've disagreed with DeSantis on. But those comparing Trump to DeSantis are taking the lazy route, just like you did. Be better.

17. gator95

gator95 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Of course DeSantis wasn't going to yell "i don't accept the support of the President of the US". Come on man, you're better than that.

18. intimigator1

intimigator1 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    Male' Maldives
    You look in the mirror. No longer do i play that game. Its your life and your opinion. I dont debate anymore because it is a worthless cause. Trump needs you and others to defend his actions and Desantis is simply his protege. Clarity is when one can see common actions and this is clear. Fyi..whatever fight all of you are fighting will you please identify it all on your own because Daddy Trump is not going to be around to destroy our country. Desantis is merely playing a role that a faction of Trump backers choose. He isnt bright enough to pull this off alone.

19. gator_lawyer

gator_lawyer VIP Member

Oct 30, 2017
    Went to a now-defunct law school that was one of the worst in the country when she attended, didn't do particularly well there, didn't do anything in practice that was particularly noteworthy, and wasn't an impressive trial court judge. Nice to have friends in the right places. Something tells me she'll repay her benefactors, especially when her ethics seem dubious.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  20. gator95

gator95 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Dude, read more, post less. I've never voted for trump. not in 16 or in 20. It literally blows your whole little rant up. Good job. Congrats on looking foolish.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.