Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

So long Nana's Too Hot!!!

Discussion in 'GatorNana's Too Hot for Swamp Gas' started by Bushmaster, Feb 5, 2020.

1. Spurffelbow833

Spurffelbow833 GC Hall of Fame

Jan 9, 2009
    He posted something just today.

• Like Like x 2
  2. GatorRade

GatorRade Rad Scientist Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Also, attacks on Obama were rarely personal? What about how he was liberal elite? Or not really black? Or born in Kenya? Or a Muslim? Or the most arrogant president ever? And he was absolutely compared to non-human apes as well. And so was Michelle. Hell, we still have posters calling Michelle a man.

Chem, I think you’re having one of these of “good old days” memories where you remember the Apple
    Pie and forget the lynchings.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. flgator2

flgator2 GC Legend

Apr 3, 2007

Stalker

• Funny Funny x 3
  4. HallGator

HallGator Senile Mod Moderator VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Outer Limits
    That they did. For awhile Holly and I were the only active mods on this forum and it could get crazy.

• Informative Informative x 1
  5. BLING

BLING GC Hall of Fame

Apr 16, 2007
    This is pretty much a fabrication of your own mind. Bush had like 90% approval rating after 9/11. That doesn't mean there weren't any people against him, during the Bush vs. Gore controversy I'm sure there were a bunch of people pissed and reacting accordingly, but considering 9/11 that didn't last long. According to the numbers, the vast majority were giving him far more slack that he ended up deserving. I bet alot of people who are probably branded "far left liberals" (LOL), like me now, actually voted for Bush in 2000 - so even before 9/11 were actually in Bush's camp. The turn happened when he invaded Iraq, as many of us saw through the BS that Iraq was some sort of imminent threat to us with their "WMD's", then on top of this the financial crisis happened - the guy went out the door with an approval in the 20's. So truly only deranged partisan hacks were left "defending" Bush at the end, and these hacks of course went straight into the mode that the financial crisis was Obama's doing, seriously... i recall a guy on here that was adamant the market crashed because it "anticipated" Obama. There is no depths to the delusion of some, and most of these types have no problem going down into the gutter on race discussions either...

I liked McCain plenty, wasn't going to vote for him after Bush (and with his position on Iran, which was bom-bom-bu-bomb Iran) - but I had total disdain for the ignorance of Sarah Palin that some freaks in the "tea party" movement saw as refreshing. As if a person exhibiting total ignorance is "refreshing" for our politics - that woman wasn't just an outsider to "politics", she was an outsider to facts and basic middle school level history. You can pretty much draw a straight line from this movement to Trump, because the Republican party has largely converted itself into a group of anti-science, anti-govt, bigots. That is what the GOP represents today, maybe some that are in the party aren't seeing it, or take some weird satisfaction in trolling around the fringes of what that means, or you have guys like Romney hanging on to the delusion that the old traditional Republican party that represented actual "conservative" thought can be saved, but there is no denying the direction it has gone.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Come On Man Come On Man x 2
  6. rivergator

rivergator Too Hot Mod Moderator

Apr 8, 2007
    Guys, as Hall already pointed out, this isn’t the thread for the same old left/right discussion while so posters are enjoying the nostalgia of days and posters past. Please take that to other threads. thanks

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. OklahomaGator

OklahomaGator Jedi Administrator Moderator VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Miami, OK
    It was the late summer of 2014 when we started as mods on Too Hot.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. rivergator

Apr 8, 2007
    Speaking of great posters, I always thought that CJGator (I might have missed a letter in there) was about the most solid poster we had for quite awhile. At least among the conservative posters.;)

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  9. tilly

tilly Superhero Mod. Fast witted. Bulletproof posts. Moderator VIP Member

River liked = RINO ;)

• Funny Funny x 4
  10. rivergator

Apr 8, 2007
    Most solid conservative poster ... along with Tilly, I meant.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  11. OaktownGator

OaktownGator Guardian of the GC Galaxy Moderator VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    All my best to you, Rick. Stay strong and take care of yourself.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  12. cocodrilo

cocodrilo GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    Whatever happened to cocodrilo? Anyone know? I can't remember the last time he posted.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
    • Off-topic Off-topic x 1
  13. gatorPUNX

gatorPUNX GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    glad he's gone, what a bum

• Funny Funny x 2
  14. intimigator1

intimigator1 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    Male' Maldives
    I never liked anything Bushmaster said...and he should admit I was 100 percent right about Bush and his homemade war. But that was then and now I actually like seeing him post.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 7, 2020
  15. OklahomaGator

OklahomaGator Jedi Administrator Moderator VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Miami, OK
    Flipcup??

16. tilly

tilly Superhero Mod. Fast witted. Bulletproof posts. Moderator VIP Member

Great...now I am a RINO. ;)

• Funny Funny x 3
  17. lacuna

lacuna The Conscience of Too Hot Moderator VIP Member

Apr 8, 2007
    Redlands, Colorado
    Pretty sure he meant G8rMatt. I'll PM you details later.

18. Gatorrick22

Gatorrick22 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Thank you for those kind words, Oak.

19. g8trjax

g8trjax GC Hall of Fame

Jun 1, 2007
    Show off. :p

• Funny Funny x 1
  20. WESGATORS

WESGATORS Moderator VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Rename this thread "memory lane." Anybody remember the political battles between PD and srmanuel? PD and Burke used to get into it quite a bit; there could not be two more opposing political views (AnnArbor may have been a bit more extreme). wda99 is another one that existed way back in the day.

In terms of the discussions of the President, I see those getting more harsh each term. Saying it's because O'Bama was "black" or because Trump is another level of (insert your preferred adjective here) doesn't really change that. But I can see why people might see this differently.

As for "snowflakes" they exist in every political viewpoint. Thick skin doesn't have a party affiliation.

I do believe Truman has re-appeared, but I have no idea if that name was covered in one of the others that Mutz mentioned.

TennesseeNole eventually changed his name to TN, but again, I'm not sure if he ever re-surfaced as anything else.

Go GATORS!
    ,WESGATORS

• Like Like x 2