Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

So are we not going to talk about Chris Cuomo Fredo thing?

Discussion in 'Too Hot for Swamp Gas' started by CaptUSMCNole, Aug 13, 2019.

1. Bazza

Bazza GC Hall of Fame

Jan 2, 2009
    New Smyrna Beach
    [​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 11
  2. gatorpa

gatorpa GC Hall of Fame

Sep 5, 2010
    East Coast of FL
    Sure, is it cool to have mobs of people at your house shouting you or you family down because who you support?
    How about if they don't like your yard sign, is it cool for them to shout you down as you pull into your house.

If so be glad for the most part the right doesn't show up enmasse wearing the equivalent of vagina hats.

They are certainly degrees of acceptable behavior, I think that's what some posters are trying to explain, but I think you get that.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. mdgator05

mdgator05 Premium Member

Dec 9, 2010
    A lot of fear here. I am not sure how somebody shouts you down from driving. And people are allowed to protest. We even have an amendment about it. The first one, in fact. Sorry that you don't like the implications of that one.

But there was quite a bit of consternation about individuals approaching other individuals at restaurants last year to insult them. That is exactly what happened here. Outrage from the right isn't really too strong of a word. I see much less outrage out of the same folks here.

4. wgbgator

wgbgator Extremely Online Premium Member

I'd like to meet the person that has the time and persuasiveness to organize a "shout down" protest over a random person's yard sign.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  5. gatorknights

gatorknights GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    Gainesville, FL
    Now that is funny, I have a problem with his older brother because his brilliant HVCC put thousands and thousands of appraisers out of business while sitting on the board of the AMC that benefited from said HVCC. Under the ridiculous guise of "protecting the public". More like protecting his own and his buddie's interests. Sounds familiar these days, doesn't it? ;)

Chris was out of line on this Fredo thing, he has to keep it together when cameras are around, he has to know better.

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. gatorpa

gatorpa GC Hall of Fame

Sep 5, 2010
    East Coast of FL
    Boy you're mincing words today.
    They are camped outside your house and surround you when you get out of your car, or when your kids pull up. Which the I don't think the 1rst gives you the right to accost people just because you don't like their political view points, the left seems too use it as a tool to beat down counter viewpoints IMHO. Some on the left seem to love the 1rst until your don't agree with them.

No fear just watching what's on the MSM man. People getting assaulted for wearing a damn hat for one.

I don't put out yard signs anymore, when Mitt ran I had someone decide to drive 15 feet up into my yard to run it over, and that was in an upper middle class neighborhood off the beaten path. The Mrs. talked me out of setting up a nice spiked tire trap for the punk.

I'd rather not get into a confrontation with some asshat thank you.

7. mdgator05

mdgator05 Premium Member

Dec 9, 2010
    Actually, it does. If you are in a public area, people are allowed to walk up to you and tell you something, as long as it isn't a threat of violence or some other illegal activity. Pretty much the core purpose of the 1st Amendment.

Assaulting a person is a different thing. However, it is interesting that your fear arises from the people who were assaulted for the hat and not the media members assaulted by now members of Congress or the WalMart patrons that were shot because they were viewed as invaders, as stated by the President. Or the people in a Synagogue that were shot because of Replacement Theory, which is being spread by another member of Congress as well as several major right-wing media figures.

And that is against the law. Big difference between somebody doing something completely within the law (which includes insulting you in a public place) and breaking the law.

• Winner Winner x 1
  8. wgbgator

wgbgator Extremely Online Premium Member

Yeah, you actually definitely have the right to "accost" people non-violently (and provided they aren't on private property or in violation of a relevant law) just because you don't like their political views, that's your 1st amendment freedom baby. You wear your Trump hat in public and get called a fascist, that's freedom at work. Ain't it beautiful?

9. GatorNorth

GatorNorth Premium Member Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Atlanta
    That's a bad look for Cuomo.

He's been a public figure long enough to know he should just shut his yap and move on. Dropping F bomb after F bomb isn't the answer.

• Agree Agree x 7
  10. BobK89

BobK89 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 9, 2007
    Tampa, FL
    YOU had to straighten my brother out?!

• Like Like x 2
    • Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  11. Tjgators

Tjgators Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    I agree and believe the young men were cowards for baiting him in public. Wouldn't bother me one bit if they had their asses kicked.

These young guys wouldn't have looked so bad if they would have replied "I have zero interest in suing you. I'm sorry if I offended you Fredo".

Cuomo is a clown. I cannot believe he is employed... even if it is CNN.

• Funny Funny x 1
  12. G8trGr8t

G8trGr8t Premium Member

Aug 26, 2008
    Sounded like alcohol fueled courage to me.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Bazza

Bazza GC Hall of Fame

Jan 2, 2009
    New Smyrna Beach
    Or steroids....I heard he's a fitness nut.

14. duchen

duchen VIP Member

Nov 25, 2017
    Calling someone Pocahontas is OK. Telling supporters you will pay for their lawyers if they beat someone is a reason to vote for someone for president. Or remain silent about it. Being called an epithet and blowing your cork is wrong if you are a commentator on CNN.

• Winner Winner x 3
  15. GatorJMDZ

GatorJMDZ gatorjack VIP Member Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    I guess Tucker Carlson already lost one of those bouts.

16. tampajack1

tampajack1 Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Show us something that would indicate that it’s well known.

17. gatorpika

gatorpika Premium Member

Sep 14, 2008
    It was more than that. He threatened bodily harm to the other dude. The surprising thing is CNN's response was that they were 100% behind their ratings generator without any qualification like "this network doesn't generally condone throwing people down the stairs". This is like straight out of Ybor City on 2 for 1 shots night, not the actions of some dude that supposed to be credibly informing us about the political world.

18. tampajack1

Apr 3, 2007
    Actually, Cuomo is a beast at 6’3” and a muscular 240 pounds. He’s also a damn good journalist.

19. tampajack1

Apr 3, 2007

20. gatorpika

gatorpika Premium Member

Sep 14, 2008
    He's not a journalist, he's a talking head. He isn't bad TBH, but his I'm such a badass routine and telling everyone he has the #1 show on CNN 10 times an hour is off putting. Dude has insecurity issues.