Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Since no one else is going to ask..how many 5 star players do we have a shot at?

Discussion in 'Awesome Recruiting' started by G8tas, Jul 20, 2019.

1. antny

antny GC Hall of Fame

May 28, 2007
    It's fun...watching some grown men have tantrums over recruiting....

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  2. graylon

graylon VIP Member

Sep 27, 2018
    What good is a quarterback if he cant throw it accurately to him... Bell could potentially come in a makes some plays right now.. it's going to take a while before Richarson is ready to throw the ball... not just bell but we have some pretty receivers and they are as useless as tits on a boar if it takes the qb 3 years to learn to throw

• Disagree Disagree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Come On Man Come On Man x 1
  3. graylon

graylon VIP Member

Sep 27, 2018

I really hope so... I just look at offenses like Alabama and Clemson with they went to guys that were better throwers of the ball instead of better runners... we have that kind of talent at reciever and tight end... CLEMSON AND ALABAMA'S OFFENSE EXPLODED AS SOON AS THEY WENT FROM HURTS AND KELLY TO LAWRENCE AND TUA...

Kelly is as about as good as I see Richardson being... I TRULY HOPE IM WRONG

Last edited: Jul 21, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Juggernautz

Juggernautz Don't tread on me! VIP Member

Apr 17, 2007
    Yulee, FL
    I've got 5 *****'s

:devil::devil::devil::devil::devil:

5. CalGator

CalGator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 11, 2007
    It's almost as much fun watching other grown men attacking and taking personal shots at the grown men throwing their tantrums (im not accusing you of this). Because that makes things better.

Off topic..... LOVE the bikes. With a 2 year old I'm not getting on either of mine nearly enough but got to fit a little ride in today. :)

• Like Like x 1
  6. antny

antny GC Hall of Fame

May 28, 2007
    Thanks. Just put new tires on today. Need to scrub them in but it is too hot. Love year round riding in Florida but our roads sure are boring

7. kryptonite

kryptonite GC Legend

Dec 12, 2008
    Yes, Richardson may not turn out like those two, but we may not see a recruit as good as those two in another five years, and CDM's offense doesn't need them to be really hard to stop.

• Like Like x 1
  8. pd_gator

pd_gator GC Hall of Fame

Oct 6, 2013
    Florida
    Just to clarify AR wants to be a Gator, but you'd rather have Bell.... Who may pick Muschamp????? If there's any statement that shows we're all glad you're not the HC or involved with UF recruiting, that's it!

9. Tito22

Tito22 GC Hall of Fame

May 13, 2007

10. pd_gator

pd_gator GC Hall of Fame

Oct 6, 2013
    Florida
    You can "come on man" me all you want. lol. But AR was praised all week at the Elite 11, was Bell? Bell de-commits and rumors he'll play for SC, for Muschamp. . . who doesn't know offense if it hits him in the face... But Bell is more desirable. Smfh

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. GameTime1

GameTime1 GC Legend

Jul 27, 2015
    I dont believe this accurately reflects positional importance. You are correct, it usually takes a QB longer to develop. But having the right QB is probably the most important thing in football. Your post also doesn't take into account other QBs on the roster who can take advantage of our receivers until AR develops.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  12. GATOR_4Life

GATOR_4Life All American

Aug 16, 2010
    Marietta, Ga
    wait 3-4 years, if AR sticks with the program, he's going to be talked about the way people talk about Dak.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  13. Tito22

Tito22 GC Hall of Fame

May 13, 2007
    I gave you the "come on man" because of your "AR wants to be a Gator" comment. It was very Mcelwanian of you. It sounded like you just want players who want to be Gators vs wanting great players.

As far as AR goes, Mullen has a track record of producing QB's so if he wants AR, then Mullen sees something in him and I can live with that. I don't even know who the hell Bell is.

14. Nicho

Nicho GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    I'm super confused. Bell is not a QB, so why are we talking about him in relation to AR?

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  15. 1975Gator

1975Gator Senior

Jan 5, 2012
    Pretty sure SOS said we only want players who want to be Gators long before Mcelwain

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  16. Nicho

Nicho GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Personally, I don't think it's that much different than grown men having a tantrum over a team full of 18-22 year olds playing a sport. I admit I've been guilty of both, but some folks act like only one of these is somehow acceptable and properly manly. News flash: your man card is no less flimsy than anybody else's.

• Like Like x 1
  17. DieAGator

DieAGator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Hoping for a season similar to last season. If we are fortunate enough to suffer only 2 loss again CDM should gain a lot of credibility.

• Agree Agree x 2
  18. candymanfromgc

candymanfromgc Moderator VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Pretty tough schedule IMO. SEC East, LSU and Auburn out of the west and scUM and the holes from the ACC.

• Agree Agree x 2
  19. goneagaingator

goneagaingator GC Hall of Fame

Sep 13, 2012
    Baltimore, Maryland
    Unless Florida is able to surprise and flip an unexpected 5-star, it doesn’t look like they’ll sign any.

The bigger issue for the Gators, is the lack of presence they have with the state’s top players - especially with Miami and FSU down. Florida has three commitments from the top-25 players instate, one of which may have an extremely difficult time qualifying (Manuel). I suspect UF will also have to battle to keep Wingo.

20. graylon

graylon VIP Member

Sep 27, 2018

I wasnt really talking about need at position more so about the star ratings of who I would rather take... Bell is a 3 star who could helps us right now... Richardson is a 4 star who is going to take some time to develope...in my opinion you find a quarterback similar to Richardson but Bell has rare athleticism and you can do a lot of things with him...

Jalon Jones was the same type of qb as Richardson...