Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

SI: How Did Texas Miss Out on Seven In-State First Round Draft Picks?

Discussion in 'RayGator's Swamp Gas' started by LLCoolJ94, May 23, 2020.

1. SwampBrody

SwampBrody All American

Nov 13, 2008
    So do we

• Winner Winner x 1
  2. blackbird68

blackbird68 VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    As stated by SwampBrody we do as well. It is inconceivable that with FSU, Miami and Florida a good number, and I might say even most five star recruits in Florida are poached by Alabama, Clemson, Georgia, and even Ohio State.

3. LLCoolJ94

LLCoolJ94 GC Hall of Fame

That is precisely the reason I posted it here. I think this is not news for anybody who follows UF football and recruiting enough to post on this message board. Obviously, this was not lost on you both.

So, for a refreshing change of pace, I thought it might be nice to look at this same phenomenon occurring in other parts of the country as well.

I wonder whether we'll see an increased trend on SoCal players going other places as well, such as Oregon.

4. hawaiigator

hawaiigator Junior

Sep 9, 2018
    Might see a trend of the SoCal kids signing somewhere but mama is gonna call them back before their seasons start

5. spincycle81

spincycle81 All American

Oct 10, 2015
    With social media, smartphones, video calls, and everything else we have, things are way different even from when I was in high school, and I'm only 31. I can only imagine how much harder it was to go out of state for college when some of you guys were younger :D

The game's changed guys, home turf is still an advantage but nothing close to what it used to be

6. phideltdj

phideltdj GC Hall of Fame

Aug 7, 2007
    I think a lot of that trend started when schools started relocating family members of recruits by giving them jobs and a place to live so that distance away from family would not be an issue. Some schools have been way ahead of the creative curve when it comes to recruiting and some have yet to catch up.