Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

SI Article: Gators OT Target Michael Uini Releases Top 6, Includes Florida

Discussion in 'Awesome Recruiting' started by ETGator, May 27, 2023.

1. ETGator

ETGator Long-Time Gator Stuck In East Tennessee Moderator VIP Member

Sep 15, 2007
    • Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. oragator1

oragator1 Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    This will be a good test case to see if the OL coaches can land a top 150 OT prospect.

3. kryptonite

kryptonite GC Hall of Fame

Dec 12, 2008
    They could theoretically be great OL recruiters and still not get a top 150 because there are few top 150 OT and most top rated OT stay in their geographical area if there are top football schools around and sadly the state of Florida does not have top OT talent this year and most years.

4. Gatorrick22

Gatorrick22 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    I posted this link in the Awesome Recruiting forum last Sunday. Thanks for the link, ET.. I had to look him up. What are our chances with this man-ster?

5. Gatorhead

Gatorhead GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Philadelphia
    Uini would be a big time get!

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. gatordadx2

gatordadx2 Premium Member

Dec 24, 2017
    Have you not learned? We cannot have nice things.....yet

• Funny Funny x 1
  7. Gatorhead

Gatorhead GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Philadelphia
    Hi GD2 -
    As a Gator fan (All Sports) I am pleased by a great weekend. Baseball is headed to Omaha, Track and Golf National titles, Golden just scored a HUGE commitment.

I'm not going to let one de-commit ruin an otherwise fantastic weekend. Besides we did pick up a juco recruit.

I also belive that the last two weekends will prove productive in the future.

I am not immune to frustration regarding the current realities of UF football. No illusions here.

After consecutive 6-7 seasons, every recruiting or transfer portal loss is magnified, especially against UGA.
    I cringe to think of the microscopes waiting to dissect every play down to the DNA level this fall.

I guess that's why SEC coaches make 7+ million a year.

Me? OK I bought into CBN's 8 point plan, talk of developing boys into men, in
    a focused Gator family on a mission.

And he comes across as a person of high integrity with an eye for football talent.

Count me in as one of those that think it's worth it to give that vision at least 3 to 4 seasons barring catastrophic on or off field circumstances.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  8. gatorfanbill

gatorfanbill All American

Feb 7, 2018
    Hey MICHAEL. come play for
    The Florida Gators!

We want YOU!

• Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  9. kryptonite

Dec 12, 2008
    It must be weird for our 6'5" OL to get into their first team meetings and feel short.

10. bobbybaker86

bobbybaker86 GC Hall of Fame

Sep 4, 2017
    For me personally, this is a guy that if we were to get, it changes EVERYTHING on the OL. The wheels start turning on OL HS recruiting. You got a very good piece(s) in Kearney and Harris last cycle, got Williams yesterday and if we can nab him Uini.....watch out!

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. kryptonite

Dec 12, 2008
    I think that shows us where our recruiting is at. I don't know that it shows how much better the roster is athletically or talent wise. I like Willimas, Uini, Edwin. All of those guys seem to have good agility with that size and weight. They fit the profile of an OT for our OL coaches. But I don't think any of them are going to be doing that Evan Neal box jump any time soon. How much better one is going to be than the others is really just conjecture, so seeing the difference in rankings really makes you wonder what gets some bigs so much higher ranked than others. On only the top few of OT is it really obvious.