Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

SI Article: DJ Lagway Recruiting 'Class That Will Change' the Florida Gators

Discussion in 'Awesome Recruiting' started by ETGator, Jun 7, 2023.

1. bobbybaker86

bobbybaker86 GC Hall of Fame

Sep 4, 2017
    nope and i don’t anticipate it either. Dont think a season like we had last year deters him either

• Like Like x 1
    • Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
  2. Gatorhead

Gatorhead GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Philadelphia
    I don't like to think that a young man whom has worked so hard on a recruiting class walks away from it when it's 2/3 built, with many of those (probably all) kids, personally recruited by DJ himself.

I also think Dabos strong interest is a clear indicator that we have a great QB coming to GAINESVILLE.

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. Crusher

Crusher GC Hall of Fame

Apr 19, 2007
    I'm more of the old school "would you jump off a bridge just because all your friends are doing it" ilk.

• Funny Funny x 1
  4. Crusher

Crusher GC Hall of Fame

Apr 19, 2007
    Yep, my Pops always used to say "actions speak louder than words." Didn't we just have a 1000% committed, shut down recruit flip to UGa? What you see on twitter has about as much meaning as what you don't....AND don't forget to "respect my decision." :D

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. bobbybaker86

Sep 4, 2017
    nah Bowens never said his recruitment was shut down to his “credit”. He did say he was “locked in” but he did mention he was gonna visit UGA

• Funny Funny x 1
  6. bobbybaker86

Sep 4, 2017
    IF lagway were to ever look around, I’d think the 3 schools we beat out for him (A&M, Clemson, USCw) would be the ones as they havent signed a QB. Well A&M has a QB commit but they’d push em out for Lagway in a heartbeat lol

7. Crusher

Crusher GC Hall of Fame

Apr 19, 2007
    Shut-down, locked in, to-may-to, to-mah-to. What 99% of these guys say on twitter is about as serious as what brand of breakfast cereal they had in the AM.

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. Gatorhead

Gatorhead GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Philadelphia
    Watched a BAMA podcaster do an ENTIRE SHOW on DJ yesterday. ON DJ!

Guy was showing serious mancrush / fan love for our QB!

Was saying things like: Start this kid immediately, he is the entire package and the real deal!

I know many of you watch ALOT of film. What impresses me about DJ is how he moves his feet, avoids pressure by sliding around in the pocket, with a cool demeanor, always scanning the field.

His running ability is impressive too. Kid is sturdy, he ain't no bean pole, he looks like he is built to take some punishment.

Elite 11 is fine and all that, but hardly a "true" indicator of what a QB will do when suited up, under pressure.

I have not been so excited about a QB since Tebow.

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  9. bobbybaker86

Sep 4, 2017
    not saying take whatever they say as 100% and take it the bank, but in Bowens defense, he did say well in advance he was visiting UGA. That’s all im saying so im flipping wasnt a surprise.