Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

(TEN) Shout Out to Coach Hoc!

Discussion in 'Alligator Alley (other sports)' started by apkgator, May 23, 2021.

1. apkgator

apkgator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Congrats Coach! It's been a long long road and you've been there for countless matches leading up to this.

Enjoy a special night with the guys

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. GatorChoice

GatorChoice GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    Wesley Chapel, Florida
    Thanks for sharing your insight here, coach. Congrats!

• Like Like x 1
  3. GatorPlanet

GatorPlanet GC Hall of Fame

Apr 15, 2007
    Maitland, FL
    Congratulations, Gators!!!

4. gatorstevelp

gatorstevelp Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Thought on the make-up of team for next year since there were quite a few seniors?

5. apkgator

apkgator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Only Ingildsen and Berdusco participated in senior day....if that holds we will be insanely deep and talented again. Two signees that look good, especially the Shelbayh kid

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  6. hocgators

hocgators Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Thanks fellow gators. I have dedicated the last twenty years to the acquistion of a national championship for gator men's tennis. My roles have changed but my intent never did, as I wanted to see this program assume the national position the state University in Florida deserved. A dream came true for me and many others last Saturday night and I will cherish that event for the rest of my life.
    As for next year, as Apkgator stated due to the extra year tennis athletes were granted due to Covid-19, the supposed seniors will be here for another year. We have signed THREE players for next year. Two of them are known and the third will be announced more officially soon. Let me put it this way, if everyone eligible to return follows through, and we bring these three new players into the fold come August, the Florida Gator Men's Tennis team will be even stronger than this year. How does that sound!

• Winner x 5
    • Best Post Ever x 3
    • Like x 2
    • Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
    • Optimistic x 1
  7. BurkeGator

BurkeGator Senior

Aug 28, 2015
    Mind Blown! Thanks coach.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. iowagator

iowagator VIP Member

Sounds like Champaign should be on my travel schedule for next May!!

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. apkgator

apkgator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Now I have to try and figure out the mystery signee lol......you did this to me with Riffice too!

10. bigDgator

bigDgator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    I couldn’t be more proud, and I couldn’t be more impressed watching the post match interviews about the culture that the team has built. It certainly is impressive and hope to see it continue for the foreseeable future.
    Congrat’s coach!

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. BurkeGator

BurkeGator Senior

Aug 28, 2015
    I will take a shot at this. Assuming it is not an international William Mroz perhaps? Or Aidan Mayo? 2 highly ranked HS seniors who apparently have not committed anywhere. At least not publicly.

12. apkgator

apkgator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Mroz would have been my total guess. But it could be virtually anyone

13. hocgators

hocgators Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Nope not the one Apkgator. I will give you a hint next week, as I don't want to say anything towards the future until the NCAA Individual Tournament is over.

• Informative Informative x 1
  14. hocgators

hocgators Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Aiden Mayo is turning pro but any college team would have loved to have him! Another tidbit about Mayo is his family is very close to the Riffice family. In fact Aiden's older brother grew up playing with Sam Riffice. If he had any intention of playing college tennis, I think we would have had a great chance to land him. But that is not going to happen since he is moving on to the ATP level.

Last edited: May 26, 2021
  15. hocgators

hocgators Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    If everything works out the third addition to the squad will not be a freshman.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  16. apkgator

apkgator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Now that's a juicy tidbit....a transfer is an interesting move

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. hocgators

hocgators Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Okay, okay I will give you a hint on the third addition to our class in the fall. He is the better half of twins that play for a major tennis school. More next week.

18. apkgator

apkgator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Man, I'm drawing a blank. I can't even find where the Cacciatore twins ended up, left UF for USF then disappeared.
    I think Berdusco has a brother at Northwestern, not a twin.

19. BurkeGator

BurkeGator Senior

Aug 28, 2015
    OK with this new info I am going with Maxence Bertimon who sat out this past season at VCU and has a twin brother Charles on the team. Maxence appears to be the better of the two. I would have gone with the Zane Khan of Delray Beach who has a twin brother Faris on the Duke roster but Zane appears to have turned pro out of HS.

20. G2MGA

G2MGA GC Legend

Aug 30, 2007
    Didn't they already announce the transfer back in the fall?

Assuming it's still accurate and I guess so as he does have a twin brother at UM, seems like a solid addition. Career high NCAA doubles ranking of #2 would seem to fill one of the very few needs for this team.