Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Should UF Pursue Bowens?

Discussion in 'Awesome Recruiting' started by doctorg8r, Aug 7, 2023.

1. bobbybaker86

bobbybaker86 GC Hall of Fame

Sep 4, 2017
    I'm with you. And Chauncey plays a position where those egos are super fragile. Allowing him to lie to the staff about being 100% locked in, only to flip to UGA...yea you may have to let that ride. I say that because you also don't want Kahnen Daniels to start feeling any sort of way about that either. He's been locked in since committed, hasn't visited anywhere else outside of his OV to Michigan State, and shut down his recruitment. To allow Bowens back could make Daniels feel like less of a priority and could lead to him looking around and then you're out of both RB's you had committed.

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Like Like x 4
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
  2. Skink

Skink GC Hall of Fame

Interesting hypothetical Bobby — I’d be inclined to agree, but what if he made that 1000000% promise and then trolled us again? That would be downright humiliating, and he’s demonstrated the willingness to pull such a stunt before. I still say bye dude - if you’re really serious come to us a year from now in the portal and we’ll see if we have room

• Best Post Ever Best Post Ever x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  3. fredgarvin

fredgarvin Senior

Oct 3, 2020
    Has Bowens expressed any interest in returning to the good guys? Lots of speculation for something that may not be possible.

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. Skink

Skink GC Hall of Fame

It’s the off season

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  5. bobbybaker86

Sep 4, 2017
    nah he wasn’t…we’re just making the decision easier for the staff lol

• Funny Funny x 5
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. kryptonite

kryptonite GC Hall of Fame

Dec 12, 2008
    But Daniels committed after Bowens, knowing we were taking two RB. How could that affect Daniels, other than if the coaches told him later we were now taking just one? Did Bowens ever say he shut down his recruitment when he was committed to us? I agree that we value Daniels but he knew we wanted two (if they were the right ones). I like that the coaches aren't just grasping at straws to plug holes and only taking top tier guys.

• Like Like x 1
  7. bobbybaker86

Sep 4, 2017
    yea while Bowens never said his commitment was shut down (iirc) when he committed to UF, the week of his OV to UGA he was on campus at UF for a 7v7 tourney and said he was 100% locked in with UF then the flip was made official. I used only Bowens as my example because of how he played the staff and if he tried to come back, that could rub Daniels the wrong way. This just me spit balling

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  8. tommyvee

tommyvee GC Hall of Fame

May 16, 2007
    You mean spinning plates as cars whizz by him at 95 mph?

• Winner Winner x 1
  9. paidinfull

paidinfull GC Hall of Fame

Feb 22, 2017
    95? That’s just off idle in a trackhawk.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Wish I would have said that Wish I would have said that x 1
  10. Gatorhead

Gatorhead GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Philadelphia
    Why I hate when kids do this. I get that situations change. I also get that it's a mark of one's (poor) character to TROLL a school you were previously committed to.

Very bad look in life, sports or business, IMO.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Winner Winner x 3
  11. bobbybaker86

Sep 4, 2017
    Especially, in this case, when UF was the first "big time" school really on him like that.

If UGA flat out, out recruited UF and he wanted to flip to UGA, then do so with GRACE. Prior to flipping, there would have been nothing wrong with saying "I'm committed to UF, but UGA has given me things to think about etc etc", don't claim to be 100% locked in and then flip.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  12. Gatorhead

Gatorhead GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Philadelphia
    Agree - There is a respectful way to decommit and flip without shaming oneself. Kid just alienated the entire UF fan base.

You never know when you have to move to Florida / apply for a job or want to date a gal whose dad and mom went to UF.

Sometimes arrogance comes back to one in spades.

• Agree Agree x 4
  13. Gatorrick22

Gatorrick22 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    We tried that UGA recruiting style once and... same thing... out of control program was the result.

However, if the coaches want him then so do I.

14. lizardbreath

lizardbreath GC Hall of Fame

Aug 30, 2017
    Pace, FL
    Am I correct that this whole deal about Bowen "flipping back to UF/do we still want him now?" discussion is pure speculation based on some guys playing "what if" on some rando fan site? Imagine that, encountering much ado about nothing on the internet. Who'da thunk it?

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  15. fredgarvin

fredgarvin Senior

Oct 3, 2020
    Thus my previous post. Dude hasn't said anything about it, yet we have this thread...

16. 4RoswellGators

4RoswellGators GC Legend

Apr 3, 2007
    Yep.
    We have a bunch of elite players committed, just a few targets left, we're bored and ready for the season to start. So....for the next few weeks we'll run with any internet rumor to fill the void.

Do we really believe Napier was thinking of a plan to flip Bowens after Frazier committed to UGA earlier in the week? I doubt Bowens even crossed Napier's mind. But I'm bored so I gave it some thought on his behalf.

• Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
  17. lizardbreath

lizardbreath GC Hall of Fame

Aug 30, 2017
    Pace, FL
    I understand the fever dreams of the rapidly approaching FB season quite well. But WTH goes on in developing the relationships between these kids, BN and staff is beyond me. Hell...I can't even comprehend the twitter posts by some of the younger guys and come away with anything more than a vague idea about what they were talking about.

• Funny Funny x 1
  18. Contra

Contra GC Hall of Fame

May 15, 2023
    I bet the thought of keeping a full court press on Filsaime was on his mind after Bolden committed to FSU, Heyward committed to UCF, and Woodwood flipped to Bama. I'll feel a lot better when Filsaime drops the tweet about shutting his recruitment down 100%.

19. Crusher

Crusher GC Hall of Fame

Apr 19, 2007
    Personally, I would feel a lot better if he tweeted out that he was shutting it down 1000%, or heck maybe even 10,000% :rolleyes:

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  20. scooterp

scooterp GC Hall of Fame

Feb 15, 2012
    Ya’ll are worried about the wrong dude. He’s good

• Funny Funny x 1