Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Selfishness derails the UF-FSU rivalry (Bianchi Commentary)

Discussion in 'RayGator's Swamp Gas' started by gatorjjh, Aug 2, 2020.

1. BanditGator

BanditGator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 11, 2007
    He is 100% correct. This mess is totally driven by cash. There will be tragedy, people talk about how wonderful and in shape these 20-year-old young men are. They overlook the ones who are over 300 pounds, not to mention so many others...refs, grounds crew, the older coaches etc. I don’t even need to get into it ...common sense will tell you this is a tragedy waiting to happen

• Come On Man Come On Man x 2
  2. TrueGator

TrueGator GC Hall of Fame

Nov 11, 2014
    The group that is flaring in the state right now IS the people in their 20's. So, they're already out their doing high-risk things. In fact, 21 is the most common new case age right now in the state. I will agree that the great majority of 300-pound kids are anything but healthy.

3. Claygator

Claygator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 11, 2007
    Ehh...not sure about that. I think those boys are plenty healthy, at least insofar as they don't have the sorts of diseases that causes corona problems. And, the majority of the players are super healthy and don't weigh 300 pounds. BUT... I agree it is all about money. If we even have a football season, what is wrong with an 8 game SEC schedule and FSU? Eff the SEC's bs plan to help the gumps out by adding two more SEC games.

4. TrueGator

TrueGator GC Hall of Fame

Nov 11, 2014
    Completely agree with your schedule thoughts. Also agree that most athletes on the field are ultra-healthy, especially under our S&C system. But, if obesity is one of the major underlying conditions that increase vulnerability, as we have heard, then, I would still guess that the majority of OL across the nation would fall into that category by medical standards.

5. Skink

Skink GC Hall of Fame

No shit. What a stupid mistake. Careless

6. maxgator

maxgator VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Ignorant?

7. Skink

Skink GC Hall of Fame

Well, they had Fred Biletnikoff, Burt Reynolds, and Lee Corso....

...and they.......no, I guess that’s about it

• Like Like x 1
  8. Skink

Skink GC Hall of Fame

That too

9. grantgator

grantgator Sophomore

Apr 11, 2007
    Orlando
    I think this really came down to the SEC being able to control and adjust the schedule as needed without having to involve another conference. They have far more flexibility to move games, bye weeks, etc. if they have 100% control of the schedule. I think this gives us the best chance of actually having the most games played this Fall.

Aside from delaying the start of the season, this allows every team to have 2 bye weeks. Thanksgiving weekend would be in the middle of the SEC schedule this year, not at the end.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Skink

Skink GC Hall of Fame

Blame China

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. GatorBowl1969

GatorBowl1969 Sophomore

Jul 4, 2011
    Go Gators!:D[/QUOT
    You are correct. Blame them for all of this mess.

• Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1