Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

See ya stupid ass Eleven!

Discussion in 'Diamond Gators' started by TJtheGator, Jun 20, 2019.

1. gatorfan5220

gatorfan5220 Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    I appreciate your effort to make better people out of us.

I ordered a statue of you to put in my front yard.

• Funny Funny x 5
  2. SeniorLifter

SeniorLifter VIP Member

Jun 16, 2016
    When playing in college(1979), my senior year, and Martin’s last as an assistant coach, he went out of his way to say some really nice things to me. Now, that is just a moment, and I can assure you I did not ever “root” for the Semi’s until his final run. I never hope Georgia or FSU wins, does not matter the sport, but Martin deserved one last hurrah.
    Now that I shared my Coach Nice Guy story, 74 you have a totally different view. Care to share? PM?
    The other thing is why didn’t Junior get named HC during the season? Why and what reason(s)? Unless absolutely guaranteed the position I would have a difficult time accepting it.

3. TJtheGator

TJtheGator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Orlando, FL
    Naming him HC during season would have been blatant clear nepotism. It would have inflamed critics from all sides.

This way they at least appear to have have had semblance of a half-ass effort at a coaching search. There are even statements from Johnson and Grifol. We all know it was a farce.

Again, Tallahassee good ol boy politics at its finest.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  4. WESGATORS

WESGATORS Moderator VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    I couldn't imagine where to look to see if their fans have ever said anything negative about Mary Wise, and presumably, if they had, it would be a couple that would want a figurative (hopefully) blimp to crash and kill all involved. I would hope nobody would take offense by any such content or presume that it in any way seriously represents a significant portion of their fan base. I would be extremely surprised if they didn't have anybody looking for Mary Wise to fail each and every time she coaches in an NCAA Tournament in her bid to win her first title. I'd rather them root against her than for her, we're rivals, that's just the way it's supposed to be. It's sports, we can't take too much of this stuff too seriously.

Go GATORS!
    ,WESGATORS

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Best Post Ever Best Post Ever x 1
  5. GatorLurker

GatorLurker VIP Member

Apr 8, 2007
    When you look up "class" in the dictionary there is a picture of Mary Wise.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Best Post Ever Best Post Ever x 1
  6. SeniorLifter

SeniorLifter VIP Member

Jun 16, 2016
    Gotcha, thank.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  7. BrianUF5220

BrianUF5220 Junior

Feb 2, 2015
    Ft Lauderdale, FL
    I agree 100% and love the fact that she is a Gator, But....

If she was a Seminole, and everything else was exactly the same (same records and success) and she was in her final season and made it to the Final Four, I would take as much (almost) joy in her losing as Martin.

I take joy in FSU losing at everything. I never ever want them to win anything.

I wanted them to lose at GA and LSU because that gave them a chance for a dream ending, but in hindsight, it really was the perfect scenario that he goes one more time, and does not get the job done!

And TJ is my hero.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  8. TJtheGator

TJtheGator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Orlando, FL
    My hate for the Holes is but a reaction to their actions. They should look in the mirror and ask themselves why.