Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

See ya stupid ass Eleven!

Discussion in 'Diamond Gators' started by TJtheGator, Jun 20, 2019.

1. jdgator

jdgator VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    No doubt. We could provide a few interesting stories from the years. However, I’m saying let’s take the high road at this point. The man had a wonderful career that no one ( re wins) will surpass.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  2. TJtheGator

TJtheGator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Orlando, FL
    More Metro titles in 13 years than ACC titles in 27 years.

His stats are full of filler and fluff.

The only stats that matter:

1) LOSING record against UF

2) Zero rings

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. WESGATORS

WESGATORS Moderator VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    I'm just here for the jokes. I get the discouragement of name calling and what not. But things like LOOR (or is it LOTR) are funny acronyms to me. Baseball is not popular enough for anybody to worry about what a couple of posters are saying about Martin on a relatively sparsely visited message board forum. So encourage others to "be classy" for their own benefit, not because it might not reflect well on GATOR nation.

I've always enjoyed their baseball fans, and that includes some of the same folks you only see once a year on a Tuesday night at the Mac. But I would be disappointed if their road was too high to enjoy any time when our season came to an end; it's only fair that we pay them the same respect that we would ask for in enjoying theirs. My only dilemma now is who to root for between Michigan and Texas Tech in recognition of their service to GATOR nation. :)

Go GATORS!
    ,WESGATORS

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Best Post Ever Best Post Ever x 1
  4. insuragator

insuragator Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    I guess my beef is more with the announcers and how they try to 'soap opera' his retirement. Give him the gold watch and let us watch baseball.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  5. BobK89

BobK89 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 9, 2007
    Tampa, FL
    BOOM!!!

6. 74nole

74nole GC Hall of Fame

Apr 9, 2007
    Marianna, Fl

SHA-KA-LA-KA-LA-KA........BOOM!!!

7. UF67ee

UF67ee GC Legend

Jul 9, 2007
    I say to all the old coaches.......... give a younger guy a shot and job.....young guys need jobs too...... you've made your millions..how many million do you need? move on. Greedy!!

8. The_Graygator

The_Graygator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 11, 2007
    I'll be rooting for TT, but Michigan will send them home imo.

9. BA69MA72

BA69MA72 All American

Apr 8, 2007
    It’s not the announcers. The behind the scenes folks-producer, asst producers, directors, establish the themes and storylines. Announcers talk about what they are told to talk about

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. 74nole

74nole GC Hall of Fame

Apr 9, 2007
    Marianna, Fl
    Yes, you are correct—I just wish that a few of them (KP, Ben McD, Larry Walker)would clear their throats and call “bullsh!t” on that crap (at least enough to keep the focus on the game)—

But again, you are correct, it is all about how they want to spend their money—

11. jdgator

jdgator VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Mike Martin Jr will be announced by end of next week.

• Informative Informative x 1
  12. 74nole

74nole GC Hall of Fame

Apr 9, 2007
    Marianna, Fl

jd—

It’s looked like that for some time now as quite as “11’s” replacement topic has been (at least to me)—

I’ll say it again—you get what you pay for......

13. jdgator

jdgator VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Actually will be early next week.

• Informative Informative x 1
  14. GatorLurker

GatorLurker VIP Member

Apr 8, 2007

• Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  15. cudagator

cudagator Sophomore

Feb 22, 2017
    I enjoy watching the CWS and the WCWS mainly because the Gators are there. This year was a letdown. Having to, once again listen to Beth Mowins and Eduardo Perez can push one to consider offing oneself.

How in God’s name do these two keep their jobs. They are always talking while action is taking place and Perez has spent most of this year’s broadcasts kissing #11’s ass. Not to speak of his defensive philosophies, which are garbage.

Please let’s all unite and say that we are “ mad as hell and we aren’t going to take it anymore”. ( A line in the movie Network by Albert Finney for those of you who are younger ).

16. 74nole

74nole GC Hall of Fame

Apr 9, 2007
    Marianna, Fl

LOL—

cuda—Perez couldn’t play dead in a cowboy movie—

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  17. GatorLurker

GatorLurker VIP Member

Apr 8, 2007
    The only thing that Eduardo Perez knows about pitching is that it is hard to hit.

• Wish I would have said that Wish I would have said that x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  18. jpullen

jpullen Junior

Apr 3, 2007
    Tallahassee
    After a Nationwide search, they will promote 5 1/2 as new head corch. It’s the Tallycrappy way! Done in city government all the time. That’s why we have had FBI parked at city hall for years and more and more corruption uncovered every day.

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  19. gtr2x

gtr2x GC Hall of Fame

Aug 21, 2007
    No dilemma at all for me. Tech all the way. I know too many obnoxious mich fans and only one TT fan that taught there. Don't think it matters either way, vandy looks to be on a roll.

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. TJtheGator

TJtheGator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Orlando, FL
    Yes, nothing but nepotism, good-ol-boy-ism, coach-in-waiting for 20 years, etc.

Lets assume for a second that it does happen. Why hasn’t he been targeted for a HC job before, even at a place like FIU, FAU, Georgia Southern, Troy, etc.?

22 years is more than enough time for an assistant to catch someone’s eye and get an offer. Was his father selfish enough to not let him go? Was he stupid enough not to take an offer? Who on the FSU administration would have guaranteed the HC job however many years ago they offered it in order to keep him around? Jimbo only waited 3 years and you know he was the HC those 3 years in everything but the title. No way Eleven ceded as much control as Blobbah.

Nothing but a career assistant, who will be approximately 46-47 years old when he coaches his first game as a head man.