Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

SEC Commissioners comments today

Discussion in 'RayGator's Swamp Gas' started by Gatorhead, Jul 28, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ecogator

ecogator Moderator VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Ocala
    It is a lot better on the paid boards and we moderators are more diligent about shutting those down who can not seem to follow the rules. Politics belongs in the forums designed for political discourse. Not in the forums that are set aside for discussions on Gator athletics. I feel certain that if I started a thread proclaiming UF as the greatest university on the planet some posters would find a way to turn it into a liberal diatribe on Covid 19.

2. pcamera01

pcamera01 GC Legend

Jul 21, 2020
    Or a Trump basing thread

• Come On Man Come On Man x 1
  3. Skink

Skink GC Hall of Fame

How do you know which video I’m talking about?

Tea Party production?

4. GatorTodd

GatorTodd GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
  5. Skink

Skink GC Hall of Fame

No frigging idea what that 100 million people reference is about - but I’ve said my piece and would only be repeating myself by continuing on with you. I hope you can get over your blind Trump hate and open your eyes, ears, and mind to what’s going on before November.

.....and as of this final post @gatordavisl, this thread still isn't locked :cool:

6. mkfgator

mkfgator Senior

Aug 28, 2019
    Very interesting comments. If any one of us look through all these posts, there is so much to learn. So many excellent points and opinions on this thread. Getting back to the subject, I can't help but think this is the mental ping pong match the folks at the SEC, BIG 10, ACC , MLB, NBA and even the CIA must be grappling with. Everywhere you look, there is a rock one on side and a hard place on the other. You are damned if you do and damned if you don't. It is the same dilemma our political leaders have to confront also. So what do they do? I thought all along Spring of 2021 was going to be a hell of a Spring for sports fans. I can't see college football starting before then. When in doubt, and there is plenty of it, postpone and be patient. I don't know but that has to at least be a topic of discussion among the commissioners and the powers that be in each conference. And regardless of the immunities or bravados of these 18 yr old kids, when it comes down to nut cutting time, parents and kids will strongly consider schools where the virus is not as rampant--unlike Miami --which seems to be hosting an Ebola party any month now.So one of the best things UF can do in recruiting is stay healthy.
    As a viewer of all these great posts, the one theme I notice is there is an underlying feeling of lack of credibility in the info we have received regarding this. One death is one too many. I don't need stats to tell me how bad this is or can be. On the other hand, we naturally compare. The bottom line we see here is the same thing we see as sports fans reading the Sunday paper: the media seems to be perennially bored and makes every bee swarm look like an alien invasion a la War of the Worlds or Independence Day. I think we are all intelligent enough to know to take this seriously. I don't need the sad piano music every 15 minutes on every commercial or the constant barrage of information about this. There is a lot of information not being reported. This COVID thing is as much a testament of the power of how "figures never lie but liars always figure" as it is about the stark reality that, in the end, people really have died. But at some point , the constant barrage of info waters down the effect of the warning. Just like the goofy ass Weather Channel heroes who stand in the middle of the ocean in the midst of a hurricane to prove water rises during these big storms. No shit! However, the fact he's there makes me think it ain't so bad. If it were that bad, he would just say " Hello. I'm getting the hell out of here before I die. Goodbye." I think that would be a more effective warning.

• Best Post Ever Best Post Ever x 1
  7. vaxcardinal

vaxcardinal GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    well we had a great football team in 1984 ;)

8. vaxcardinal

vaxcardinal GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    I dont think the CIA is looking at closing down because of the virus.

• Funny Funny x 1
  9. gatordavisl

gatordavisl VIP Member

Apr 8, 2007
    northern MN
    I don't think it is politically driven, but you and I will not likely agree about that. As for what I found funny, it was this portion of your post.
    Now that, in my mind, is indeed hilarious. Thanks for the kind words, skink. We may think differently about that which is to be unmentioned on this particular forum, but I also enjoy your posts. And as for the thread getting locked . . . give it time.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  10. mkfgator

mkfgator Senior

Aug 28, 2019
    tongue meet cheek

11. lwg8tr

lwg8tr GC Legend

Same scientists who said a BLM rally with or without masks were ok, that was a public health risk worth taking. The fact the "scientists" can't make up their mind on masks or keeping kids home from school. I agree with the some of the sentiments here, the sheep are in control, they watch CNN\MSNBC and blue checks on Twitter sand think they are smarter and nuanced than us knuckledragger white men.

Do you want me to destroy you with the dozens of video clips I have of your 40+ year experts contradicting themselves every other day? Show you actual data, real science. I could make you look foolish.

When November comes and there is a Trump landslide(it's coming), the riots and Covid hysteria will increase as the freaks and communists go bananas.

• Winner Winner x 1
  12. 62gator

62gator GC Hall of Fame

Dec 4, 2007
    Fort Lauderdale, FL
    • Like Like x 1
  13. thale410

thale410 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
  14. flat ronnie

flat ronnie All American

Oct 30, 2017
    ACC just announced they're going with a 10 game all conference plus 1.

I'm sure they are expecting the same out of the SEC so they can have rivalry games.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. flat ronnie

flat ronnie All American

Oct 30, 2017
  16. 62gator

62gator GC Hall of Fame

Dec 4, 2007
    Fort Lauderdale, FL
    Thanks, I didn’t check their schedules before posting. Will reF$U draw ND in the revised schedule...hope so!

17. orangeblue_coop

orangeblue_coop GC Hall of Fame

Nov 19, 2016
    Poor naive souls still getting their hopes up about a silly game being played in the middle of a pandemic lol. Why do you do this to yourselves

• Come On Man Come On Man x 1
  18. thale410

thale410 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    That would be hilarious. They need to replace the inevitable losses to WVU and Boise (again) somehow.

• Like Like x 1
  19. thale410

thale410 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    [​IMG]

20. flat ronnie

flat ronnie All American

Oct 30, 2017
    ND gets Clemson and FSU at home.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.