Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Scottie and Tre

Discussion in 'Nuttin but Net' started by tampajack1, Aug 9, 2021.

1. easycoastgator

easycoastgator GC Legend

Dec 26, 2018
    I’ve never agreed with a coach keeping an ultra-tight leash on players to the point if they miss one shot or commit one dumb foul (not resulting in foul trouble) they get yanked to the bench. That will get guys playing scared. That’s not MW’s overall philosophy but I’ve yelled at the TV too many times to count because he does it. Gotta let them play the game. Gotta let them get in the flow

2. wci347

wci347 GC Hall of Fame

Good point!

• Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
  3. chargator

chargator VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Charlotte, NC
    I remember watching Scottie's play against W. VA, thinking we had found a formula to effectively blend Scottie into the Offense. He was rolling and slashing to the basket, driving into the lane and hitting some jumpers.....then I didn't see him play or be employed the same way again. I do know we became too reliant on running almost everything thru Trae. It did seem to make the offense too predictable, and forced some of the players into spots on the floor that they weren't their most effective. I think Scottie was one of those players, but Durji , to some extent as well.

His opportunities in summer league gave him and the Hornets coaching staff a little more room to experiment with different parts of his game. We all know the goal of summer league is to experiment....whereas Coach White's was to try and win games. We all know he Coaches a little tight and close to the vest. While that sounds like a Criticism, it's really more of an observation based on watching his teams while at Fla.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1