Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Schiff trying to keep "Whistleblower" from being cross examined

Discussion in 'Too Hot for Swamp Gas' started by gator_fever, Nov 2, 2019.

1. VAg8r1

VAg8r1 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
  2. lacuna

lacuna The Conscience of Too Hot Moderator VIP Member

Apr 8, 2007
    Redlands, Colorado
    15! ;)

You misunderstood, flg2. It's not a sensitivity to your repeated use of unhinged. Post 67 questioned your need to pin the term on the left to counter the sensitivity evidenced in your several references of the "highly educated" left (I'll leave it to you to look them up and count them).

You are not speaking of a broken gate or a sagging door when you use this word. In context your derisive usage denigrates and insults the people with whom you politically disagree.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. flgator2

flgator2 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Disagree, you're super sensitive

• Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  4. lacuna

lacuna The Conscience of Too Hot Moderator VIP Member

Apr 8, 2007
    Redlands, Colorado
    It's likely you had another narrower implication in your comment, and did not intend it to be a compliment, but I take it as such and thank you for it. Though overwhelming at times, I appreciate the life enhancing benefits of increased sensitivity to what is going on around me, the wider perspective, to be discerning, inquisitive, empathetic.

• Like Like x 2
  5. Tjgators

Tjgators Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Not sure this post makes sense to the average man or woman.

• Disagree Disagree x 2
  6. Gatorrick22

Gatorrick22 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Only in the U.S.S.R. and a few other despotic THIRD WORLD NATIONS could you have a kangaroo court that defies the national standard for a trail with DUE PROCESS actually get away with attempting to remove a duly elected POTUS... Adam Schiff could and should be arrested for TREASON!!! Screw the commies...

• Come On Man Come On Man x 1
  7. flgator2

flgator2 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    This will turn out just like the other witch hunt, complete waste of time. Just filling the unhinged left with false hope.

8. flgator2

flgator2 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    I'm just throwing right back at you guys.

9. flgator2

flgator2 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    You forgot condescending

10. OaktownGator

OaktownGator Guardian of the GC Galaxy Moderator VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    This post reflects nothing of what is a really going on.

Trump got caught red handed trying to extort/bribe a foreign leader to dig/create dirt on political rivals. In addition to several cases of obstructing justice (1000 former federal Prosecutors) and campaign finance fraud that Cohen is already serving time for.

• Winner Winner x 2
  11. GatorRade

GatorRade Rad Scientist Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    I don’t know why I’m included on this list, but regardless, my point is that they would say they are doing the same thing. They feel provoked just like you do, and yet you see them as evil and you as fighting for justice.

12. VAg8r1

VAg8r1 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    There is a witch hunt that's a complete waste of time. It's the sham investigation by Barr and Durham at Trump's insistence of members of the law enforcement and intelligence community who investigated Russian interference in the 2016 election.

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  13. duchen

duchen VIP Member

Nov 25, 2017
    Fortunately, we don’t live in a country like you describe. You are essentially describing how military dictatorships are run. If they don’t like what a legislator or the puppet chief executive do, they arrest them for treason and shoot them. You constantly demonstrate rank ignorance of due process, too. If you took the time to learn the requirements of procedural due process, you might understand how your intelligence was being insulted by Trump and others who were making that claim. They have now shifted to there should not be”public hearings with witness testimony, cross examination and Trump’s right to participate.” Meanwhile, Trump’s supporters argue to normalize his behavior. He is a crook and used his office to commit crimes. In a Democracy, he should be removed.

• Winner Winner x 1
  14. danmann65

danmann65 GC Hall of Fame

May 22, 2015
    I dont think you are wrong here. Obama did weaponize the executive branch. The IRS, the state department, etc. The Russian collusion nonsense was so transparently nonsense that I couldn't believe anyone bought it.

That doesn't change the fact that Trump has tried to monetize and weaponize his authority as president. That Obama abused power doesn't mean Trump didn't. Hunter Biden cashed in on his dad and every Trump has done the same.

15. GatorNorth

GatorNorth Premium Member Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Atlanta
    take up your complaints with John Boehner, these impeachment procedure rules were passed under his watch.

as to unveiling the whistleblower, that’s just despicable loser talk. You claim to be a man of laws, yet only seem to what them followed when they don’t hurt your side.

party over country.

• Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  16. g8rjd

g8rjd GC Hall of Fame

Jan 20, 2008
    Tallahassee, FL
    The “trail” is in the Senate. The House is akin to a grand jury process, and maybe you should google a defendant’s rights in a grand jury. In fact, the leading treatise on impeachment in the House of Commons notes an instance where the Commons summarily passed Articles with no process. And the Articles passed against Johnson for firing the Secretary of War (from which he avoided removal by one vote) didn’t have much more than that.

But you do you.

• Like Like x 1
  17. duchen

duchen VIP Member

Nov 25, 2017
    Trump and the GOP depend on ignorance. The poster you are responding to does not even know what due process is. He heard GOP Reps who attended the depositions lie and say that they were not allowed to attend and that this was a denial of due process and parrots that.

Before the public Benghazi hearings, they took 50 depositions in private. The GOP and trump's supporters and posters like this did not complain then.

They have the worst kind of ethics and moral compass: changing standards depending on how it affects them. It is disingenuous and intellectual dishonesty at its highest. What is good for you is not good for me.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  18. gatorknights

gatorknights GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    Gainesville, FL
    Nailed it. No wonder why a crooked RE developer turned president is their hero.

• Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
  19. gator_fever

gator_fever GC Hall of Fame

Nov 3, 2013
    [​IMG]

Whistleblower's Atty :D

20. ursidman

ursidman GC Hall of Fame

Sep 27, 2007
    Murphy NC
    I'm curious. I remember the user name of the pied piper. What was the previous name? - if you're comfortable disclosing that.