Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

SB half-time show

Discussion in 'GatorTail Pub' started by Go2gtr, Feb 3, 2020.

1. GatorGirl15

GatorGirl15 Senior

Oct 10, 2008
    I honestly think it was a pretty good performance, way better than the garbage that was Maroon 5 last year.

And you can’t comment on their clothing (they were covered up) when NFL cheerleaders wear way less at every single game.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. mcogator

mcogator Senior

Nov 22, 2016
    Torrance, CA
    Screenshot_20200204-192508_Instagram.jpg

• Funny Funny x 8
  3. orangeblue_coop

orangeblue_coop GC Hall of Fame

Nov 19, 2016
    Well it's 4 days later, I'm going to assume everyone has moved onto something new to be outraged about.

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  4. interrygator73

interrygator73 Sophomore

Feb 21, 2017
    Didn't know tons about Shakira, but her ancestry IS interesting. Grandparents who are Lebanese who moved to NYC where her father was born. Mother of Spanish and Italian ancestry. She was born in and clearly identifies with Columbia and didn't learn English until her 20s.

Liked her better than JLo and can't believe she's 43.

Thumbs up.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. shelbygt350

shelbygt350 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    I have had some time to think it over. As one wag called it: The Ass Time Show.

The Super Bowl week is the highest incidence of human (most all young girls) trafficking in the USA. So what does the NFL etc do? They have very young girls (10-13 yr old) on stage near the end of a show promoting sexual behavior. Yeah yeah, call be a prude, but if you ever had knock out young daughters you have probably had to tell a man or two to quit staring.

Where was the Me2Movement? Hollywood? They are silent when one or two of their own are doing it.

The snake dance (rope was snake), the sign of Cross with the woman, along with all the rest was akin to Santeria worship as well as Satanic worship. Yeah yeah, call it "cultural" all you want, but let's do the Aztec cultural thing next year....you know the cutting out of the heart and eating it.

Little by little in an effort to accept any and all cultures and mores, assuming that all cultures are morally equivalent, we end up with this Asstime show.

Next year, they should have an orgy with all kinds of perversions!!!!

• Like Like x 5
    • Come On Man Come On Man x 4
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. GatorHighlights

GatorHighlights GC Legend

Dec 11, 2009
    You don't need to be called a prude. "Wacko" is more fitting. Satanic worship? Are you on drugs?

And what does this have to do with metoo? These are two career entertainers who agreed to do a performance and were paid, like any entertainer.

• Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
  7. 1big_mfer

1big_mfer Premium Member

Dec 13, 2013
    No one gets paid to perform at halftime. They do it for free to to get the “exposure “
    NFL was actually going to charge entertainers to perform.

• Winner Winner x 1
  8. GatorHighlights

GatorHighlights GC Legend

Dec 11, 2009
    Hell that's even more impressive. That's a crapload of work and stress preparing, practicing for and executing that kind of performance.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. SeabudGator

SeabudGator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 23, 2014
    This post is awesome! I started reading it and was in full agreement - where was the women’s empowerment and the rejection of objectification? I was nodding my head agreeing.

then you veered into ripping out hearts, satanic worship and the cultural superiority (you do realize America’s greatest strength is being a melting pot that welcomes people from all over the world, right). Veered badly. “Damn fureigners shaking their asses in my halftime show. I want good American girls in Dallas cowboy cheerleader outfits shaking their asses on my TV!“

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  10. mcogator

mcogator Senior

Nov 22, 2016
    Torrance, CA
    Half middle eastern girls tend to turn out extremely attractive. Shakira, Salma Hayek, Gigi and Bella Hadid, Yasmeen Bleeth, and Shannon Elizabeth.

11. orangeblue_coop

orangeblue_coop GC Hall of Fame

Nov 19, 2016
    You sound like this guy

Christian activist to sue NFL because Shakira and J-Lo performances endangered his eternal soul

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  12. Spurffelbow833

Spurffelbow833 GC Hall of Fame

Jan 9, 2009
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Wish I would have said that Wish I would have said that x 1
  13. WhattaGator

WhattaGator "Where's The Beef"?? (Or the crabcakes, etc.)... VIP Member "Cook Shack Chef"

Gimme the Dallas Cowboys cheerleaders any day!!!.....
    Maybe...just maybe...the NFL cann put on a halftime show consistimg of cheerleaders from the various NFL teams....No stripper poles,...no "over emphasized" cultural music...and, especially, no need to fill the field with a bunch of "extras", just holdimg up cell phone lights, (or other ones...no need for ANY oif that).....just fill the field "between the 40s with good old, great cheerleaders!!

Me would likey!!!

Just sayin' :)

14. tegator80

tegator80 GC Hall of Fame

May 29, 2007
    Richmond, VA
    Nice take, just about 30 years too late.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. tommyvee

tommyvee GC Hall of Fame

May 16, 2007
    This was specifically geared towards the Latin market in South Florida... and maybe Latin America wasn’t founded by a bunch of prudes?

• Informative Informative x 1
  16. 95Gator

95Gator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 9, 2007
    Studio City, CA
    You didn’t add Mj and McCartney.

THAT last POS was the worst ever. I am amazed at the amount that liked it. First of all, why? Second why?

As mentioned, Prince and Aerosmith take it.

• Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  17. GCNumber7

GCNumber7 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    I thought it was a very educational performance. Like for example I learned we have a ton of old uptight dudes on this board.
    Are you really equating the #metoo movement, which is about sexual assault and harassment, to women who choose to dress and perform in a certain way? Don’t you get that’s exactly part or the problem? That you feel those are related?

So what exactly are you teaching your knock out daughters? That if they dress or dance a certain way, they are asking to be harassed or assaulted?

Last edited: Feb 7, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  18. tilly

tilly Superhero Mod. Fast witted. Bulletproof posts. Moderator VIP Member

Teaching girls that they are objects only leads to them being ok when treated like objects...so yes, this type of stuff is part of the problem.

• Agree x 3
    • Winner x 3
    • Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
    • Come On Man x 1
    • Best Post Ever x 1
  19. gatorjjh

gatorjjh A Gator with a Glass half full attitude Moderator VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Irvine, Fl
    glad I skipped the SB entirely

20. SeabudGator

SeabudGator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 23, 2014
    Sounds like many on here would prefer:

Songs that made the hit parade,
    Guys like us we had it made,
    Those were the days,
    And you know where you were then,
    Girls were girls and men were men,
    Mister we could use a man like Herbert Hoover again,

Funny how many people believe they should be the target audience (despite the fact that they were the target audience 20 years ago). Target demographic is 20-45. Now “get off my lawn.”

Last edited: Feb 7, 2020
    • Funny Funny x 1