Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

SB half-time show

Discussion in 'GatorTail Pub' started by Go2gtr, Feb 3, 2020.

1. GatorKenW

GatorKenW GC Legend

Dec 29, 2009
    Gainesville, FL
    loved it! Shakira is one of the sexiest humans ever. People claiming it is a family event must have been appalled last year and they must hate cheerleaders because they show the same thing. otherwise, those prudes need to take a seat and understand that we saw 2 beautiful latin ladies doing their thing.

• Winner x 3
    • Agree x 2
    • Like x 1
    • Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
    • Creative x 1
  2. traveling gator

traveling gator Sophomore

Mar 7, 2017
    Some of y’all will complain just to pass the time. It’s the world we live in today. I would never play either of them on my Spotify but I saw nothing wrong with it especially considering it was Miami.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Best Post Ever Best Post Ever x 1
  3. tigator2019

tigator2019 GC Legend

Dec 25, 2018
    In my head--- UF
    Like many genres with English words are like that?

"I don't like 'em figgity fat, I like 'em stiggity stacked/You wiggity wiggity wack if you ain't got biggity back."

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  4. JaxGator75

JaxGator75 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    [​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 1
  5. medigatorx

medigatorx Sophomore

Feb 1, 2008
    Pretty sure he was referencing just how much "sitting" Beyonce did during the game...and even before it.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. manigordo

manigordo GC Hall of Fame

They all look the same to me now; over produced nonsense.
    On another topic.... GET OFF MY LAWN!

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. SJB612

SJB612 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 12, 2007
    Historically long. Felt like I was watching two different football games separated by a dance marathon.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  8. I don’t speak Spanish and I didn’t know any of the songs but I’m probably not the demographic that they were trying to reach. The NFL is making a conscious effort to recruit more women and younger viewers. Also, Hispanic marketing is exploding in this country and they were in Miami so I’m sure that all played into it.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. WhattaGator

WhattaGator "Where's The Beef"?? (Or the crabcakes, etc.)... VIP Member "Cook Shack Chef"

That friggn' dumbass halftime "show" was longer than three quarters of the damn game itself!...

It's time to put the emphasis back on the football game....we could have been much more entertained by more commercials.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. DieAGator

DieAGator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    “Latinoooos” GAF

11. justinwitt07

justinwitt07 GC Hall of Fame

Dec 7, 2018
    Atlanta , GA
    Thought shakira stole the show and was sexy as hell. They did what Miami does. In fairness they’re not known for their modesty.

12. WhattaGator

WhattaGator "Where's The Beef"?? (Or the crabcakes, etc.)... VIP Member "Cook Shack Chef"

Sadly...
    The Super Bowl is supposed to be for the entire Country..if not the world....not just Miami....
    They just seem to forget about that fact. :rolleyes:

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  13. NUM1GATRFN

NUM1GATRFN GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    Acworth, Georgia
    Agreed.

Don't forget about Bruno Mars - he did one heck of a halftime show a couple of years ago - absolutely killed it.

Also, way back in the day - the King of Pop - Michael Jackson - fantastic halftime show as well.

Tom Petty's halftime is still one of my most favorites, next to Prince (in the pouring rain, no less).

• Agree Agree x 3
  14. GatorMatt06

GatorMatt06 GC Legend

Oct 4, 2008
    Atlanta, GA
    Plenty of Latinos across the country (even more across the world - Hello Mexico where the NFL has been trying to break through). Largest minority group, fastest growing, plus it’s in Miami (and they were doing a favor since LA was supposed to host). Just because po dunk Iowans don’t get it doesn’t mean that lots of other won’t enjoy it.

It used to be that every year we got some Bruce Springsteen vanilla performance that feels like we’re throwing back to the Cold War and it’s nice and safe for the traditional NFL viewers and becomes background music for everyone else.

It’s been better with more modern performances trying to capture groups that the NFL actually needs to succeed in the future. Plus Joe bag of donuts in Wisconsin won’t stop watching his Packers because they showed Shakira at the halftime show he didn’t watch. If you don’t like it then don’t watch it IMO.

My wife is from PR and she specifically was interested in watching because of the halftime performance and she thought the whole thing was great - loved feeling like a part of the US at a time when people seem to think PR is a foreign country. Again if you don’t like it then grab a beer and kill 30 mins, it’s the same length as boring college halftimes.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  15. Distant Gator

Distant Gator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 9, 2007
    Upstate, SC
    Right. I mean, who is anyone to think this is a family event. It's clearly closer to a strip club- right?
    It's not like they opened the telecast with a bunch of kids running onto the field in the 32 NFL jerseys.
    It's not like they market it as family event- that grandma and little kids can watch and enjoy.

Nah- it's all about stripper poles and almost naked women. The contrast between the halftime show and the game opening was striking.

If you want to see what real music, and a real show looks like, watch the u2 show.

Here's a link if you are too lazy to look it up.

If you are wondering, the names scrolling up to the sky are the 9/11 victims.
    It was u2's way of honoring them.
    What an incredible moment.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  16. BrianUF5220

BrianUF5220 Senior

Feb 2, 2015
    Palm City, FL
    The only music I recognized/enjoyed at all was the 2 seconds of Zeppelin Kashmir that was played.

• Like Like x 2
  17. g8tr80

g8tr80 Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Those who complained about the vulgarity of the halftime show...…...that horse left the barn about 30 years ago. It was actually tame by today's standards.

• Agree Agree x 2
  18. GatorMatt06

GatorMatt06 GC Legend

Oct 4, 2008
    Atlanta, GA
    The same event celebrating people slamming into each other all game and likely ending up with CTE? Or with players being suspended left and right for beating their wives/kids? Or drug abuse?

If you think the NFL is some wholesome sport that teaches kids how to act then you must have access to a time machine or everything you consume is from NFL sanctioned portrayals in movies. Watch baseball, golf, tennis or even the NBA (Shocker!) if you want your kids to have better role models, the NFL is basically the worst. Most people throwing Super Bowl parties are busy getting hammered and cursing at the screen, not some polite backyard BBQ with Dad tossing the football to his son.

Not to mention kids get exposed to this stuff everyday whether you like it or not through social media. The wholesome childhood ship has sailed and kids need to cope with this awful world of people dancing in skimpy outfits and singing in different languages during halftime, so scary.

• Come On Man x 2
    • Agree x 1
    • Disagree x 1
    • Funny x 1
    • Winner x 1
  19. GatorKenW

GatorKenW GC Legend

Dec 29, 2009
    Gainesville, FL

I'll never go to a U2 show, can't stand them or their softy music. I see 100-200 bands yearly. I'm always at a live show somewhere. But the complaints are silly and ignorant. All these woke mom and dads who send their kids to dance or cheer and seem to get upset with those ladies who went to dance or cheer and were good at it then hit the main stage doing it. And OMG, Latina ladies doing Latin dances. The humanity!!! get over yourselves. Kids and grandmas can enjoy what they saw at the halftime. It wasn't any worse than last year when a half naked guy was prancing around on stage with his lame music.

• Funny Funny x 1
  20. red4512

red4512 Premium Member

Mar 4, 2010
    Post of the Day, (maybe week and month)!