Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Sanders chews out staff about McCain comments

Discussion in 'Too Hot for Swamp Gas' started by gatorknights, May 12, 2018.

1. tilly

tilly Superhero Moderator with bulletproof posts! Moderator VIP Member

In fairness...we would have another party of social liberals. There will only likely be a third party for one social ideology I fear.

Wake me up when we get a socially just pro-life candidate...lol.

I am one of the weird social conservatives and fiscal moderates out there.

2. tilly

What am I missing? A no vote by cons helps Hillary because they were never voting for her.

I guarantee Hillary disagrees with you.
    She wishes many on the right had not voted for Trump. Why is that?

3. gator_lawyer

gator_lawyer Premium Member

Oct 30, 2017
    Our third party would likely be social liberals and fiscal conservatives/moderates. That's correct. Which would give you social conservatives candidates who represent your values.

4. gator_lawyer

Oct 30, 2017
    We'll use your analogy. The score is 1-1. If you vote for Trump, it makes the score 2-1. If you vote for Hillary, it makes the score 1-2. If you vote for neither, what's the score? It's still 1-1. The vote is a net neutral. It's not a vote for Hillary. Now, you could have the opinion that it helps Hillary, but that assumes that's not cancelled out by a liberal choosing not to vote for Hillary (and plenty of them chose not to vote for her).

5. JohnC1908

JohnC1908 GC Hall of Fame

John McCain is an ego maniac. The man has dropped every status about his health so he can have the benefit of witnessing his eulogy.

6. tilly

That is exactly what I am saying. But votes don't cancel out. A vote for DT and a non vote for Hillary is like a two vote swing as opposed to the opposite.

7. Tjgators

Tjgators Premium Member VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    There were definitely voters from both parties holding their noses in the voting booth, but you can't compare the nose holding. Trump had just knocked out a large number of good candidates for the right and Hillary had to beat one crazy old dude that wants to give everything to everybody and she had to cheat to do it.

I would say the advantage would be to the left by a wide margin for nose holding.

• Like Like x 1
  8. orangeblue_coop

orangeblue_coop GC Hall of Fame

Nov 19, 2016
    No one who supports/defends Donald Trump gets to say this about another person ever again in life.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
  9. JohnC1908

JohnC1908 GC Hall of Fame

I don’t support or defend Donald Trump. I really don’t care.

10. gator_lawyer

Oct 30, 2017
    Hillary beat one crazy old dude and lost to another. Both sides engaged in pathetic nose-holding. Stop the finger-pointing and own your role.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  11. gator_lawyer

Oct 30, 2017
    It's a one vote swing, dude. Getting a run in the top of the 1st and the other side getting 0 runs in the bottom of the first is not a two-run swing.

12. g8orbill

g8orbill Old Gator VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Clermont, Fl
    The election was 18 months ago and yet libs still refuse to accept the results

13. Tjgators

Apr 3, 2007
    Both sides did not engage in pathetic nose holding. In fact, I believe many people were happy to vote against Hillary. Doesn't mean they held their nose.

Are you comparing dirt floor Bernie to Trump? Has Bernie ever made a dollar that was not paid by the government? Ofcourse he has. Is he willing to give it all to support you and I? What is Bernie worth today never working outside the government with maybe 1 book deal? What do you mean own my role? What do you know about my role? What is your role? What is your role as a lawyer?

14. gator_lawyer

Oct 30, 2017
    If I did compare them, there wouldn't be a comparison. Bernie, while misguided on some things, is a man of principle. Trump's only principle is furthering himself.

I'm talking about your role in electing Trump. Your post made it sound like you held your nose and voted for him.

15. Tjgators

Apr 3, 2007
    I do not hold my nose now, but it didn't started that way. I am on board now witnessing the great things that are happening. He does have a character flaw of tooting his own horn, but the guy is making things happen. Yes, I am judging others which is not my role. In fact, it's a gigantic flaw. I should do better and can do better.

• Friendly Friendly x 2
  16. tilly

Sure they can. I actually don't like the piling on of a dying man...but many of us voted for Trump but still call him out for being the bad person that he is. As long as we are honest about that, I see no reason we can't do the same about others.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  17. tilly

It is if you take a run away from the other side. Which is what happens under the specific scenario I listed.

Just to be clear...I have been saying it is a one run swing all along. You are the one saying it is even.

18. tilly

They are probably thinking the same thing about you and Hillary.;)

19. g8orbill

g8orbill Old Gator VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Clermont, Fl
    my views on the hildabeast have nothing to do with the election- I think she is a crook and I am tired of her being able to thumb her nose at our laws and get away with it

Last edited by a moderator: May 15, 2018
  20. tilly

But after all these years you still refuse to except the results of the findings. It all smells the same. If you think Trump has never been on the wrong side of any laws then you are just covering your eyes.

Most uber powerful people have a crooked side. They are both sucky human beings. In my opinion they both represent the worst side of humanity in our culture.

I am driven to lean towards the right on the political spectrum, but can also be completely honest with myself in saying that Trump and Hillary are equally terrible people.

• Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1