Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Sadly, UCF is now just an average, run-of-the-mill, non-Power 5 program (Bianchi Opines)

Discussion in 'RayGator's Swamp Gas' started by gatorjjh, Nov 10, 2019.

1. atlantagator86

atlantagator86 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Alpharetta, GA
    And there were several people on this board openly campaigning last year for the SEC to expand to take UCF. ;)

• Like Like x 1
  2. mkfgator

mkfgator Junior

Aug 28, 2019
    What goes around comes around. The arrogant will be humbled. UCF made their own bed when they decided to promote national football identity , sprinkled with a bunch of arrogance. Good luck against the next top 100 team you play this weekend.

3. LAGatorDoc

LAGatorDoc GC Hall of Fame

Jul 29, 2012
    Sadly, UCF has always been just an average, run-of-the-mill, non-Power 5 program (Bianchi Opines)

FIFY

4. KendallGator922

KendallGator922 GC Legend

Mar 27, 2015
    I saw someone post this: UCF > LSU > ALABAMA. I threw up a little bit.

• Funny Funny x 1
  5. GameTime1

GameTime1 GC Legend

Jul 27, 2015
    I think bianchi is great. Just about everyone hates him because he gives it to all.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  6. scooterp

scooterp GC Legend

Feb 15, 2012
    You can blame the AD’s premature arrogance for that. Your program’s value is what the market says it’s worth ...not what you proclaim it to be. Trying to wage a publicity war and bully UF to the bargaining table was a bad strategy that completely blew in his face.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  7. gatorjjh

gatorjjh A Gator with a Glass half full attitude Moderator VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Irvine, Fl
    everyone is entitled to an opinion... the Sentinel loves MB
    the sign of a top tier columnist, afflicting the comfortable and comforting the afflicted

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  8. ofmgator

ofmgator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Academics count too ....

9. gatorpa

gatorpa GC Hall of Fame

Sep 5, 2010
    East Coast of FL
    Reverts to the mean.
    Which if they were in the SEC would be 7-5 season occasional 9-3...

10. KendallGator922

KendallGator922 GC Legend

Mar 27, 2015
    Only math counts. For English, you must read between the lines.

11. Crusher

Crusher GC Hall of Fame

Apr 19, 2007
    Nothing but a click-baiter.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  12. atlantagator86

atlantagator86 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Alpharetta, GA
    You don't honestly think they'd go 9-3 against an SEC schedule, do you? Even Vandy had a stronger recruiting class.

Did anyone see how empty the UCF stands were last week? Even the premium 50-yard line seats were only about half full.

13. oragator1

oragator1 Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    He Doesn’t hate UF, he just loves stirring the pot. And he knows knocking UF means calls to his show and hits to his website, just like this article will do for UCF. It’s his schtick.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. thenazz

thenazz Junior

Sep 4, 2017
    Albuquerque
    Wait. Bianchi has read Steinbeck?!?

15. Crusher

Crusher GC Hall of Fame

Apr 19, 2007
    Just like I said, click-baiter. Which is why the Slantinel loves him so much.

16. gatorpa

gatorpa GC Hall of Fame

Sep 5, 2010
    East Coast of FL
    I was feeling generous..... Occasional=once a decade...
    They could still schedule UConn, Tulane, USF as OCC (due to the "history of the rivalries") :)

17. gatorjjh

gatorjjh A Gator with a Glass half full attitude Moderator VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Irvine, Fl
    I disagree, MB knows his sports and he knows how to do his job, columnists are not reporters they are paid for opinions, he does a great job, I understand you don't care for his opinions but the man is doing his job and doing it well whether it is gigging the big boy football teams or calling out UCF for a lousy performance... I look forward to reading his stuff several times a week I agree some days and disagree others, C'est la vie :)

18. tigator2019

tigator2019 GC Legend

Dec 25, 2018
    In my head--- UF
    Top tier. Never.

Every single writer/reporter/columnist on the Athletic Who covers the Gators is much much better at their craft.

there are at least 10 folks on this board who are more insightful, better writers, and post witty snarky stuff than MB.

He is an overhead projector in the time of Prezi

Last edited: Nov 11, 2019
    • Funny Funny x 1
  19. WhattaGator

WhattaGator Ever Vigilant Psycho Mod Moderator VIP Member "Cook Shack Chef"

UCF had aquired a "superiority complex" when they had found a QB in Milton, and several other key players, especially on oiffense, becoming the "Man among boys" in the AAC (Almost Athletic Conference)....
    It helped them to rise from the crappy obscurity,, (0-12, 6-7), to then claim their "Mythical National Championship"...not too shabby, but they're still in the "little boys" league.....now, do that in the SEC, and I'll shake your hand..

Their superiority complex, especially after claiming their "Natty Lite", garnered some very strange fans... from the fair weather kids who once jumped up and down in their "Bounce House", to the attorney who tried to organize the crashing of College Gameday, but somehow pulled a MacElwain "chiuckenshit" move by backing oiut of it, claiming that he also had recieved death threats......now, there was no "bounce" in the house when UCF lost to a 2-7 Temple team, who had to use a 1st time backup QB in the 2nd half of the game.......

And then.,.there's "Danny Boy"... an AD with a huge mouth, demanding games with the Gators, but only on his terms.....yeah, Hey, Danny...are you ever gonna come out from under yoiur desk??? we haven't heard a freaking peep from you lately.....

True, UCF might come and go.... even the blind squirrel...ya' knoiw... but, will they ever attain the continual degree of quality footballl to ever step into a better conference, and play with the big boys?????
    The answer.... a resounding NO

But, hey, guys....you'll always have your lazy river...you ARE Champions of life....and....you can always hoist your Natty Lite trophy....I think Danny White has it somewhere under his desk.:D

[​IMG]

20. Crusher

Crusher GC Hall of Fame

Apr 19, 2007
    He's just a mite too eager to be controversial for my taste...which leads me to believe that he cares much more about his click stats than he does about what he is writing. He is a talented writer and always has been, but IMO his work went directly S about the time people started reading all their news on the interwebs.