Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Russia Backs Trump’s Re-election

Discussion in 'GatorNana's Too Hot for Swamp Gas' started by PITBOSS, Feb 20, 2020.

1. GatorRade

GatorRade Rad Scientist Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Most of us thought Trump was about the worst candidate possible, so I don’t have much faith in our intuitions at this point. Who knows what will happen.

2. danmann65

danmann65 GC Hall of Fame

May 22, 2015
    However he is supporting Bernie in the democratic primary. He just wants chaos over here. He doesn't care who is elected as long as they are weakened.

3. danmann65

May 22, 2015
    In 2016 I thought we had the two worst candidates possible. Hillary and Trump, I voted for Johnson even though he is flaky because I wanted to be free of voting for the two sleazebags nominated by the two established parties.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. GatorRade

GatorRade Rad Scientist Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Understood. I voted for Hillary, but after she lost, I wished I had voted for Johnson. I’ll be interested to see who the libertarians put forward this year.

5. sierragator

sierragator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    Putin cut his teeth being a KGB operative in East Germany. He despises the US with every fiber in his body. He is also resentful about the breakup of the USSR and that sense that mother Russia was humiliated in the process. He would love nothing more than to weaken, divide, or even destroy the US and will do whatever he can to facilitate all of that.

• Winner Winner x 2
  6. g8trjax

g8trjax GC Hall of Fame

Jun 1, 2007
    If you're going to risk going to jail to leak presumably classified information on 'russian interference', at least be a bit more specific.

7. ursidman

ursidman GC Hall of Fame

Sep 27, 2007
    Murphy NC
    The first step in solving a problem is to recognize you have one. That is not going to happen under current leadership. ** WARNING the following is opinion**
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/opin...457754-54df-11ea-b119-4faabac6674f_story.html
    Trump doesn’t want to hear about Russian election interference. So Congress must step up.
    THERE ARE plenty of good people in government who want to protect this country’s elections. The problem is that President Trump may not let them.

The replacement of Joseph Maguire with Richard Grenell as acting director of national intelligence was already part of a concerning post-impeachment pattern: the purging of public servants deemed too independent and the installation of blind loyalists to supplant them. But the change became more concerning still when The Post reported that Mr. Maguire’s odds of securing a permanent position plummeted after his staff told Congress that Russia is trying to get Mr. Trump reelected. The president describes this finding as a “hoax.”

There’s much Congress could do to help, if Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell (Ky.) and other Republicans would only sign on. Mr. Van Hollen continues to fight for his bipartisan Deter Act imposing automatic sanctions on a foreign adversary that interferes in a future election. The catch? Punishment is contingent on a finding in a mandated report by . . . the director of national intelligence, who for now is Mr. Grenell. Mr. Van Hollen says his bill contains safeguards even with the DNI role in danger. These include contributions to the report from agencies such as the FBI and the National Security Agency, where those same professionals the White House habitually scorns are coming into work every day and doing their jobs with integrity

• Winner Winner x 1
  8. danmann65

May 22, 2015
    I am still not certain if Trump is a better or worse president than Hillary would have been. I am hoping the dems come to their senses and nominate a competent moderate candidate. I prefer Klobuchar or Buttigieg. I fear that the dems will nominate one of the senile 3 and I am forced to go independent again.

9. gator_fever

gator_fever GC Hall of Fame

Nov 3, 2013
    Probably Lincoln Chafee but the libertarian party will get way less votes this time probably boosting Trump quite a bit in a few states. Probably 2 million less votes this time back to closer to their normal numbers. One poll made it seem those voters would be for Trump over Hillary at about a 61% to 39% clip if they did choose not to go libertarian candidate.

• Informative Informative x 1
  10. Gator515151

Gator515151 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 4, 2007
    Oh My!!!

• Funny Funny x 1
  11. tampagtr

tampagtr VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
  12. duchen

duchen VIP Member

Nov 25, 2017
    So the Trump Administration begins changing the story and leaks that the assessment was overstated after firing the DNI and then sends its minions on talk shows to argue the report to Congress was wrong, and that the Russians are favoring Bernie Sanders? That is why they fired the DNI. So they can change the narrative. Not buying the new narrative. Too many lies by Trump. But, that is what happens in regimes creeping toward authoritarianism. Truth becomes a fog and whatever the dictator wants you to believe. Even to the point of getting rid of their own if the report is not what he wants to hear. The Ukraine lies being the ultimate and most open example, with the truth tellers all losing their positions. Not really surprising we would see reports like this come out after the firing. The sad part is that people believe this. Then again, you have to want to believe.

Last edited: Feb 24, 2020
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Come On Man Come On Man x 1
  13. VAg8r1

VAg8r1 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    Agree completely. This administration has absolutely no credibility. Not only does Trump himself have a long history of lying, he has begun purging virtually every one in the Administration who may even slightly deviate from his narrative. The not so subtle message is that one can either be truthful or continue working in the Trump Administration. Under Donald Trump, credibility and continued employment in any position in the Administration in which Trump has the authority of termination at will are mutually exclusive.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Gator515151

Gator515151 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 4, 2007
    So you don't trust CNN to have multiple sources? You seriously think CNN is going to run a piece retracting a story they ran with based on Trump administration lies? I've never seen CNN retract anything Trump without knowing the story was a complete fabrication.

• Like Like x 1
  15. llm85

llm85 NBN Bracket Master

Sep 1, 2011
    Naples
    FAKE NEWS. The Russians are helping Bernie, not Trump.

• Funny Funny x 1
  16. gator_fever

gator_fever GC Hall of Fame

Nov 3, 2013

It never ends...:D

17. VAg8r1

VAg8r1 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    So you think the Wall Street Journal is another deep state fake news organ?

• Come On Man Come On Man x 1
  18. oragator1

oragator1 Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    me too. It was the only way I could leave the ballot box without vomiting. Just hope the libertarians put up someone decent again so I have the same option if needed.

And, I will say it again, the strict nihilist win or lose two party system is giving us these turds, If more people voted third party they would actually have someone the debate stage to point out the stupidity of it all, and policies that would force them to think outside the box instead of the same tired mantras.
    It’s not a coincidence that the only time we had a credible third party candidate in my lifetime, we got the most centrist president we have had, in Clinton. But people are so wrapped up in how evil the other side is that they never break away long enough to realize that they are perpetuating those awful choices.

• Winner Winner x 1